UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:58 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default Coming soon.... The New Year to Easter Challenge

I'm sure there are other people out there like me.... eaten and drunk MUCH too much over Christmas - with the waistband on my jeans feeling very snug. Theres even more goodies left to be finished off and I know I won't get down to any serious lard busting until all my favourites have gone - so I'm planning on re-starting my diet again properly just after the New Years celebrations.

Anyone want to join in?????? I was thinking about starting again on 3rd or 4th January. It gives me/us a few more days to get the goodies out of the house (or in to our tummies) and fill the fridge and cupboards with good wholesome HEALTHY food.

The last Challenge was a drop a dress size one - but the obvious length for this one is to finish just before Easter which makes it 13 weeks long - so... do you think we should make it another drop a dress size Challenge or would everyone like to set their own personal goals (doesn't have to be weight - could be exercise related)??? Please post on this thread whichever you prefer - I'm happy with whatever the majority decides.

I hope everyone had a FABULOUS Christmas - and are all planning to have a good time over New Year.

Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:25 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I hope you had a fab christmas too. My jeans are awfully tight too. I am going to make my exercise a little more varied this year. Im going to swim 2 nights a week for a couple of hours each night, I am going to kick box one night a week, cross train for an hour 2 nights a week and possible do weights one of the other nights. That leaves me a night off a week!

I need to loose at least 14lbs, I doubt I will be able to loose this by easter, but hopefully I will be at 140lbs or under by May or June!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

I was nine stone 6lbs last Saturday I daren't go on my scales, but I can feel the weight I have put on.

I am at the hospital till 8pm visiting my father then come home and eat like a pig. My house is also filled with crap and I am working my way through it all
going from cheese and biscuits to choccy. I am like a woman possessed.
Tomorrow I go back to work so hopefully I can get a grip.

A challenge would be good though I'd really like to be nine stone by Easter.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:31 PM   #4  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Hello, I've not been here in a few weeks *cough*holidayfood*cough* but I think I will join in on this challenge when you start it.

I think I would like to set my own personal goal but if we have an overall goal for everyone, say drop 13 lbs or a dress size like you suggested, I will go along with that too.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #5  

I'll be in again.....I will once again make my goal to get from 160-153....not a very lofty goal, but I just can't seem to get comfortable out of the 160's.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #6  

I would really like to join in to, I am still fairly new to the forum and this will be me just starting off.
I would like to set my own goal to lose 1 1/2 stone
Starting weight 273lb goal 254lb by Easter!!
cagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:49 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

You can count me in!

I am back on my health kick on 2nd January... although to be honest I've been pretty good over Christmas anyway!

I am aiming for a good loss for Christmas... maybe 25lbs or so!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:55 AM   #8  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

If we're going for individual goals then I think I'm going to aim at losing another jeans size. When I finished the Christmas Challenge I was a 14 on the bottom half and a Monsoon 14/Next 16 on the top half (although I think I've since gained back a pound or three!)

So my personal Challenge is to get to a pair of size 12 Next jeans. I am guestimating that, to get in to a pair of size 12's, I will need to lose about 10 pounds plus whatever I put on over Chrimbo.

I can't begin to tell you how weird it feels to think that I might get in to a pair of Next size 12 jeans by Easter - it was only 15 months ago that I was squeezing myself in to Evans size 24 jeans which spontaneously unzipped themselves at every opportunity - I was in complete denial that I was really a size 26!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 16st/14st13lbs/10st6lbs.

Height: 5'4"

I would like to lose 1.5 stone by Easter. Currently on WW but an extra kick up the bum is always needed. Good luck everyone on your own goals.
Brijjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #10  

Hey sara ann, I think this is an excellent idea and am definitely joininig.
I think i am going to set my self a goal of 2 pounds a week, so that will be 26 pounds over the 13 weeks. So that would definitely be great!!!
Also i think we should have a weigh in day just like we did with the xmas challenge too. But this time could we do tuesdays, if that suits every body.
What do u think gals?

shmooooo
shmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:08 AM   #11  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

I am putting myself down for ONE stone, equal to FOURTEEN pounds...as I think that's very doable in the time and I need to stop messing about and get serious again...I am SO IN
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:18 PM   #12  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm in. Weightwise the goal is pretty modest - 150, so 2lb plus any Christmas weight. I'm tempted to say 149 so I can see the 140s, even if long term I can't maintain i!

Non weight related, I'd like a half marathon PB before Easter. I'm almost certainly running 2 before then, so it should be possible. And I'll be well into marathon training by then too
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #13  

count me in! would like to be in size 14 by then and in the 12 stone zone
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/229/119

Height: 5ft

Hi everyone - I'd love to join in.
My goal is to lose 2 stone by Easter.
I'm hoping that being part of this challenge will help to keep me on the straight and narrow. I've started so many new years with great intentions - but 2007 is going to be the year - time to get my act together!
Good luck to everyone xx
mary27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello Mary good luck to you also

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote