Old 03-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default to weigh or not to weigh...

Is it possible to go to a meeting and NOT weigh-in? I typically only eat breakfast on TOPS days and nothing for lunch (maybe a yogurt or something if I'm hungry), but last night I got a fabulous new job offer, so my co-worker bought me lunch today to celebrate (and only like 3 hours before weigh-in!), so now I know I will weigh more than usual. I'd rather not deal with facing a large gain that I know is untrue and then having just as unrealistic of a loss next week when I go back to my normal routine. Can I go to the meeting without weighing? I would skip the meeting completely, but I have to go pay for my renewal since my membership runs out next week!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #2  
Princess Sunshine

You have to weigh in if you want to attend the meeting, but you know what, you're going to gain what I call 'artificial' weight, next week it will be gone, and it will help inspire the others to see that even if you gain this week, you can still lose that and more next week if you stick to your normal routine. You can turn this into a positive and not a negative
jenniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Yeah, I did end up weighing, but it bothers me that I get the, "oh, too bad, maybe next week," crap even though I know I actually stayed the same and just ate more throughout weigh-in day than usual. AND I hate that next wek I will be celebrated for a bigger loss than usual when it won't really be an honest loss. Whatever...I survived
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

I struggled with that too. Showed a 4/10th of a pound gain..um, think that it was my lunch?? good grief. It sort of sucks because we all know that sometimes the scale isn't the best indicator of progress but it is just a tops thing..taking off *pounds* sensibly.. we can track other stuff at home..but it still can be hard.
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote