UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #46  

SWC - i love weetabix on SW - they fill you up especially with a chopped banana. Sometimes I have a muller light poured over some chopped fruit, also nice. Porridge is great too, I make mine in the microwave, it only takes 5 minutes and also good with chopped banana. You can have lots of different cereals, just bulk them up with fruit.

What are you doing with the brown pasta? I haven't used that before. I have had brown rice though, which was really tasty cooked with a bit of bovril and some onions and carrots.
cherrycupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 284/284/160

I used brown rice to make the Spanish Rice recipe on the SW website,

chopped leeks, peppers, mushrooms cooked in fry light add tin of chopped toms and black pepper (I avoid adding any salt to my food) and paprika, stir in loads of brown rice, very yum!
EllieUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:06 PM   #48  

ooh, that does sound nice Ellie! I'll have to give that a go at the weeked
bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #49  
mummy of one

just wrote down the ingredients for Spanish Rice will give it a go at the weekend it sounds lovely
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #50  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Ellie-I really don't like the brown rice( i ate it for a little bit then the smell just made me sick) at all. Maybe i'll try it with the bovril to just give it another go.

Cherrycupcake-I cook the brown pasta and some vegetable sauce using tomotoes and herbs a bit like bolegnese without mince, maybe i use chicken or lamb. i love the stuff!! The brown pasta is just like white pasta but i honestly do think it is a bit more filling.

You'll all be glad to know that i'm back on the Slimming World now, my ordeal with the brown rice has brought me back. Day 2. But i find it really hard to loose when eating a lot of fruit although it's free.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Do you think we should start a Slimming World support thread?
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:04 PM   #51  

I have been off plan for a few days so feeling a little guilty. I am back on today though and hoping not to have caused too much damage.

Did anyone have pancakes? I resisted but i was thinking if you used spray oil they can't be too many sins for a small one, can they?

I had a green day today which was nice. I made a veggie and potato stew for tea, lovely and filling. I will have to try some brown rice soon. I am still addicted to Bits' rice pudding! Another thing i like is Batchelors Curry Rice or Mexican rice served with a blob of plain yogurt and a tablespoon of mango chutney (2 syns) yum.

SWC - good idea about the support thread. We could use this one or start a new one, what do you all think?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #52  

Hiya

Well I started SW yesterday and fine at the moment (but I should be shouldn't I )

I went on to their website today and put my diary on there. It's quite good to find out how many syns there are in stuff. I am trying not to use too many this week while I feel strong and determined. Got to shift this weight, I was 5 stone lighter 2 years ago

P.S. Good idea about the support thread
Antari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #53  

Antari - welcome and good luck!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #54  
mummy of one

the support thread is a great idea
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #55  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Check for the new support thread not too sure how to post the link.

Link to new thread.

Link edited in by veggie.

Last edited by veggie; 02-21-2007 at 02:07 PM.
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 165/135/120

Height: 5'3

hi havnt joined slimming world yet but want to start the diet straight away. ive got the basic rules but im still not clear on what you can eat with your pasta, potatoes etc on a green day.
can anyone tell me if baked beans and lowfat yougourts are free on a green day?
any help with the rules be a great help!!
jennaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #57  

Best to go for tomotoey sauces with pasta rather than creamy ones. Baked beans are I think free. As for 'low fat' yogurts - it depends how low fat! Mueller light are always championed on SW so try those. Check out on the website.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:07 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 165/135/120

Height: 5'3

thanks for the help, i have joined now so ive got the books to follow. think ive been doin ok its my first weigh in tonight, so we'll see!!
jennaj is offline   Reply With Quote