UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 08:06 AM   #91  
Phat Chick

Choices Direct
or

be back XP doing funny things

WHSmith
sorry seems as if the WHSmith link only takes you to the site and not to the actual video - you'll need to type in cardio bounce to search - don't know why it wouldn't let me do the direct link

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 03-02-2002 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2002, 10:40 AM   #92  

Thanks BPB - will go and have a look the noo
Old 03-02-2002, 12:59 PM   #93  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

The 2 videos I ordered were different, the one from Amazon is Cardio Bounce featuring Kathryn Borg.....a lady with a yellow and pink ensemble on and the bol one is called cardio bounce plus and has a different picture on the front, they feature different people so I think they must be different........hope so, still it hasn't come yet so if it is the same one as delaney ordered I might not be getting it

Delaney, amazon were very quick with this one!!

I havent done it all the way through yet as I took my friends Jack russells for a 2 hour hike this afternoon, watch this space!!

BPB- I will do it honest,
Old 03-02-2002, 04:11 PM   #94  
Phat Chick

Thought you did what I did. Ordered the same video from Amazon and Bol thinking I could cancel the one that took longest. Sods law - both despatched and arrived on same day
Old 03-03-2002, 04:35 AM   #95  
Phat Chick

Did my Urban Rebounding video yesterday - hubby sat in the same room pretending to play his Dreamcast, but in reality was watching me and laughing.

There was a bit on the video where you have to sit down and bounce to work the abs and he kept on saying "you can go higher than that". How I never wrapped the trampoline and the video round his head I will never know.

Anyway after spending 50 minutes on the trampoline, I went to have a bath. He got on and started jumping and saying how easy it was.

1 minute later he gets off and says "It's quite hard work really........"
Old 03-03-2002, 07:45 AM   #96  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi TQ

I have both of those vids and they are different so keep them both

The cardio +, I think is a little easier that the other one. It is not quite so fast, but still effective. I would lke to know how you get on.

BPB - yes. it looks very easy until you have to do it for an extended period, then its kn*****ing!! LOl

Well done fo doing it all the way through.

Went out last Sunday and bought a video combi to allow me to do mine in the kitchen. Due to all the probs with mom and hospital visiting I haven't done it once yet.

TQ the cardio + is done by the person who instigated the book I send you. ( I think her daughter performs the exercises)

Jan
Old 03-03-2002, 11:04 AM   #97  
diva of the diet

Haven't completed the video yet Jano but will let you know how I get on.Up until today I have got up to 3 x 10 minute sessions per day.......hey I don't want to overdo it. I have a tv/vid combi in our bedroom so that is where I do the rebounding, with the curtains closed of course!!
I have a stinking cold today which is actually putting me off food...this is a first.......but I am just lying around and feeling sorry for myself at the moment. so I wont be bouncing today that is for sure, hope I can pull myself together for swimming tomorrow, not to mention work!!
Very quiet today are you all having a fun time this afternoon??
Old 03-03-2002, 12:31 PM   #98  

The latest installment of the illusive video...

Well, after much faffing around I've cancelled Cardio Bounce Plus from Amazon because even though they haven't contacted me I've checked my order and it's going to be 4-6 weeks if they can get it at all!!!!! that's not what they said at the point of ordering (thanks for telling me Amazon!!) So, I've ordered Cardio Bounce featuring Kathryn Borg (I think TQ's got it) from Amazon and if it's not here VERY soon I shall tell them where to go and try elsewhere. Wish me luck!!
Old 03-03-2002, 12:41 PM   #99  
Phat Chick

Amazon deja vu - exactly what happened with me. The availability on the site remained the same, but the availability on my specific order kept on getting later and later. Should type this, but if there is a way of copying an original tape..........

Old 03-04-2002, 02:57 AM   #100  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Don't complain.... you might not have the videos, but at least you have got the rebounders - which is more than me....

We went back in to Argos yesterday (which is right next to our most often used supermarket & therefore convenient) - and - guess what.... it is still out of stock! So we went and asked and the assistant looked at me as though I had two heads - and then, very politely, suggested that I might want to consider buying the Barbie trampoline in the toys section!!!!!

Back to the drawing board.... I might try contacting Argos head office today if I can find a phone number!
Old 03-04-2002, 08:01 AM   #101  
diva of the diet

Have you tried to order it online or on the phone Sarah, I used there ring and reserve system a few months ago and that worked well.
Old 03-04-2002, 08:24 AM   #102  
Consistency + Balance

Thanks for the suggestion, TQ - after reading your post I just went and tried to reserve it online but it is still out of stock and then I rang them and the girl I spoke to said she hasn't got any idea when they will be getting any stock in. Maybe there is a global conspiracy to prevent me getting a rebounder!

I have asked the online thingy to email me when they get some in and I will post on here when I hear from them.

In the meantime I will have to carry on walking.... !
Old 03-04-2002, 11:54 AM   #103  

Default QXL

www.qxl.co.uk currently have rebounders at £10 each. I have just received mine and it is ace!!

Tracy
Old 03-05-2002, 04:53 AM   #104  
Consistency + Balance

Thanks for the link Tracy, I have just been there and its a very interesting site - but I can't find the rebounders... just about everything else though!

Do you remember which category it came under??
Old 03-05-2002, 05:36 AM   #105  
Consistency + Balance

I've been back to have another look at QXL - and this is possibly the worse possible website I could ever have been told about...

So far I have bid on six items (none of them rebounders) and I'm just popping back for another look....

My husband is going to HATE this!!! LOL
Closed Thread