UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 19 stone 12lb

Height: 5' 4

hi all,
my name is jenny and i am new to here and i am thinking of seeing my dr for reductil as i am so so so unhappy with my weight and whatever i do it aint going.. do i have to lose weight before getting it or will my gp just give it to me... hope you can advise me
jenny
jen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #17  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey Jen

Well i had previously been on Xenical before being on reductil so id already lost weight so im not sure its thats an issue or not , if you explain to your dr that your weight is getting you down and making you depressed and maybe even effecting the way you eat ...eg comfort eating etc if that is the case then im sure they will have to consider your feeling and take into account that your trying to so something about it , im sure that it wont be a problem but be aware that they wanna try you on something like Xenical first as i have seen quite a few people go from xenical to reductil so just bare that in mind when you go .... Also there is a few health reason why they dont give reductil out i think the 2 main ones are if you suffer from high blood pressure or are currently or prozac and certain other medications but all this will be explained to you when you see the dr and they will know if your ok to take it.

Good luck with the dr and let us know how you get on. All the best.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote