UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:27 AM   #1  
Baker's Daughter

S/C/G: 179/142/136

Height: 5' 4"

Unhappy Weight Loss Has Stopped!

My weight loss seems to have stopped. Am still sticking to the diet (calorie counting) and doing my excercise. The weight has been falling off until now.

Does anyone have any kind words of wisdom for me, please??

xxxx
MoonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #2  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

mine has done exactly the same thing and im only 2 1/2 weeks into my diet... i am staying on track though.... it HAS to come off right???? at least i feel better going to the gym and watching what i eat.... how many calories a day do you consume? i think mine aren't high enough im not sure... my weight melted off when i used this plan before it sure as heck didn't stall a littly shy of 3 weeks into it....
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:18 AM   #3  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

i do the same....i will drop like crazy..then nothing...for a few days, but i stay on track, and then it just kicks back in again..i once talked to a dietician about this, and basicaaly what she told me was that when lossing weight you will pletaue..its your bodys way of making sure you have enough calories,and once it knows your not going to starve it, it allowes for wl again. jjust stay on track, eat the right amount of calories, and right foods, and excersize and you will be fine...
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #4  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

having dieted on and off for a long time i think the key is not to give up
sometimes its just scales being mean, sometimes i wont loose for 3 weeks, and then it will only be 2lbs but its adds up eventually.
also i have recently learned what i eat is making a huge different, i used to eat 1300-1500 cals of whatever i wanted but i just worked out i mainly ate carbs and thats bad so i wasnt loosing as easily. so mayb looking at your choice of foods could help. fitday.com helps
other then that, check for hidden calories in fats, oils and drinks, try and stay positive, and just keep going.
also hiding the scales for a week helps. give them to someone you trust and dont look at it for a while and just get stuck in to some exercise....

hope it comes off soon, i think the key is to remeber your changing your life, and although we want to all loose it quick its about being healthier aswell, and if u continue to do that the results will happen. :-D
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I got nuttin'. What I can tell you though is STICK TO PLAN just as you have been doing. It will come off. You may also want to switch up your exercise plan--if you are running, do some dance Dvds for a few days, etc. You may also want to up fiber and water if they aren't already UPPED. Let us know how it's going. You are doing well and you will continue to.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #6  
Baker's Daughter

S/C/G: 179/142/136

Height: 5' 4"

Savora, I eat 1000 calories each day. I'm 5"4' and my BMR is about 1500 calories. So far I've lost 29 lbs since 21st of February which made me very happy. I have about another 20 lbs to lose.

Am now drinking much more and cutting back on carbs.

Also upping the exercise.

xx
MoonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #7  
Sunshinez28

S/C/G: 155/148/140

Height: 5'5

The best thing to do is.. either increase your calories or increase your exercise and switch it up. Your body gets into a routine and it needs a change. so what ever your exercise is. .either make it longer or harder.. I run stairs and walk and lift weights and I have had to increase my stairs to start seeing more changes.. I don't go by the scale I go by how my clothes feel. Don't get discourage.. If you have a stadium near you and its open go and run the stairs you will see inches fly off.. My friends is 250# and she is loosing alot of inches by going with me.. its very hard cardio but it works.. builds up your butt and your legs!!
sunshinez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:41 AM   #8  

Height: 5,5

Luckily I haven't had this problem, maybe your not counting the calories correctly? fortunately all my meals are calorie counted for me with the Bodychef flat belly plan. The trick is not to give up and not to be demotivated by this, just work hard at it and it will all come together
pradaornada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

1000 calories is really not much for a 5'4" lady. I've managed to lose fairly consisently on 1400-1500 and the same height as you and I would judge from your picture much older (I'm 45). If you are exercising I'd say 1000 calories is definately not enough.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:50 AM   #10  
Fat bride-Thin bride

S/C/G: 172/149/140

Height: 5ft4

I always find this happens on and off during weightloss, i just suggest sticking with it as it has worked before now and hopefully the weight will continue to drop off! Congrats on your achievement thus far!
PrincessLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Your body probably thinks it's starving. 1000 calories / day is not nearly enough, and dropping almost 30 pounds in only two months, for someone your size, is losing way too fast to be healthy. You definitely need to increase your calories, probably to around 1400-1500 / day since you are exercising (although I'd increase slowly so that you don't see an initial gain on the scale & freak out). You also need to relax & be satisfied with a slower (but healthy & sustainable!) rate of weight loss. Seriously, for someone your size, losing a pound to a pound & a half per week is GREAT.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #12  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

If your exercising, then you should be eating 1500 calories a day, and then using the exercise to create your calorie deficit. 1000 calories a day is not giving your body enough fuel, and over time, you could hurt your metabolism. Try eating 1500 calories for a week or 2 and see if your weight starts going down.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #13  

If you have been the same weight for 6 weeks you can say it has stalled or plateaued. Every so often you body has to adjust to the weight loss and your weight will stay the same for a week or two. Be sure you are eating enough or you will lower your metabolism.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:32 AM   #14  
())crayon))

S/C/G: 240/see tracker/140

Height: 5'6

I have hit a huge weight loss plateau....for nearly a month now I have been (give or take a pound) at the same weight and it's killing me not getting anywhere...all I can say is stick to your plan, although I think 1000 cals is a little low, and keep up the exercise!

Good luck!
iamacrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

I have found that when my body hits a stall that I am still losing inches. I also think 1000 calories is to low!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote