UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbintolerant View Post
Hi
I wondered where you went to. So, how much did you lose from your first entry?

My first weigh in is 18 April which will end my Phase 1 - feel better and slimmer so we will see.
Hiya hun all in all so far I've almost lost another stone, as you could imagine I'm sitting on top of the world
Saw an old friend yesterday and she couldn't recognize me lol

How you getting on???
HoneyWobBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:12 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Carbintolerant ... here's how to add a profile picture.
Click on User CP on the bar top left
Select Edit Profile Picture
Upload your picture
Click save before you exit.
(Your picture may have to be re-sized.)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:28 AM   #18  
One calorie at a time

S/C/G: 155/149/135

Height: 5'4"

UK recipes for SBD are a great idea! I know the ones from the States, but the conversions or a few of the substitutions are tricky as the ingredients are harder to find here. Maybe just post as you make them? I have never done SB properly, but do make some of the recipes. I'll have to pull out a few of my favorites and post them with the UK info.

Haha, that's funny This is why "food issues unique to the UK" tag line is true - Squash is a drink here, sort of like a liquid Crystal Light. So not squash as in the veg.
Missjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:03 AM   #19  

Hi, I'm Ruth and joined the boards yesterday. I've been wondering about doing the SB diet, what book would be the best version to buy to get more information about the diet and does it have recipes in, I love cooking new things for dieting.
Thanks

PS. What have your weekly weight losses been like, I heard that just a pound is normal for the diet but really I would like to lose at least 2lb a week.
ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #20  

Another lb down girls

How are you all getting on with the diet ???
Old 04-22-2011, 05:56 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 14st/ticker/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ruth and welcome! i bought the south beach diet supercharged! from amazon for about £4 it really explains the diet and also has a fitness plan you can follow (although u dont have to) it also has lists of foods you can and cant eat for each phase and has full meal plans for 2 weeks of the first 2 phases, by the end of phase 2 you will be able to make up ur own dinners that follow the plan! also i lost 7lbs in the first week after that 2lbs a week although ive had a week where i lost 4lbs! hope that helps hun and good luck, keep us updated

honeywobbear - well done on ur lb loss thats great! i had a very naughty weekend last weekend, curry, kebab, chocolate, bread, scones, you name it i ate it lol! i didnt gain any weight though and ive since lost another 2lbs so its obviously jolted my weight loss again! keep going hun u will have that 14lbs off in no time!
mummyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mummy, I just moved your signature into your profile so it will appear automatically in your posts. No need to past it in.

Ruth, the newest South Beach Book is the Supercharged one. It has new food lists which are also available here in the main South Beach Forum. It also includes exercise and a few other changes from the original book.

Just a reminder to my UK cousins that there is lots of SBD info in the stickies in the main South Beach Forum so take a look over there too. Although I'm Canadian, I do find some of the recipes need "translations". Two great continents separated by a single language.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 14st/ticker/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'3"

aaaww thanks ruth, it was quite annoying having to copy and paste all the time!! im useless with these things so thanks for the help!
mummyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #24  

Another lb down ladies

How are you all getting on with this lovely weather???