UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 09:34 AM   #1  
Theres no stopping me now

Talking What you gonna do in 2002 ??

Hi, just curious if anyone else has set themselves the new year resolution of losing weight & getting fitter and is determined to see it beyond the end of Feburary.

I've been seriously overweight since the birth of my second son, 4 years ago. Before that I was always on the big side but managed to keep it under control. I did manage to lose nearly 2 stone at the beginning of last year, but then a family illness knocked my off my step. I am now facing up to the fact that I need to do something about this weight before it does something to me. My oldest son has asked me to join in with that 'Fat Club' TV programme which the BBC - I think - starts running tonight. As my 6 year recognises I have a problem I figure it's time I grew up and realised it too.

I am following WW points, before Christmas I was going to a class but don't think I learnt anything I didn't know before. So I'm considering keeping doing all the WW stuff on my own and saving the £4.50 every week. Last time I weighed I was back up to 16 stone 1 pound - so easy not having to convert it all to lbs for our American friends. But that was before all the eating & drinking of last night & I still have that big steak pie dinner to eat today and more boozing tonight with friends.

So tomorrow I start anew, I'll be counting points & fitting in some exercise 3 times a week to start off with - I walk in my lunch hours at work - only spare time.

How are the rest of you planning on losing some weight.

Carol

p.s. - I can talk for Scotland once I get going on this site. Sorry for rambling on
Old 01-01-2002, 09:49 AM   #2  

Default TO CHANGE 2002

Hi all UK Girlies and a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

In 2002 I intend to lose weight and Move house I am going to travel to see the world I intend to go into warmer climes for the winter. I want to go to Canada, Australia, Newzealand.and if I have any money left over I will spend it on myself as that is all thats left. I do not know where any of my family are and cant find them . I shall paint a real masterpiece and I shall write the story of my life in case any of the family bother to look for me.
Now I have sorted my life out as 65 years old (its taken long enough) I reckon I should do some of it in five years if I start now. So I am going to North Africa at the end of January thats my start..

Vivienne
Tizme2000
Old 01-01-2002, 11:28 AM   #3  
Pink Thingy

Talking

Hi all

It's going to be so nice to type stones and pounds and not confuse everyone

I had a terrible 2001 and I refuse to let 2002 go the same way, so here are my plans

*to lose weight (approx 70lbs ) and keep it off
*to exercise at least 5 times a week
*to stick with the program no matter what this time around
*to save the £4.50 in a jar - I know what to do, so for the moment I am going to try and do it myself
*keep up with 3FC, this board has been a life saver and I have found some great cyber friends
*get a fab new job (one that I deserve)
*to be healty and happy
*not to sweat over the small stuff
*to post my start/current/goal weight in my signature (gonna have to think about this one though )

Hope everyone has a peaceful and blessed New Year
Old 01-01-2002, 12:54 PM   #4  

Wow BFB thats some list.

Vivienne - can I come to ???

Still finding it hard to realise that we all live in the same time zone. Just popped back in in case any one had been around. We should have set up a UK group ages ago.

Am off to get that New Year Dinner dished up - we are running a little late due to a really late night last night.

Carol
Old 01-01-2002, 01:36 PM   #5  

Hi everyone! Hope that you all had a great new year, I still have a massive hangover, and I have also gone mad with food over xmas.
I have lost about 4st over the last 18 months, and my goal for 2002 is to get back on track before I pile it all back on. I would like to lose at least 2st this year, and also get back into my exercise routine, which has been non-existent over the past few weeks.
Hope that everyone's wishes come true :-)
Topmonkey
Old 01-01-2002, 03:48 PM   #6  
girly swot

Hopefully 2002 will be the year I get to goal; I'm almost halfway there now, so I CAN do it

Started back on plan today - didn't intend to but had nasty fall on ice this morning (completely sober too ) so felt sick for most of the day - **** of a lump @ the back of my head too and still hurts when I chew (think I jarred my jaw). Sheesh, what a way to begin the new year eh?

Tiz, your up and coming trip sounds great; have a wonderful time and don't forget to take lots of piccies to post here so you can show us.

BFG, may this year be everything you want it to be; go for it and enjoy the journey too.

Everyone else, have a great 2002; don't forget to check out the yahoo club we have going (link is in one of the UK threads); it's great to have one of our own here in the UK; as much as I love my US cyberpals it's wonderful to talk our language and not have to convert my weight all the time.

OK, gotta go; dh starts back @ work tomorrow and trying to get the children back to a normal routine before I start back on Thurs

Keep smiling (not like I was this morning on the ice )

Janey

Old 01-01-2002, 05:51 PM   #7  

Default to do in 2002

Hi All,

To those that know me it has been a **** of a two years and I really have hit rock bottom as they well know.

to those that have just met me all I can say is WOW if we do half the things mentioned it will be wonderful. It is so good to have a UK branch as it were and I am sure when our fame spreads we will gain many more friends.

I am going to Tunisia at end of Jan to see my Grand daughter married, then they are going to live in Italy because of his work. I am so thrilled she got in touch as she is the only one I have now since my daughter took the children to join a religeous commune somewhere in States. My sons ?Dont where they are so I am going to spend all the money and be the poorest dead in the graveyard.
Will start on my diet to morrow morning after trying to weigh myself. I feel good about the world I am not alone I have a grand daughter.
Have bought a digital camera so should get some good pictures Zany will do my best anyway. I will post everyday too instead of being on the quietside and just reading. Have got to get out of this depression.
all good wishes to all,
Vivienne
tizme2000
Old 01-01-2002, 06:38 PM   #8  
Pink Thingy

Talking

Tizme2000 I read your post about being the poorest dead in the graveyard as my mum always says, you can't take it with you. Live your life and enjoy it. No sense in depriving yourself of anything.

Take care and I hope you get the 2002 you deserve.
Old 01-02-2002, 03:26 AM   #9  
7 of 9 wannabe

Hiya

I lost 30lbs between May and the beginning of September last year and then got sort of complaisant and went on to a 'healthy eating' programme which was disasterous. So....

I now weigh 14stones 10lbs and I want to weigh 10stones 7lbs - a total loss of 59lbs. I want to lose 30lbs my the end of March and then another 15lbs by 11th June. I aim to lose the final stone by next New Year's Eve.

I need to lose this extra weight for my health, but looking better is also a good incentive.

As for the rest of my life - I would just like it to be tranquil for a year. Last year was much too eventful: I moved house twice in six months, my husband was twice threatened with being made redundant, my daughter (age 23) had some personal traumas - which of course I got involved in - and, most serious of all, I spent the first half of the 2001 as an invalid - with 3 months being stuck in bed and another 3 months being totally housebound after having had a operation that left me with some severe health problems. Things have got MUCH better recently - we finally moved to our own nice house in early December, my husband is changing jobs and starts his new (very secure) one next Monday, my daughter is more or less settled and starts studying for her degree next September and my health is much better.

I definitely want this new year to be peaceful!

Last edited by Sarah-Ann; 01-02-2002 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-02-2002, 03:44 AM   #10  
7 of 9 wannabe

I started a Weigh In thread - would anyone care to join me on this?? It would be awful lonely doing it on my own.....
Old 01-02-2002, 06:46 AM   #11  

I'm with you Sarah, I won't be going to a slimming class either and need something to keep me on track. Having to admit to everybody here if I've been cheating should be some incentive.

Started back on track this morning. Need to come up with a gentle exercise plan to supplement the healthy eating and help shift these pounds.

Carol
Old 01-02-2002, 07:55 AM   #12  

Happy New Year UK girlies! I never knew there were so many of us on this website. We must have all been spread about posting on different threads. This is a great idea though and it is nice to post in stones!

I am 33 years old and live in North Devon. My resolutions for 2002 are:

* to lose 4 stones (I have already lost 4 but have been stuck for nearly a year without losing any)
* to be healthy
* to be happy

Count me in on the Weigh In thread!

Phoebe
Old 01-04-2002, 07:11 PM   #13  
Are We Nearly There Yet?!

Hi Everyone! I'm a UK Fat Chick until Thursday, when I move to Hungary but since I see no other Hungarian Fat Chicks, I thought I'd stick to my proper nationality
What a great idea for a thread! I never knew there were so many of us!
I'm 23, spent 5 yrs in Manchester at Uni and loved it! Spent 1 year in London working... loved London - hated job! Am temporarily with my parents in Brighton... and on Thursday I move to Budapest to teach English, and get my 'happy-me' back again... SOOOOOO...
In 2002 -
Despite moving to the land of cream cakes and goulash, and non-existant gyms... I WILL...
Lose the last 1 stone (aaaah... stones! Phew!)
Since the only affordable available form of exercise is the swimming pool... I WILL...
Learn to swim properly (thus aiding the weight-loss mission!)
See you all later! GOOD LUCK
Closed Thread