UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 08:07 AM   #61  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I will try to get on msn around that time depending on homework amount given to 6 year old!!
Old 02-26-2002, 01:55 AM   #62  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hooray, another one gone!Must have been the gym yesterday as I haven't done anything else to deserve it!
Geneve
Old 02-26-2002, 05:38 AM   #63  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

I've lost 3lbs this week! YAY! Thats a total of 10lbs so far! Only 4lbs til I've lost a whole stone!
Im am sooooooooo gonna be 10st something by my holiday!

Ive got nearly 18 weeks til my holiday so if I manage to lose at least 2lbs per week thats 36lbs which is just over 2 and a half stone, which would get me down to below 10stone! I doubt I'll manage 2lbs every week though! My weight loss is soooo not consistent, I seem to lose 3 or 4 in one week then lose nothing for a few weeks! But at least I havent had a gain yet, fingers crossed!

I hope my neck gets better soon coz I cant really do much with it the way it is! Ouch! Its a bit better today but I still cant really go to the gym which is gutting!
Hopefully it'll get better by next monday coz Ive got to go to London for 4 days with college! Im gonna miss my weigh in day next week, I'll have to weigh myself on Sunday before we go, then again on Friday when we get back instead!

Do you lot have lots of little goals? I dont mean like losing a certain amount in a month, I mean more like events?
Ive been trying to find goals between now and my end goal of my holiday, my first is my trip to London (monday), then my dads Bday (9th march), then Easter (beginning of easter holidays, day my nan comes to visit, easter day, end of easter holidays), my mums Bday (may 6th), Destinys Child concert (June 19th) and holiday June 28th!

I want to be at least 10st something by my holiday then 9st by xmas.

Im a bit worried about going to London next week coz we have to buy our own food and I know that will mean McDonalds most of the time! Aaaaargh! It should be ok though coz we will be doing a **** of a lot of walking every day! But Im still preparing myelf for what Im worried might be my first gain since the beginning of the year!
Old 02-26-2002, 05:52 AM   #64  

Another 1lb off for me - YIPPEE. The scales to actually seem to flick between 1lb and 2lb off so I'm going for the 1 to be on the safe side. I am now 17.5 - very pleased with myself

Chichi - I don't set myself mini goals like you do because if I failed I would feel terrible and "fall off the wagon" AGAIN and I just can't afford to do that this time. If it works for you though that's brilliant. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself, keep the goals attainable. I should imagine with all the exercise though you should have no problem being 9 stone something by Christmas - good luck

Well done to all this week's losers...
Old 02-26-2002, 06:15 AM   #65  

Well done to all the losers, everyone is doing great

Way to go Chi Chi, 3 lbs is excellent! What are you doing in London? You are very lucky, I love London and am hoping to move there later in the year to live with bf. It will be a culture shock as I have lived in deepest north Devon for 33 years.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:34 AM   #66  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Isn't it strange?? I lived in London from when I was 9 until I was in my mid 30s and I HATED it!!! Yes, I had some good times, but to me I had those good times DESPITE living in London. I am always surprised when people say they want to visit or live there.

I loved living in Oxfordshire best, Yorkshire is OK (I think I am getting used to it). Kent was OK as well.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:11 AM   #67  

I agree, I was born in London and lived there until 18, but I always wanted to live by the sea.....we would be better offif we went back but I could not bear it. When I was alittle kid I dreamed of sandcastles and paddling in the summer, now my kids spend all summer on the beach and they love it.
Each to their own. I do go back to see friends and do a bit of shopping...and DH used to commute (2 hrs each way) until the beginning of this year, but I feel really grubby when I get back home.
Chi Chi there is more to eating in London than McDonalds..head east for a brilliant veggi curry!
Oh, and on that note, we have a new healthy organic curry restaurant opened here....I have booked a table for Saturday!
Old 02-26-2002, 08:25 AM   #68  

As Im studying travel and tourism we are going to see lots of the tourist attractions like London Zoo, the London Eye etc, we are also gonna have a tour of London City Airport (yawn) and we're going to see Blood Brothers.

Geneve: I know theres more to eating in London than McDonalds but we are a bunch teenagers we cant afford much more! & if everyone else goes to McDonalds I'm not gonna go off on my own!

I like London but I dont kow if I could live there. Its too busy, crossing the roads is terrifying! Lol!
Plus I've lived by the sea all my life and it would be soooooo weird not to be able to pop down to the beach in the summer!

But next September Im starting uni so I might not be by the sea anymore
I dont know where Im going to uni yet, I have to start applying in the autumn which seems scary!
If any of you went to uni, where did U go?

Delaney: Dont worry I dont put too much pressure on myself I only set 1 goal at a time, then when I get there I set the next one so I dont get ahead of myself!
My first is to be 12st by easter, which is 6lbs in about a month.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:22 AM   #69  
Consistency + Balance

The first time I went to Uni I went to a London one - it was an ex Polytechnic called South Bank University (yuck!!) the second time (don't ask.... long story) I went to the University of Kent at Canterbury - beautiful campus - beautiful town - GREAT social life!!!!!
Old 02-26-2002, 09:30 AM   #70  

ChiChi,just noticed you are in Sussex,same as me........no need to tell you how lovely it is!
Actually, I still like going to London Zoo....for the elephants, proof bigger can be better! Peer pressure is a terrible thing, when I was at Uni my friends used to force me out drinking until late at light when I really wanted to study and get up in time for those early lectures...........
Old 02-26-2002, 09:41 AM   #71  
Consistency + Balance

You must have gone to the same Uni as me then!!
Old 02-26-2002, 04:57 PM   #72  

Geneve: Where do you live then? I live in Eastbourne which is soooooooooo boring!
Old 02-26-2002, 05:31 PM   #73  
diva of the diet

Never been to Eastbourne or sussex for that matter but would love to live by the sea, preferably Robin Hoods Bay or Whitby but I am in London for some time to come so am trying to make the most of it!!
McDonalds is one of the cheapest options Chi Chi but there are lots of tesco express/tesco metros and you can get yourself something to eat there, that is what I try to do when I am down there. The Wetherspoons pub in Leicester square is ok for pub grub (no music though!). near the London Eye there is a cafe bar called Bar Med which is really nice and you can get 2 meals for the price of one at lunchtime, All bar One is next door, nice but very expensive for food and drink. Hope you have a good time in London, I am sure you will.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:39 PM   #74  
Theres no stopping me now

TQ we could buy a really big house in Robin Hoods Bay and share it I love it there. I personally would go up north. I was born in London but love the remote beaches we have in the highlands. Nairn is lovely too, but you get some great sucluded ones if you look, would prefer to have mediterterean temperatures though.

My scales aren't speaking to me I stayed the same. It's too late to look out all my stats will do it tomorrow. I so wanted to get below 15 stone 7lbs - next week I will

Well done to everyone else

Carol
Old 02-27-2002, 02:58 AM   #75  
diva of the diet

Ok let's open a guest house.....a dieters haven in Robin Hoods Bay. I prefer the temps. in the med too
Closed Thread