UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #91  

hay everyone!
Hey knight 1 babe, yea i went to see harry potter this morninrg too. Wasnt it really ..... well, i dont wanna say rubbish, bu there is something seriously lacking in the HP films. Maybe they just dont live upto the book, or they mess up the storyline or whatever! But i just find them dull, i mean one of my friends actually fell asleep! Guess u still gotta go c them cos it is the book we grew up with i suppose! lol

And welcome back to michelherts!

Congrats on the size 10 sarah grace! lol ..... i love it wen tht happens.
Tho i have to make a confession, ive acted like a bit of an idiot today! Ate 6(!!) maryland cookies, and half of the samm popcorn!!! today whilst watching harry potter today!!!!!!!
I wish i cud blame my friend for bringign it! but i should hvae just restratined my self! wahhhhhhhhhhh!

walked backed from town, 1/2 hour, so made some attempts to work it off... but gotta do more to get rid of the rest, esp the popcorn asd it is leathal (1000cals - checked on the net!). Got my wekkely weigh in tomorow morning!

What sort of thing do u all do to compensate, wen u slip up like this?

Did everyone have a good weekend.
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 07-15-2007, 05:04 PM   #92  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

I agree about the films. I expect so much more from them having read the books. They are a let down. This one seems to have been the worse so far for me. But had to watch it as hubby won't go alone.

To compensate for bad days, I make up for it over the week by cutting down and/or doing extra exercise. I allowed for going to the cinema and my maltesers. But didn't eat them

Welcome back Michel.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:31 AM   #93  

I have only read about 2 of the books and haven't seen the new film yet anyway. I will though -no munchies!
Old 07-16-2007, 04:39 PM   #94  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hello everyone, I haven't posted for a while. I haven't seen the Harry Potter film but have ordered a copy of the new book. I don't know when I'll get my hands on it though - I'm away with Frus climbing this weekend and I don't know whether it will fit through the letterbox or whether I'll have to pick it up. Because I normally end up driving across the pennines and back on a Friday night, the last two times I've been arriving home at about midnight so usually pop into a bookshop on my way home to pick it up.

I had a really nice weekend this weekend. I went down to London to see Frus and we did all the things you'd expect of us - we ran a 10k race, we went to the new Whole Foods Market place and ground our own peanut butter and... we ate cake

I did 11 miles after work this evening and was lucky that the torrential rain started in literally the last two minutes of the run so it cooled me off nicely without having to stay out in it for too long.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:48 PM   #95  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello girls, Helen, sounds like a typical weekend with you and Frus.... Glad you enjoyed it.

I've just done my last class of the six week programme at work, I am pleased to say, I've lost 12 pounds, 18. 5 inches and over 10% of my body fat

I'm very proud of myself, know this plan works and will stay on it....

Michelle, welcome back, we missed ya Glad you're back on the straight and narrow again.

See you all later.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 AM   #96  

Sounds like you and Frus had a good time!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:58 AM   #97  
Wanna be below 200!

S/C/G: 289/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft7

Sounds like you've all been having a great time. I had a really icky weekend spending hours with my husband in a&e after a bike accident (he's ok now), and then doing a days worth of DIY, which I enjoyed but it made me ache.

Kinda concerned about the situation in Russia at the moment as two of my Russian friends are coming to visit on Sunday for 2 weeks, and they have to collect their visas tomorrow, I'm just hoping the visas go through ok.

So, how's everyone doing?
Old 07-17-2007, 04:10 AM   #98  
spending time aimlessly

S/C/G: 144/141/132

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNJ View Post

I am pleased to say, I've lost 12 pounds, 18. 5 inches and over 10% of my body fat
Well that certainly deserves a really big

WHY is it STILL raining? I want my money back, this is NOT the summer I ordered!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:32 AM   #99  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well done Chris

Yes indeedy, our weekend was fabby! Although there could have been more sleeping and less WALKING FOR THE BUS DH!!!! I crashed out last night and was almost-asleep when DH came back and woke up grumpy! I rallied round after some cake and paracetamol though and summoned up the energy to cut his mop-top!

I'm not feeling too bad at all this morning and I am hoping to go to the gym at lunch. I haven't been regularly for about 3 months, but last week I made a promise to myself to go just once - and I felt so good! So this week I'm going twice. And hopefully that will kick me back into gear.

I've got kickboxing tonight and then on Thursday I have to teach the big boys class Which I'm only mildly concerned about. Although I must find my interval-timing watch because I am going to give them brutal circuits

I've just got some prints that I ordered through etsy. Wooooooooooo! They are BEAUTIFUL. I luff them lots and lots and lots and LOTS!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:14 AM   #100  

Well doen BritNJ! That's fab!

Crazy Helen - hope the Russkies make it! Glad your hubbie is ok!
Old 07-17-2007, 07:09 AM   #101  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'd forgotten about the walk for that bus

Well done Chris

I didn't cycle into work this morning. My legs were suffering a bit from last night's run, and I have a 7 mile club handicap race tomorrow so I thought I'd give them a bit of a rest. I soon realised how frustrating having to get the bus is though - I far prefer cycling now! Still, at least if (when?) it starts to rain again I don't need to cycle home in it.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Its nice to be back.

I am so tired today, the weekend went so quickly. I worked Saturday morning went out Saturday night for a friend's birthday drank vodka and cranberry my usual going out tipple. We all went back to my friend's after the pub where I ate a great big hunk of choccy. Went cycling last night for an hour. Supposed to be going to the gym but I've just eaten a great big Garners pickled onion and I just know it will give me wind so I probably won't go. Aren't I great for sharing that!!

Chris you star on losing that 12lbs well done you.

One of my friend's fell down the stairs in the early hours of Sunday morning she has broken her arm and bruised her ribs very badly. Thank god she is going to be ok but she was very shaken.

Crazy Helen glad your hubby is on the mend.

Hello Frus and Helen.

Right I must go and rest on my sofa for a while!!

Michele
Old 07-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #103  

Hey Everyone

I've also been quiet lately, nothing much new, teaching summer school to a bunch of teenagers, driving me nuts

I've been doing pretty well weight loss wise, going to give it a few more days before I change my ticker which hasn't moved in months. I've figured out one of my "issues" with doing well food wise. During the school year I live a block from my work so I come home for lunch. Usually this leads to me eating more than if I brought my lunch to work. In the summer I'm not close to my house so I bring lunch every day, I'm definitely eating less. So.....I just have to try and maintain that in the fall, it's tough because it's so tempting to come home.

Just ran about 4 miles, I have a 5 mile race on Thursday and boot camp tomorrow.

Chris I hope you're enjoying nice weather on the cape, it's been beautiful here, sorry to rub it in to everyone who seems to be inundated with rain over there!!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #104  

Hello all -
off to pizza express later on.

Are you overcome with courgettes? If you are an allottmenter or have a veg garden and have more than your fair share then I have posted a recipe in the recipe postings. For those over the big pond I am referring to Zucchini!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #105  

Hi all

I'm a newbie to 3FC but thought I'd say Hello

L x
Closed Thread