UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 07:47 AM   #1  

Default Rosemary Conley Slimming Clubs

Hi all

Does anyone here go to Rosemary Conley clubs? I am currently doing my diet (counting cals) at home, which is fine and having support from a board like this helps. But I have been thinking about joining a club, I'm pretty sure that RC count cals and fat, which suits me, plus they do an exercise class as well, and I certainly need that!!

Just wondered if anyone knew much about it and what it's like.

thanks
Old 01-23-2003, 02:41 AM   #2  
Queen of Chaos!

Never actually been to any of her clubs, but the idea is fine in principal. Just bear in mind that they are franchises, so they will only be as good as the instructor themselves.
From what I have seen in her magazine the diet it's self is VERY low fat, absolutly no spreads etc, don't think I could handle that one myself!
Her recipe books are quite good, but my advice is to steer clear of the ones that include Quark......YUK!
Old 01-23-2003, 07:12 AM   #3  

Thanks for your reply

I have decided to give it a go, but I can't attend for the next couple of weeks.

I've got a voucher from my local paper giving me free membership so I will only pay for the class itself, so at least that way I can give it a go without paying out too much.

I feel that what I'm doing is working quite well, so although I'm prepared to take on board the "diet plan" they offer at the club, I think I will "adapt" to fit in with my counting cals anyway, as being flexible helps me to stick with it, so some days I only have 1100 cals and another 2000 - it works for me.

So I'll give it a go, get some info, some recipes and ideas perhaps, some exercise and maybe make some friends too. Like you say, it all depends on the instructor, if I don't take to her, then it's not going to work!

Thanks
Old 01-23-2003, 01:44 PM   #4  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

used to go to RC and found the diet too restricting, like, never ever eat....great long list of things containing fat. But RC has gone back to basics and although there is a fat gram to consider you are given a calorie allowance which was pretty high, i think i could have about 1800 cals per day. I found it a bit pricey cos the prices in London are higher than the rest of the country, probably to do with the cost of hiring a room etc ) but I did like the idea of having a n exercise class thrown in.
Closed Thread