Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 12:52 AM   #1  
On the right path

Angry Thursday 8/16

Good morning ladies,

Hope this thursday finds us well and trying to stay on plan with our eating.

Welcome to our new on line friends. This is a great bunch of ladies...and I have been hanging around since last October. Many have become like family... I don't post as often as I was, but at least try to get on weekly. Life is just too hectic for me most of the time.

I am 1/2# in leeway but still 2 1/2#'s over goal. I HATE being that close to losing KOPS. Of course, I eat more when I am stressed, so that doesn't help!!!!! Lost status once, gained 25#'s back and it took me 2 years to get it off....don't ever want to do that again!!! ( for those that don't know, I lost 60 1/4#'s to goal ). I really would like to lose 10 more, but that will happen only when my mind is set in the right mode. I am just thrilled to be in leeway for now......

I appreciated the comment on keeping a positive attitude. My fellow weight recorder was so down on herself when she had a gain and passed it along to everyone that weighed in....giving off negative vibes. The weight room is not the place to do that, especially from a weight recorder....it drags others down. I plan on sending her a card to help pick up her spirits, and encourage her to never give up on herself. This is a difficult situation to handle. Does anyone have any ideas on how to help out?????

Congrats to those that have had loses so far this week and to those that have gained, brush off your shoulders, stand up straight and keep trying to be healthier. Tonight is weigh in for quite a few. Hope the 'metal monster' is kind to you.

Have a great day....we're all in this together and you are always wished the best on your road to success.....

TOPS Hugs,
Summer
Old 08-16-2001, 04:24 AM   #2  

Hello all!
I had a gain Monday night! 3 lbs.! Yuck! Something really weird is going on in my body because already today, 3 days later, I'm down 7 lbs.! Now if that doesn't get someone frustrated... Oh well! I'm starting over!

I've been having probelms with my back lately. Finally had to go to the doc and get some muscle relaxers. Walking usually helps but it makes it worse when I push the stroller. And that has been the only walking I have been able to do.

I hope everyone else is doing well this week! Welcome the newcomers! You'll love it here!

Til next time!!
Old 08-16-2001, 04:52 AM   #3  
Mother Hen

Good morning all
Tonight is weigh in for me.I am not expecting a loss.But "if"i have a gain it should be a very small one.I thought it interesting what Summer said about weight recorder.I am weigh recorder and I try hard to encourage and not bring anyone down.But I will have to pay closer attention to how I act when I am down.We do effect others with our attitude.And I have to be honest and say that there are times I am jealous of those that lose.I don't mean to be but human nature works that way sometimes.
Same way that some of us stay away from here when we are not doing good.We don't want to depressed our friends or take away from their happiness of losing.And just plan don't know what to say when we are struggling and down on ourselves.And it happens to us all.I try to come here everyday if I can.
I believe in this message board just as strongly as I do my TOPS club.I consider this an internet TOPS club.
Ok I have rambled enough plus I have to get ready for work.
Welcome to all new people and please visit our bio thread and let us know more about you.
Have a great day my TOPS PAL'S
Old 08-16-2001, 09:10 AM   #4  

Default Good Morning

How is everyone doing today? I have been recording everything that goes into my mouth. Working really hard at being good. The one thing that I have noticed, and I hate to admit it, is the increased energy I am getting from exercising, and I have only increased from 15 minutes to 25 minutes, that extra ten minutes is paying off. I think I could fill milk jugs with all the sweat I work off, but that is good for us. I still do not like the exercising, but I can say, I am doing it!!!!

Hope you all who weigh in tonight have a good weigh in. I wish you all luck. My day is on Tuesday, and sometimes that can not be so good, cause if you are bad over the weekend, it will show up here. But, I am making myself a lot more aware of what I am eating on the weekends now. You have to be aware all the time. I do give myself one day off a week. I dont know if anyone else does that, but that one day, I get to have my pizza and not worry about my fat content and anything else that goes that way. Funny thing, is I am finding out that I dont eat as much as I used to eat on my free days, kinda funny I think. Anyone else notice things like this?

Welcome to all the new people and hope we can inspire you to stay strong and positive.

About the attitudes in the weight room topic - I know moods are contagious, that is why I am always telling myself, I only want to be around positive, happy people. These are the people who will give you encouragement and keep you strong.

Gonna go and get going on my day, hope everyone has a great one!!

Angie
Old 08-16-2001, 05:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

Talking HELLO TOPS FRIENDS!!

Hello again everyone!

It's good to see everyone here today. I know I haven't been here in awhile but with a new baby in the house life can get pretty hectic around here to say the very least. But I'm loving every minute of it!

I'm so happy to report that I'll be going back to TOPS tomorrow morning!! I know it's only been three weeks since Jacob was born but I feel ready and my body feels ready. I know my weight will be an alltime high for me but I'm ready to handle it and not get upset. Downward I go!!

Hello Eleni! Thanks again for the card! That was so sweet of you!

Summer~~ WOW!! 60 pounds of fat gone forever!! Woo hoo! You must feel like a different person! Way to go!

Hello Shelly! Could you be suffering from water retention maybe?

Hello Angie!!

Better go!
Closed Thread