UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #16  

Aww thanks that is kind. (I'll try not to be a pest!) I will keep an eye on ebay too because they may go down a bit once the January rush is over.

One problem i'm having is knowing whether i want to have a red or green day. I have been eating free foods on both so far today. It is nearly teatime and I still haven't decided! I am swaying towards red and roasting some chicken.
cherrycupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #17  

I had a green day (as I do almost every day), and made a lovely rice pudding. I used Tesco's artificial sweetener since it's one of the best I've found and used milk from my allowance....it was gorgeous and even though it had no syns I felt deliciously sinful!
bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #18  

I never thought of making a rice pudding! It would be free, wouldn't it. Did you use HE milk and splenda or similiar? There is so much to have on this plan!

I ended up having a red day but I think I'll have green tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #19  

I am so happy - I lost 6 pounds on my week one weigh in. I am shocked! I have eaten so much free food!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #20  

That's brilliant, good for you! I don't think I've ever lost that much on my first week, but I usually have a pretty good second week too so that keeps me going! It's great for the motivation when you have such a good loss, and they do say the more frree food you eat the better - probably because it makes you less likely to snack on the not-so-free food

For the rice pudding I used the milk from my Healthy Extra, topped up with a little bit of water, and Tesco's own sweetener (in a jar) and it was gorgeous! This is about the fourth time I've done Slimming World, the first time was for over a year and a half, and this is the first time I've ever thought of rice pudding too! Can't believe I never thought of it before!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:57 AM   #21  

Default Slimming World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycupcake View Post
Hello!

I have been yo-yoing for a few months while counting cals and have decided to give SW another go. I went last year for a couple of weeks so I have the books and I kind of know what to do. I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with.......

How do you decide have many daily syns to have?

Do you think it is better to have so many red/green days a week or dan you really just please yourself? Would it be ok to have Mon to Friday red and then Sat/sun green one week and the next week do red/green a day each etc

Hope these questions make sense.

I was told at class that they recommend you do one green day and one red day as that gives the best weight loss! I never found that though - I think I have a problem eating too many carbs so the green plan doesn't really work for me - I find I lose the most on red! Slimming world rules say that you can do whichever you like - or you can even mix them up now can't you? They have a couple of different options - one where you decide at each meal and just eat free foods in between and another where you can eat red and green foods together as long as you eat a certain proportion of the boring free foods with it! I always find it's easier for long term weight loss if you have more sins rather than less - just helps to keep you going long term - if I try to cut back too much, I lose control and end up eating more!!!!!!!!!
slimmernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:33 PM   #22  

bits - that makes sense. I have been eating plenty of the free stuff. Some days i even forget about syns but i always try to have between 5 and 15 everyday. I am going to try the rice pudding soon.

slimmernow - thanks for the advice. I am doing more red days at the moment but I am going to have 2 green days in the week for a bit of variety.

I'm just been eyeing up my hubby's kebab meat - is that full of sins?

Does anyone know how many sins are in the Go Ahead crispy slices (3 slices per pack) and the strawberry yogurt breaks (2 slices per pack)?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #23  

Cherry cupcake - a word of advice - never mind eyeing up your hubbies kebab meat. Eye up your hubbie instead! You may get a calorific workout!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:31 AM   #24  

peacocK - lol - you are funny! Maybe I should have done that years ago and then I wouldn't have put so much weight on.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:33 PM   #25  

lol, such perfect advice! For your Go Ahead slices you need to count 3 syns per slice, and the strawberry yoghurt breaks are 3 1/2 each
Old 02-02-2007, 05:29 AM   #26  

bits - thanks, I can eat them now i know how much to count. Have you tried them? They are really lovely. i think I'll go put the kettle on and have a slice!
Old 02-03-2007, 05:07 AM   #27  

I need help! I am going walking tomorrow and can't decide whether to pick a red or green day. I know it would be ideal to take food with me but I can't this time. I have no idea where we will be eating either! Also I am going to London next weekend for a couple of days and i will have the same problem then too. Does anyone have any tips? What have you done on days like these? I haven't eaten out at all yet on the plan.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:59 AM   #28  

I'm a complete wimp when it comes to eating out...I go with all the right intentions, but as soon as I see something nice on the menu I forget the diet, lol. There are usually good options on there though, things like jacket potato with beans, or chicken and bacon salads, or sandwiches in wholemeal bread. If you go in the right frame of mind, and just decide on red or green when you're in front of the menu then you'll probably find it easier
Old 02-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #29  

that is good advice - that is what i am going to do. I will have yogurt and fruit in the morning and then decide when i know where we will be eating lunch. I suppose it is all a matter of taking days out as they come and having the best thing available. I am so determined to stay strong stick to it this time, I am stick of starting again on Monday mornings! This year I am going to shift some weight!!
Old 02-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #30  

You and me both! We can do it