Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 12:46 AM   #1  
On the right path

Wink

Hello Ladies,

Wanted to check in and let you all know that I am still alive. It's been acouple of weeks since I posted. Survived graduation and all the award dinners. Well, Ok, maybe I survived but I came out with a little extra. I gained 1 1/4# last night and am 2 1/4#'s over goal....but at least I'm in lee-way. It had been 3 weeks since I was able to get to my meetings, and they are so important!

Today I leave for SRD and won't be back until next week. I am really looking forward to the inspiration and participating in the circle of lights. Don't have time to address everyone individually, but did want you all to know that you are in my thoughts.

Have a great day and tonight is meeting night for a lot of you....hope it will be kind to you. If you have a gain, shake it off, hold your heads high and know how wonderful you are in your journey to NEVER give up. That is the most important thing!!

TOPS HUGS,
Summer
Old 05-31-2001, 06:00 AM   #2  
Opening a whole new world

Hi Summer, Have fun.

Good morning everone. Well so much for being on plan.
I went all out yesterday. The most I've done in a day since I joined in March. I'm not worried. I'm back on track already this morning. My sister-in-law came and got us (brandon) to go to Loudins(sp). Ice-cream parlor in Jackson Michigan. soooooooogoooooooood. Then I had plans for a nice dinner, but my hubby wasn't in the mood to cook and I had therapy, and nail appointment, needless to say, I brought home the dinner. mickyD's, and late at night. Then I top that with a some cake.
I don't know what got in me. But it will be alright.
I'm going to do this.

Sherri and penny, good work, staying on plan.
I've been trying to do the pyrmid guide thingy, and the TOPS book, for my guidelines, but I've always had a hard time getting my fruits and milk in. Also I was ignoring the guidelines for the weight, I figure, I didn't need that much, and I could take it off somewhat faster. I have a tendensy to have to see results, and see them quickly. go figure. The next few weeks are going to be very busy for me. I'm trying to make up a new food chart for me. Still weigh and measure. I've been doing that most of the time. (excluding yesterday). But if I don't mark it somewhere, I don't know how much I've had for the bread and protein which I could eat all day. And the chart I have just isn't working for me this week. I've stayed on plan for the most. weighin and measuring and making sure I get my veggies, and milk, and protein. Just an occasional not enough others. I count fat too. (except yesterdaY).

Well enough about me. I'm in a great mood, I'm happy, and I know I can do this (especially with people like you all around). Everyone hang in there have a great day, and CAN WE DO THIS, YES WE CAN.
Tops hugs and Love
Wendy
Old 05-31-2001, 08:00 AM   #3  
Budding Butterfly

Height: 5'7

Well tonight is weigh in night for me. I hope I have lost the 2.75 pounds I gained over the two weeks I was ill. I have stayed on plan and drank 120 oz of water a day this week. I just have not exercised enough, only once. I am looking into getting a treadmill or something to do indoors since it is getting so hot an muggy here. I do some tapes but I tend to trip over the couch, not very coordinated here.

Last Saturday we had an officers workshop and I (not being an officer) attended and am helping out our area captain/leader with a lot of secretarial stuff. I feel the more involved I am the better I stay on track.

Hope everyone has a great day. I will be reporting back after weigh in.

HUGS
Midian
403.25/371/180
Old 05-31-2001, 08:33 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies! Well it is day 2 on plan for me. I did not have any coke yesterday. That caffiene is just so addicting but once I get over the intial withdrawal i am fine. So here goes day 2 and weigh in day. I WILL have a gain tonight guaranteed. But I am just hoping it is not over 4 or 5 pounds That will put me back over my pre pregnancy weight and where I was a month ago. But I will work it off this month. I am now in control and back on track. I bought a new workout tape last night, Cathy Smith and started it but it was so late at night and I was just uncoorindated.

Well I hope everyone has a great day and a great weigh in. Report back here tonight if you can so I can see how everyone else did Penny
Old 05-31-2001, 11:36 AM   #5  
Always find the good!

Hi all.

I'm kinda in that "my new start is next week"....so I haven't been truly faithful....

I am though getting really excited about going back to WW. It is what I need and know works for me.

Just wanted to say hi!

Amy
Old 05-31-2001, 03:03 PM   #6  
Mother Hen

Hello all,Just wanted to drop in and say hello.I have to get my stuff gathered up for my TOPS meeting.Good thing I am the weight recorder or it would be tempting to skip.It is going to be close. I've had a good day so far.But I have been good all week and if I have a loss it is going to be another small one.I thought I would lose better this week but I didn't.Go figure.Will have to sit back and try to figure out how to do better.Will check in later
Old 05-31-2001, 05:51 PM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Default Well!!!

I guess there is no meeting tonight at my chapter, My leader is out of town and the weight recorder too, So I am not going in and I cant get ahold of anyone else in my group to see if they are going, I called them all and got no answer anywhere. I guess its a good thing and I think it was said there wasnt one last week but cant remember for sure, I should pay more attension LOL, I am relieved in a way though guys, cause to be totally honest I am up 2 pounds according to my scale, I Have Got to lose it before the next meeting!!! I am eating right so I am sure it is just from the woman thing but I am gonna have to work especially hard if I am gonna get back to where I was in January, I hope you all had great weigh ins tonight and know I am rooting for you all, And I know we CAN and WILL do better as long as we have each other

Hugs and Prayers,
Christie
184/150?/145
Old 05-31-2001, 05:58 PM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey! I just wanted to say that I am still on plan today!! YAH!~ And my scale is only up 2 1/2 to 3 pounds now so I am starting to feel better about it.

I only have one problem though! We are going to my dad and moms tonight to eat fried fish and fried shrimp. And I am eating them, so looks like I am going off plan tonight!

I hope everyone has a great night! I will check in later Penny
Old 05-31-2001, 10:09 PM   #9  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi Everyone,

Well I am about ready to give up this week. But I won't throw in the towel yet. I want to beat this thing. I gained again this week. Another 1 lb. I am so disgusted. But I did figure out a menu from the exchanges on the bottom of the food charts we get. I added popcorn so that brings me to around 1451 calories a day. I was told I had to get in 1427-1500 a day to lose. This menu will give me more protein, 3 fruits and 2 milks a day. So we will see. I am going to start tomorrow. But I have my daughters birthday party here on saturday so I will be off plan then. We always eat out on fridays so I will try to stick to plan for the day and then just have my regular out dinner. That way I won't be off all day. Penny I decided not to have the fish tomorrow.LOL Thanks to you.

I am going to go because I am not much company tonight. Just wanted to let you all know how terrible I did. But I am not going to give up. Yet that is.

Sherri

Have a great day tomorrow. On plan
Old 06-01-2001, 08:30 AM   #10  
Budding Butterfly

Sherri, I know how you feel when you have a gain. I had an almost 3 pound gain the week before. I just tried to turn my discouragement and anger into a positive thing by drinking more water, getting my exercise in and staying on plan. I know we can all do it. When we go out to eat I try to make the best choices. And thats really what it is all about better choices.

If you would like some 1400 calorie menu plans, I have some also have some websites with menu plans.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Midian
Old 06-01-2001, 11:01 AM   #11  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi Midian,

Thanks. Yes I would like some menu plans for the 1400 calorie diet. That would be great. I did work out a menu of actual foods that would get me all my fruit, milk and everything and keep me at the calories I need to be in. So I am going to try that today. I was going to wait but penny convinced me that it wouldn't help if I didn't get back on plan now and do something about it. So that is what I am doing. Because tomorrow I won't be on plan. So it is better to have only one day off rather than 2. Hopefully this way I can have a loss this week.

My email is [email protected]

Any assistance would be great. I only have the exchanges for the 1200 and 1500 plans.

Sherri
Old 06-01-2001, 12:36 PM   #12  
senior chick

Sherri......I know exactly how you felt yesterday. I had a 1/4 lb. gain today and I was so disgusted, too. I walked 5 times last week, drank a sea of water, kept a food journal and my scale at home showed a loss from last week. But the scale at TOPS showed a gain.
The poor weight recorder sure hears a lot of complaining. I think I'll send her a card this week and tell her how much we appreciate her. She deserves it.

Anyway, its a big help to me to come to these message boards. After I put it down in writing, I can get over it and go right back to my dieting.

Thanks everyone

Nita
Old 06-01-2001, 02:56 PM   #13  
Mother Hen

Since I am a weight recorder Nita's post caught my eye.Be sure not to take your frustrations out on your weight recorder.I have had people to get really angry at me because they had a gain.Truly ladies most weight recorders are thrilled when you have a lost and really feel for the gainers.We had a lady from Canada that always gave us a hug no matter what she weighed.That was nice. So surprise your weight recorder at your next meeting and give her a hug
Old 06-01-2001, 05:35 PM   #14  
senior chick

Eleni...... I didn't take my frustrations out on my weight recorder. I was complaining about staying on my diet and still having a gain. The reason that I said "poor weight recorder" earlier was because I realized that she has to listen to all of us complaining when we have really tried to lose and gained instead. That's why I felt she needs to be told that she's appreciated.

Nita

Last edited by FLgal; 06-01-2001 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2001, 07:16 PM   #15  
Budding Butterfly

Here are some sites that have menus based on the exchange program. May I also suggest Joanna Lund's Healthy Exchanges cookbooks, all the recipes have the Diabetic Exchanges for them. I have quite a few of her cookbooks and my family loves the recipes.

Exchanges for 1400 calories
Food Amount
Starch 5
Protein 5
Vegetable 5
Fruit 3
Fat 3
Dairy 2
Extra 1 = 30 calories

http://www.healthyexchanges.com/
Joanna's books etc.

Here are the meal plan sites:

http://www.cyberdiet.com/modules/dia...lan_intro.html

http://www.cyberdiet.com/meal_modules/1400_5.html

http://www.diabeteswell.com/educatio...ample_1400.asp

http://www.knowyourbmi.com/eatsmart/samplemenu.html

Hope some of these help if they dont I have some daily 1400 menus i can email you.

Midian
Closed Thread