Old 09-15-2006, 12:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Default TOPS Chapter location help

I'm starting a TOPS Chapter in a very rural area. The only other TOPS chapter is 45 minutes away and too far with gas prices the way they are. I contacted the State coordinator and she mailed me my packet. I have flyers printed and the newpaper release ready. I have been a TOPS leader in the past but over 15 years ago. My problem: My home is the only location to have the meetings. The local community building wants $200 a month. Nearest church not available for this type of group. Nearest town 15 miles away. I have other ladies wanting this chapter but only a few. Do I continue to plan to form this chapter with my home being the only meeting place or do I just forget it? Help. My old TOPS Chapter in Virginia met in Co-Leaders home.
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #2  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

I don't know if there are any rules about meeting places. I would think the most important thing is to get the chapter going at your house and then maybe something will come up. Have faith. Good luck.

Lyn
lynard21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

I agree, have it in your home (if you're comfortable with it), and as time goes on something might come up. Maybe another member will have access to an empty room at their place of employment after hours or something.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Thank you so much ladies for your input. I would like it in my home due to the many miles we in the valley have to go to the nearest city. I was not told I couldn't have it in my home, just that they don't encourage it. I'm still exploring all my options. I may delay the start of this chapter until after the holidays. If I still feel this strongly, then I will proceed. That's the trouble with living in a very rural area, you have to drive too many miles to the nearest town for even to buy milk. I have the option of joining an online group so that my losses will count. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote