Old 02-10-2006, 07:08 PM   #1  
Princess Sunshine

Default Running for leader

All of the members have been asking/begging me to run for leader, so I decided I would and now I am just hoping I get in (nobody else seems to want the job) and I already write the programs and such, (I am the youngest member and right now I am still a little quiet but I can get the group to stop their chatter much quiicker than I could before. So wish me luck.

So far this year, I have done more gaining than losing, but I vow to get back on track this week, I have money riding on being the 'biggest loser' at work now

jenniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Go for it Jennie... I am a co leader and it has been busy but I have enjoyed it very much, My leader wants to step down and has suggested I run for that office... well we shall see what happens... Good luck, India
Indiacatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:40 AM   #3  
Mother Hen

Good luck to you both. I have been leader for a long time and it looks like I will be again. I am hoping to step down next year,But will wait and see. The best advice I can give you both is to let your Tops rules,By-laws and chapter guide be your Bible so to speak. Read them and always have them with you to refer to.
Eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #4  

Thank you Eleni.... I am still learning!! lol.. Good to see you posting.. seems like the forum has been really quiet these days.... India
Old 02-13-2006, 06:25 PM   #5  
Princess Sunshine

Thanks for the advice Eleni
jenniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #6  

Our officer elections are coming next week as with other clubs. I once ran for co leader maybe 2 times. I have been the Secretary a couple of times. I have not held an office in 2 years. I don't see well in the dark so at times during the winter months i'm not at my meetings a lot.
My club has hinted about me becoming leader. I really can't right now. But nobody else wants it either. We have almost the harder time getting somebody to do the Treasure . Noone absolutely wants to do that one either.
I am the youngest one of my bunch. We need more younger people in our club.
There is a few things i would change if I were leader. One is to weigh in private. Everyone wants to go in and out while the weight recorder is doing your weight. We can't get focused during the meetings and get it over with.
Everyone wants to talk, tallk, talk. Our programs are over silly things like from magazines and the such. I think they should come from the tops program guide.Why grip about it , if I am not willing to be elected huh. I know that sounds foolish however, i run a business and I just can't take on another job title right now . Especially if I am not there every night . That would not be fair to the other ones.
I really see our club in the future dissolving. 80 percent of our members are senior's and a lot of them with medical problems.
Thanks for listening , I needed to chat
Shelley1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Shelley- I am in your same boat .... I am 31 and most of the ladies are in there 60s and 70s so the meetings sound very much alike I dont really want to be leader in our group either but it looks like I may go ahead and run and try to get the group growing and going again. I just hope I can do all the paperwork and such, anyways I am with you on the time thing too, but one good thing is that if we are commited to having to be there each week, our weightloss and maintainence will be easier, I know that I wont eat alot of the junk I do now if I know I cant just skip anytime I have overdone it Wishing you luck from Missouri, let me know how it turns out
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #8  

Nice to meet you Christian. I am 35 years old and it sounds like we have a whole lo in common. I thought about taking a classs in the summer . I work at home during the day. In additin, my daughter is going to be starting softball this spring . I want to be there for her.
I hought about no even going to the meeting on Monday. But , I am not going to do that. I have worked hard all week. I gained 4 pounds last week.
Our meeting place in kind of isolate. I think we need to be visible.
but, our members do not like change.We have had several locations noone seems to be satisfied with any location.
How long have you been going to Tops and do you have any children?

shelley
Old 03-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #9  
Mother Hen

We had our elections and no surprises. Same people will be remaining. I would love to step down but no one will take the job. This will probably be my last year. I am beginning to be burned out.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #10  
Losing on the Beach

Shelley- Did you get leader?? I have 2 girls, one is 10 and one is 12, I have been in Tops for 7 years and a KOPS once in 2001 for about 5 months and was reinstated in October 2005, it does sound like we have a bunch in common LOL Let me know how it went....

Eleni- (mom) I love ya
Old 03-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #11  

Hi Girls. We had our election last night. I am now the leader... hope we have a good year... we had a terrible weigh in, we lost 8 lb and gained 30... not so good.. take care all and have a good week
Old 03-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #12  

Well, we had a few members out so we are going to hold off on our elections.Nobody wants to be elected for anything .They asked me , I had to decline.
What happens if we don't get a leader voted in?? Will we loose our club??
On a better note . I did loose 7.5 pounds last night. I have worked my butt off and before i weighed , i went to our local hospital and went up 8 flights of stairs. I do not know if it helped ,but certainly couldn't hurt right.

Shelley
Old 03-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #13  
Losing on the Beach

Hey India,
I got leader this year too

WAY TO GO on the 7.5 pounds You go girl!
as far as the leader thing goes, I am sure you have to have one, so I hope someone comes to the rescue Have a great week
Old 03-08-2006, 07:48 AM   #14  

Maybe someone can take the offical title and then just share the duties?? It could work.. I think the appointed leader receives the packet each month in the mail. then take turns running the meetings...Good luck.. Barb
Old 03-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #15  
Mother Hen

Shelly You must have a leader's name on file. Barb had a good idea.