Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2001, 03:24 PM   #1  

Red face Thinking about going to TOPS

I am seriously thinking about going to TOPS. How does everone like the support?
How successful is the support? There is a group thatmeets a block away from my home nd I might like the support.
Old 07-08-2001, 04:14 PM   #2  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi There and welcome,

You can come here anytime and get great support from a lot of caring and giving people that are all going through the same thing as you are.

As far as the meetings go I would encourage you to join. Just 1 block away is great for you. I will say that you get out of the meetings what you put into them. You can get involved and by doing so you help yourself a lot better and you meet new people that you can have in your area be there for you. You also can be there for them. It is a two way street. If you go to the meetings and just sit there and never get involved and try to know the others then I can say that you probably won't get much out of it. When I joined I decided I was doing this for me and at the time I was the youngest member there. But because I decided to make it work for me. I started calling people on the list of members to introduce myself and I started to get to know the other members and what they were doing for plans and it gave me ideas of my own to try.
I am back to doing the WW123 plan myself. That's what is so good about the groups you can do any program that you want as long as you lose the weight. That is all that matters.

I hope you decide to join. It makes you accountable for what you are doing when you have a weekly weigh in.

I am so glad that I joined it has helped me a lot. This board is a godsent also. I get so much support here in the good times and in the bad. It is nice to have such great people backing you up everyday. They are definetly there when you need them most.

Hope to see you here more often.

Sherri
Old 07-08-2001, 06:37 PM   #3  

Thanks lady!!! I agree with you about geting involved. fortunately I am very social and friendly and never hesitate to share with others. This section of the board is very active. I follow Richard Simmon's plan which is similar to the exchange plan. How true it is that it is what you put into it.
Old 07-08-2001, 07:57 PM   #4  
Mother Hen

sadiegirl--it does not cost anything for the first visit.Go to a meeting and see how you like it.It is a great weigh loss support group.I will bring up the thread that tells more about it.Try it--You will like it
Old 07-08-2001, 08:09 PM   #5  
senior chick

Hi Sadiegirl...
I, too, will encourage you to go to TOPS. If you want to see what its about first, TOPS allows you to visit one time. I have been a member for several years and facing the scales every Friday helps me keep my weight down. I haven't made goal but that's okay because its helped me keep off the 40 lbs. that I did lose.
The support is our group is great. And Sherri is right, it helps to get involved. I've been secretary, leader and now help with the programs. I think that I like doing the programs best. There's lots of room to be creative. And like these boards, talking about dieting with others keeps you motivated.

Nita
Old 07-09-2001, 01:29 AM   #6  

Default Unamamous

I agree,
Sadiegirl should join TOPS> Its a great club and everyone is so supportive. Each time Ive been with TOPS it works as long as you dont give up. We need to feel we are worth the effort and thats the feeling I get when I go to club. It makes you special....

Wishing all a good weigh in

Your Pal
CBabe
Old 07-12-2001, 12:14 PM   #7  
Finally out of the 160's!

I attended my first meeting this week. I'm excited to go again. I am 21, and am the youngest, but there is more or less a variety of people and ages, with different weight-loss and health goals. The thought of weighing in and having my progress public knowledge is a great incentive to me to stick with a healthy lifestyle.
Old 07-12-2001, 12:35 PM   #8  

Motivation, that is why I joined this past Mon. for the weigh-in and support. It keeps me on track.
Closed Thread