UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Default I fell off the wagon in a huge way. I ate everything in sight :-(

Hi fellow dieters.

I started off with huge amounts of determination and enthusiasm. I then had a doughnut and it all spiraled out of control from there. A doughnut led to a glass of wine, which led to finishing off the bottle, to mashed potato, Indian and Chinese takeaway, chocolate, crisps. While I don't seem to have put on more than about 3lbs, I replaced proper meals with snacking on junk food and wine. Not good at all.

If that wasn't bad enough I sprained my ankle while out running and even though it didn't take long to heal, I found it so hard to get back into my exercise routine. I kept on saying to myself 'I'll do it tomorrow' tomorrow would arrive and I'd say 'I'll do it tomorrow'. I'm naturally quite a lazy person and would rather sit on the sofa with a glass of wine and a good murder mystery drama, than go out running and get all sweaty, red faced and tired.

Still watching my best friend get all slim and toned is really really hard, so I've decided to bite the bullet and return to this amazing site

Holly
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Hey holly, we all fall of the wagon from time to time, booze is my demon i have a glass of red and it goes from bad to worse then i have a hangover and have to drink fat coke and fried brekkie

do let a slip up get you down get back on the wagon and start again, noone is perfect

Good luck xx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

One setback is one setback, it's not the end of your weight loss journey. It's just part of the learning experience.

Make a deal with yourself that after doing a run you reward yourself with reading a good book?
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

As the saying goes... Tomorrow never comes, there is only today!

We've all hit bumps in the road. You recognize you need a little extra push and have come back to ask for it, and that's positive and GOOD.

You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

marie81-booze is also my downfall, I can usually resist food sober, but after a few glasses of wine I start thinking that cheesy pasta is a good idea and not at all calorific! I crave toast and peanut butter, crisps, cheese, chocolate. All in all me plus booze is a dieting disaster so it's the only thing I've forbidden. I can't just have 1 glass and leave the rest alone.

Still its working so far! Thank you for all the encouraging messages, it's more helpful than my mums 'well why don't you just stop eating crap?' theory lol.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #6  
i cant wait for a ticker

S/C/G: 206/TICKER/150

Height: 5ft5

Isobel I'm so glad you're sticking with it despite the slip up, believe me i've been there, once you have one bad thing you decided "may aswell have this, and this, and this .....OHH AND THIS" at least thats how it is for me, I find that if i still put the slips in my log even though i hate seeing something like 3000 calories in one day i can look back and see why i lost less in a certain week.

The most important thing is once you've fallen to get back up, act like it didnt happen and stick to the plan, and remind yourself that it will work & is worth it"

sorry i might be ramblin now but sometimes i find that if i drink a few glasses of water the cravings can subside oh and a bit of cinnamon in tea seems to help them go away too.

marie - loved the "fat coke" reference, im the exact same!
justonemorepound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #7  

Yeah, don't be too hard on yourself. We all have slip ups. We just need to get up and continue on even after! Which you are taking the initiative to do!
You can do it!
chemistrygirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

You are not alone, Holly. I know that I have personally been there! At the end of Feb/beginning of March, one bad day led to a MONTH of "tomorrow's" for me!

Focus on the positive- you're back and posting and being accountable for your slip up. Do not let it be the end of your journey!!
Kendrab1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 247/187/163

Height: 5ft 7in

Hi Holly,

I noticed that our start & target weights are similar...
My current weight has taken THREE YEARS to get to. It's not that I've gone up and down, I've just been quite lazy!! (I justify it by saying it's probably better that it's slow as I've just gradually retrained myself).

I diet Monday-Friday - I follow weight watchers points but don't follow religiously, and don't go to meetings - and then binge at the weekends. And by binge I don't mean eat everything in site (have you seen the Butterfield diet on youtube...?!) but I don't count my points and I don't worry if I go out and have a fry up or go out drinking.

I'd recommend just walking to you - I spoke to a gym rep a while back who told me to do a 5km walk twice a week (on or off a treadmill) and it's amazing how effective that was. I'm now doing a spin class a week and a 5km walk a week, but up my inclines and speeds so that I jog a bit of it. I'll never be a runner of a fitness freak, but all it takes for me is 2 exercise sessions a week. I understand you're not working so going to spin classes isn't really an option just yet, but go for 5km walks 2 or 3 times a week, it's less than an hour out of your day.

It's important to fall off the wagon because you're never going to maintain if you spend your life watching what you eat, but it's also important to get back on it straight away.

Would you find a food diary helpful? I know when I'm at my hormonal suicidal dip and I recognise also that this is when I head for my housemate's peanut butter supply with a table spoon. But recognising the reason I need the peanut butter also helps me to plan when I'm likely to need to book a gym class or buy extra lettuce!!!

Sorry if all this is a bit much or patronising, but I completely feel your situation - and have done so quite a lot over the last three years.
BetterLikeMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #10  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

I sooo know where your coming from!! I went to Alton Towers in the 3rd week of June and i spent the first 2 weeks completley on plan (lost 7 pounds) and then since going away for 2 nights i havnt stopped eating!! I am just always hungry
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #11  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Sweetie, I am in no way shape or form a UK Chick. Heck, I live smack dab in the middle of the US, in western Nebraska, basically the sticks.

I am a Weight Watchers Lifetime Member. Twice! LOL. The one thing I have learned, none of us are perfect. So you fell off the wagon. So what. What counts, is that you get back on. As many times as it takes! It's about persistence not perfection. And with WW, no food or drink is off limits, you just need to work it in to your plan.

Heck, I like beer, I have a few each week, but it is part of my plan.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #12  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

I hear that, when a dream of mine started to fall apart I had to take a part-time job to save the money to move out of my apartment and back in with my dad.. the job was at this incredible homemade ice cream stand and that's when the gaining began.. I am up 12 pounds and I keep binging and skipping on the workouts.. The person above me is absolutely right though, when you are in a hole you definitely can't keep adding to the problem. We both need to just take control of our lives again. You can do it girl!
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote