UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Hi everyone

Riestrella, i work as a bid manager for a construction company in kent (i live west london / surrey borders so its a long old trek)I have worked my arse of in a mans wold to get this high up, so i gotta work like a man to stay there... god its hard work!
Let me know how you get on with the cook book, sounds like my kinda thing. I didnt have any coke today, but lots of coffee, i think its the caffeine i crave

wana wear a bikin - I would of loved to travel but I had my 1st bubba at 19 so missed out. Sweden must be lovely isnt it the cleanest place in the EU or something? (and they have the hottest men)

belmagick - good luck with the exams

Well my day has been good food wise I have not binged but i still had a glass of red wine when I got home, well 3 glasses.... booze is a demon! no choc and no coke so it cant be that bad.
So tired now these long days are a killer, and im doing them in 4inch heel.. painful... but i love it.. hee hee

Take care chicks xxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #17  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie81 View Post
Riestrella, i work as a bid manager for a construction company in kent (i live west london / surrey borders so its a long old trek)I have worked my arse of in a mans wold to get this high up, so i gotta work like a man to stay there... god its hard work!
Let me know how you get on with the cook book, sounds like my kinda thing. I didnt have any coke today, but lots of coffee, i think its the caffeine i crave
Wow! That's quite the commute. Is there anyway you can move there? Good for you for getting to where you are and working hard to keep it! I have nothing but respect for you.
If you go to Hungrygirl.com you can sign up for a email newsletter and you get recipes emailed to you most days of the week - there are a few I wouldn't mind trying already!

Oy...caffeine is a baaad thing. It's an addiction just like cigarettes, so the same extreme methods sometimes have to be undergone to kick the habit. You can do it!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi all, I'm brand new to this forum and clearly I've just missed the boat on your biggest loser challenge!

Not to worry, I'd love to tag along (and compete against myself) and hopefully share some advice and tips and suchlike.

A quick note about why I'm here: I started a 'diet' 8 weeks ago and haven't actually been controlling my food at all, just monitoring it. I've hit desperation point today and really need to get some self-control to stick to my diet goals. I'm hoping a supportive community like this will give me the motivation to keep going.

Good luck everyone with the challenge, I wish you all the best over the coming weeks, you can do it!!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:34 AM   #19  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

themilesawaygirl: Welcome to the forum! Hope you find all the support you need here on the board, it's a great community and provides some inspiration for anyone trying to lose weight. I personally find myself going to the Goal Photo Album thread and seeing pictures of all the people who've reached their goal weight, some of the results are incredible!

--

I'm a bit nervous about weighing tomorrow! I know I shouldn't be! But my weight has been all over the place this week (182, 184, 185! =S), so I'm hoping for a nice lower number tomorrow!

Good luck everyone! Please remember to weigh in by Monday or it won't count!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-14-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:43 AM   #20  
taking one day at a time

S/C/G: 203/180/135

Height: 5' 4 (5'5? measured at clinic)

Morning all. Well, weigh in was this morning and even though I'd lost 1.5lb I hadn't done as well as I was hoping. I had a sneaky weigh in on Wednesday and the scales were bouncing between 109.8 and 200 so I wanted to hit the onesies this week. I've been really hungry though and have ended up picking at night, it's my TOM too and we've had two take aways (chippy and chinese chicken balls!) so I suppose it's not too bad. Thankfully the torture, I mean exercise, must be doing it's job!

How's everyone else's week gone?
mom24uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #21  
Bells For Her

S/C/G: 156/112/105

Height: 5'1 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24uk View Post
Morning all. Well, weigh in was this morning and even though I'd lost 1.5lb I hadn't done as well as I was hoping. I had a sneaky weigh in on Wednesday and the scales were bouncing between 109.8 and 200 so I wanted to hit the onesies this week. I've been really hungry though and have ended up picking at night, it's my TOM too and we've had two take aways (chippy and chinese chicken balls!) so I suppose it's not too bad. Thankfully the torture, I mean exercise, must be doing it's job!

How's everyone else's week gone?
It's probably just TOM and a bit of water retention from the chips and chicken balls. I have a feeling next week will probably a good week for you.

I was a bit disappointed too because I was secretly hoping for 2Ibs but 1Ib loss is still a good loss and I have been quite naughty this week. It should have been my TOM too but I take the BC so I only have one every three months, so it's more like TO3M. Still, I had chocolate cravings and finished my easter chocolates. Oh well gone now.

My BMI is 25.1, I'm so close now to being normal weight it's getting frustrating. Maybe next week will be a good week for me too. Let's just hope I pass these exams.

Oh and today I discovered turkey bacon in tesco. It's not real bacon but it's pretty good, especially for 55 cals for two rashers. omnonon!

Last edited by belmagick; 05-14-2011 at 07:51 AM.
belmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies, So weigh in was a bit disappointing. 2lb lost, which I know is good, but I suppose I was hoping for a bit more. A friend of mine is losing weight rapidly (6/7lb a week, with no exercise) so I guess I wanted to try to catch her up lol

BUT..I do know its a good, and average loss so I'm not going to feel too bad.

Well done to all of you x
chickalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmagick View Post
Oh and today I discovered turkey bacon in tesco. It's not real bacon but it's pretty good, especially for 55 cals for two rashers. omnonon!
Oooohhh I will have to go hunting for that Monday morning. I love a bacon sarnie lol
Old 05-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #24  

1 more thing because I thought it was funny........I love how I go to the top of the page on this site and there is an ad in big letters saying : BURGER DEALS in {your area}. Thats exactly what 3fc needs lmao
Old 05-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #25  
taking one day at a time

S/C/G: 203/180/135

Height: 5' 4 (5'5? measured at clinic)

@ belmagick. Thanks chick, I hope next week is a good week for us all. Every day that we try to make life better by losing weight or getting fit or whatever it is, we're trying to achieve, is a good day though.
You're 1lb loss is a good loss and just becuase you don't have a TOM anymore doesn't mean your body doesn't react. I had a mirena IUD and even though I never had a TOM I still used to have the monthly symptoms so you could still have fluid retention.
I've got my fingers crossed for everything for you - exams, bmi and weight!

@ chickalee. I'm no expert but I think 2lbs is more sustainable than 7. You're doing great, well done losing those 2lbs! I can recommend the turkey bacon butties too (without all the butter of course!).
lol at the burger ad. I didn't see that or I might have been tempted to click on it....
mom24uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:44 AM   #26  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

HI all,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoyed Eurovision ha ha ha (I'm a closet fan, can't help it!)

Had a great week last week, but not great for the diet, new scales are showing a 1lb loss on last week. I hope that's really true and not just a differential between the scales, but whatever, I'm taking it, and now really on it for this week.

Could be a bit of a struggle though, since getting back to the UK I've been living at my parents which is quite a chore, but has meant I've stayed a lot more on plan having other people around. This morning they've gone on holiday, so this is my first week alone with all this yummy ENglish food, not sure how well I'm going to cope, really don't trust myself not to binge for a week straight. Going to do my best to behave, and will do lots and lots of exercise in the hope that'll stop me from wanting to binge, we'll see!

Hope everyone has a great week xxx
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #27  
Bells For Her

S/C/G: 156/112/105

Height: 5'1 and a half!

@Chickalee sorry to say it but your friend is losing water weight which isn't sustainable. Probably losing muscle mass too which will screw her metabolism up and she will most definitely not keep up that kind of weight loss (I've tried it and ended up fatter than ever).

There was a thread on here posted a while ago of two women both the same weight, one who had lost weight without exercise was a size U.S. 12 (a 16 to us) and the other who had lost weight with exercise was a size U.S. 6 (a 10 to us) exercise and muscle makes all the difference.

A 2Ib weight loss is a loss of fat which means you're doing it healthily and you are more likely to maintain. I could be wrong about your friend, of course but it sounds like you're doing fantastically so please don't get too discouraged by slow weight loss.

@mom24uk thank you so much and you're so right, this week let's both get to our respective goals.

I also got Tori Amos tickets this week to see her in November. Last August I was lucky enough to meet her and we had our pictures taken together-she's the same height as me but I just looked like a complete blob next her. (It didn't help that I burst into tears when she looked at me so my face was completely swollen.) But if I can get to my goal or at least close by November and I manage to meet her again, I want that picture taken again and this time I'm going to look better.
belmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Hi everyone, i weighed in this morning 187 a 3lb GAIN!! I am not very haooy about this but its my own fault i have been drinking to much booze and eating a little but late at night. i am so rubbish
Next week i am going to put a lot more effort in!!

Good luck everyone else xx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #29  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Just been to Morrisons, and bought tons of healthy things, all good! But how did the irresistibly tasty smelling Chinese king ribs end up in my trolley, just eaten one,so good, but so damn greasy, whoops! Extra long dog walk later then......!

Marie, sorry you gained, it's always so disheartening, but at least you know where you went wrong, good luck in making changes next week, why's this dieting lark so hard?!

Belmagick, all you say about sustainable and sensible weigh loss with exercise and muscle work makes so much sense, but why oh why do I still yearn for faddy massive losses every week?! I think setting your November goal is great, I love having something long term to work towards, so much more achievable than expecting visible changes every week
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmagick View Post
@Chickalee sorry to say it but your friend is losing water weight which isn't sustainable. Probably losing muscle mass too which will screw her metabolism up and she will most definitely not keep up that kind of weight loss (I've tried it and ended up fatter than ever).

There was a thread on here posted a while ago of two women both the same weight, one who had lost weight without exercise was a size U.S. 12 (a 16 to us) and the other who had lost weight with exercise was a size U.S. 6 (a 10 to us) exercise and muscle makes all the difference.

A 2Ib weight loss is a loss of fat which means you're doing it healthily and you are more likely to maintain. I could be wrong about your friend, of course but it sounds like you're doing fantastically so please don't get too discouraged by slow weight loss.
Thankyou, that makes me feel so much better. We started our 'diets' a week apart and people are already commenting on her weight loss so I think I was a bit envious. Because I have started to do a lot of walking and use the wii fit every day, she has told me to stop exercising as I would lose the weight quicker. I obviously won't do that as I want to get fit aswell as lose weight anyway.

This is my first 'diet' so I don't really know what I'm doing lol. I did lose weight before but that was when I first met my now Husband and wouldnt binge in front of him lol for fear of looking like a big fat pig haha.

I didn't see that thread but that is interesting. I will definately think of that at next weigh in.

Havent done too well today. We were decorating our kitchen today so the cooker couldnt be used. My husband went to get some pizza for dinner. I had 2 slices AND full fat coke. I will do extra walking tomorrow I think and shopping in the morning so I'll buy only healthy.