Old 01-04-2006, 08:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Post here for Wednesday 1-04-06

Hello All,
I tried to get here yesterday but everytime I went to post I was told the server was too busy. Must be a lot of people out there looking for support in their weight loss journey...can't blame them...I know this site has helped me!

I had a great day yesterday food wise, exercise wise; I"m really feeling that Pilates class this morning! I'm working out at lunch time today because tonight I'm going to the movies with the Chickes group. My challenge will be not to give into peer pressure and have something at Damon's afterwards when we are all sitting around and talking. Anyone have any ideas what I could have so I feel like I'm a part of the group and not really add calories for the day?

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? I think it was a rerun but I never get to see her show due to work, so I decided to tape it. It was on a lady who lost 300 lbs. Very insightful and inspiring for me. Last night when I thought that I might have just one more piece of candy I thought about her and what all she has endured to loose that weight and rid her body of that extra skin. I know I'm going to have some loose skin but it's not looking to bad (maybe because with traditional weight loss a person looses it slower and the skin doesn't get so saggy?) and I of couse am looking to loose 100 lbs, not 300, but I told myself that person could have easily been me if I hadn't decided to do something about my weight. I don't think I could endure those surguries for the skin removal. Thinking about that kept me from thinking "one more piece won't hurt". I see where I might be if I kept that sort of thinking up.

Ok, I need your input. I'm giving a talk next Thursday at one of my Chapters Open House. The talk is on the Value of TOPS. I have some ideas of my own, but I would love your input as well. Feel free to put it in this post or PM me. Thanks!

Time to get busy with my real job!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hey there Susie,
Glad to see you are doing well and saying no to that candy
I didnt do a good job of saying no over the holidays BUT since yesterday I havent even been tempted ...I think I ate my fill for awhile
My husband has started Body for Life with me again and I do well with his support. As far as the value of Tops, I know it is priceless to know that you are not alone in this struggle and that there are alot of other women who understand every battle with food we win (or lose) and that it is possible to reach and maintain goal.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year so far....we can do it ladies'
This IS our year
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Default The Value of Tops

Susie... Tops offers a wonderful network of friends that support your efforts.. I can say that belonging has helped me come out of my shell and share my struggle and journey. Last year for the first time I took an office as Coleader and that has helped me blossom as well.. before that, I rarely got involved or said anything during the meetings....I honestly hate letting the ladies down now when I gain... I try much harder ... so thats it for me.. hope it helps.... Barb
Indiacatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

I tried to post last night but the server was down or something..very aggravating. Oh well..

I did catch Oprah the other day. All I can say is..wow. That woman went through so much. I just wanted to cry when I heard her story.. but her progress is awesome. Makes me want to work out and stop my obesity in its tracks though..before it gets worse and worse, etc. I also wonder about the extra skin; however, I was watching reruns of the biggest loser and they all seem to have came out okay as far as that goes..so I am hopeful.
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Thank you all for your input. I will be including your comments in my speech.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote