UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 11:18 AM   #1  

Smile Hi!

Hello everybody, Just thought i would introduce myself - i have been reading your posts for a couple of days now and thought that i would contribute.

I am currently 181/2 stone and started my weight loss journey last april. I lost 1 1/2 stone up until november (following the slimming world plan) when i had to have an op and came off track - by the time i felt well enough to continue it was nearly christmas and i didn't see the point what with all the parties coming up and the yummy food i knew would be everywhere so i am now back to square one and site here feeling absolutely stuffed and determined to get back on track tomorrow and to stick to it with the aim of loosing at least 3 stone this year which would take me half way to my target and encourage me to finish the journey next year.

I have been a regular contributor at the yahoo uk weight buddies site and find an awful lot of inspiration from the girls there but as i need all the support i can get to keep me on track i thought that i would join up here also!

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you that i have not already met at the yahoo site
Old 01-01-2002, 10:16 AM   #2  

Hi Tracy,

I see from your addy you are only one county away from me, nice to meet you neighbour. We both will be starting more to control our weight as since Frank has had to give up work he has piled on 2 stone. We are going to try swimming excersize at a local pool and also keep up with the Ti Chi which I started last summer. We both have a lot to lose so you are in good comppany my problem is I am disabled and have days when I cant move at all so its hard but I am going to try and do better this year. I want to fit in a airplane seat!!!!!!!
Vivienne
Tizme2000
Old 01-01-2002, 01:29 PM   #3  

Wink

Hi Tracy, great to see you here :-)
Old 01-02-2002, 04:40 PM   #4  

Hi Tracy - you've come to the right place, everybody here is great.

I weigh 18.4 it is a bit daunting but I started AGAIN today and am feeling really motivated, I want to be about 12 stone - come on we can do this you know.

Vivienne - I too want to be able to sit in an aeroplane seat comfortably and be able to put the table down in front of me!!
Old 01-03-2002, 05:23 AM   #5  
7 of 9 wannabe

Hi Tracy

Welcome to 3FC and especially to this new forum UKFC. Its nice to have a new face and we all need all the help and support we can get. I think all of use (except possibly Ali) are in the same situation after Christmas - I am just so glad it is all over for a year.

Would you like to join in with the weekly weigh in thread we have just started? If you would, then just go back to the main UKFC menu and you will see it listed there.

Old 01-04-2002, 11:59 AM   #6  

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.

Vivienne - I also have a mobility problem due to a bad back (which of course would probably not be so bad once i have lost some of this weight - vicious circle!) so tend to do more gentle exercise such as swimming and walking the dog.

Peachey - I will be joining in the weekly weigh in once i have plucked up the courage to weigh again post christmas! I intend to restart classes next week so will have no excuse after that!

Tracy
Closed Thread