Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 06:07 AM   #1  
Opening a whole new world

Red face

Good morning to all.

Christian- I went to foodfit.com this morning, and it said in order to be at my goal weight, I wasn't eating enough. between 1500-1753 is what I need to eat. Sometimes I have a hard time getting in the 1200. Maybe I need to take a second look at what I'm doing. Exercise isn't a problem right now. eating fruit is. I think yesterday I only had 4 bread, milk ok, fruit 0 , protein and veggies for 1200 ok. Now I find out I gotta eat more. Ok, I'm scared . I don't think filling it up with what would be easy is going to work either.
Ok, so I'm going to check into this some more for myself. I'm loosing, but I don't want to do it too fast, and I don't want to stop my motabl (sp, don't look). I'm ok with this, I can figure this stuff out. One way or another.

I hope everyone is fine. I've been awake since 3:15 the dog had to go out. Had me up at 11:30 and 1:00 too. But he's sleeping now. I figure I get breakfast and saying hi to everyone, and some other things done before Brandon wakes up. I'm going to have to get use to this in a week and a half anyway. The next doctor appointment is on the 6th. and he said he will return me with restrictions, work just has to ok it. My husband isn't liking me going back, but we can't afford for me to stay home, and not make some money. I guess I will think more about this next week, cuz everything is going to change and I'm going to have to figure a bunch of stuff out, and I don't want to get stressed. I'm going to take it slow, and wait and see what happens.

Ok, again enough about me. I hope all you ladies are doing fine this morning.
I'm really ok. Take care stay focused and we can do it.
Old 05-30-2001, 07:21 AM   #2  
Working My Way Happy!

Wendy,

You have to get enough calories and fat in a day. Yes I said fat. That is what I was told by a nutritionalist. But I hear you when you say that you can hardly get in all you need now. I did lose yesterday even though I had the candy bars. But I think it was because I had less fat then over the weekend. It was limited you know. Eating out of the chip bag with dip you don't really know how much you are getting. I was shocked.

You can get more calories in just by drinking 2 cups of milk a day. I started doing that and I drink the skim milk so I don't have the extra fat. Also the fruits don't have fats but they do have calories. I am trying to get in 3 a day. But usually I end up with 2 at least. Before I was only having 1 a day. So you can do this. But I do think you should start eating more. Eventually it is going to catch up to you like it did me and you will start gaining. I know it is a terrible feeling but it is true. I too am having a hard time with this eating more thing. It doesn't seem like you are on a plan at all. So it makes it harder to stay in control. But I am just going to give up the junk and then I should be fine with adding all the other stuff I can be right where I need to be.
It is frustrating but you have to figure it out for you and be comfortable with what you are doing. But at least you got the correct info now and you can change your plan accordingly.

I hope everything else goes well with the doctor and all.

You are losing and you are doing great keep up the great work.

Today is a new day and I say no junk for me today I am going to do good on plan today.

Have a great one everybody. I will check back in later.

Sherri
Old 05-30-2001, 08:25 AM   #3  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Default Good Morning :)

Well its Wendsday again That means weigh in is tomorow for me and many others on here, So keep up the hard wrok and gain or loss you know you did your best and That is what is going to make you a winner in this war

Wendy- I know seems weird to have to add more calories, I was hoping we all were getting enough and if not I wanted to make sure we all do, I want us all healthly in this thing, We are a team and we have to do this thing right Right I added more calories myself and did so much better and felt more satisfied, I couldnt believe I had a loss either, I mean, I was Shocked!! So you hang in there and keep up the AWSOME work cause you are doing so well, and dont be afraid, you have all of us to back ya go ahead and add a few more of those good calories in ... You will be suprised too

Sherri- Well I am so glad that candy bar didnt hurt girl.... I ate one too yesterday, I got dizzy at work last night and my dad thought I needed sugar and I bought a candy bar to see if that was it, Trust me I was desperate to see if that was the cause. I felt flat funky!! I am fine now and dad thinks it may have been because I mowed the yard and it made my sinuses close up, Needless to say they sent me home early because it kinda scared me, I went so far as to take a pregnancy test!!! I was worried huh lol, OH and thank you for the encouragement in the e mail, They were just beautiful.....

Eleni- You are doing so good on the exercise!!! You Go ELENI!!!!!

Penny- I am so glad you are back, I just couldnt have imagined the boards without you on them with us, We have all stuck together for a long time now... It would be like losing family if anyone left now.... So great job on hanging in there girl!! You can and will win this one

Well guys I guess I better get my shower before the girls get up, So remember... Today is a new day and ANYTHING Is possible... So GO FOR IT!!!!
Old 05-30-2001, 09:28 AM   #4  
Always find the good!

Good morning everyone!

Well, I've spoken to my husband and we decided that we're going to suck up the money and I'm going back to WW. It is the last successful plan that I was on and felt like I was truly making progress. I gained when I stopped. We're going to do this together...(even though my husband is 5'11' and weighs 158lbs!!!

jerk! (he has a hollow leg.....)

But we are going to make a life change. This weekend we're cleaning out the cabinents and going to do a big food shopping order of good foods.

I'm going to maintain my TOPS membership and go when I can, but I'm a night student and my schedule is changing every semester. I can't commit fully.

I already feel thinner just having made that decision!
Glad to see everyone is having a good day!

Talk to you soon!

Amy
Old 05-30-2001, 10:00 AM   #5  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Default Hi Amy

Sounds like you have a good plan going there
With your husband supporting you in the WW program you will do Great I just know it!!!
I hope you get to stay in Tops too, but I know you have to do what you have to do, BUT no matter what STAY here with us YOU GOT IT!! LOL We have to know how good you do!!!! Well good luck on your decision I know it will work for you
Old 05-30-2001, 11:07 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies! I am here and am glad to say!..... I have passed up chocolate donuts this morning!!!! YAH! When I got to work, everyone was eating donuts and I did not even touch a speck. It was only because Sherri and I made a pack today to stay on plan all day! And I am doing great so far. I am drinking my first 16 oz and going to the fruit stand to get fruit b/c I forgot mine at home.

We do need some kind of plan challenge or something. I guess we will figure something out. All I know is that I have started out great. My scale is still up 4 pounds but I don't care anymore!

I am doing this right and that is what matters. It might take me a month to get back off this 4 pounds but I will do it!

I hope you all have a great day!

Wendy~ I say increase your intake a bit but do what is working for you until you have worked it until it does not work anymore. LOL I was doing great but then hit a stand still and had to change. So now I am working on getting the right stuff in everyday!

Amy~ I hope you still stay with us. You too have to do what works for you and if ww works, and you have the means, then go for it! I don't have enough funds to do ww.

Christie~ I am rooting for you this week! I know you can do this you are doing great!!!

Eleni~ Thanks for all your support!!! You are doing great! And are helping me alot!

Summer, Donna, Tami, Median, Misty, Nita!! Where are you ladies???? WE MISS YOU AND ARE HERE FOR YOU!!! Good or bad, I have learned that

YOUR TOPS PAL PENNY
Old 05-30-2001, 06:28 PM   #7  
donna p

Hi everyone - Penny I am here. I usually only have time to read these days and not write. I seem to be pretty tired these days too. I weigh in on tuesdays and I am fairly discouraged. I am exactly the same after a month of ups and downs and I am up 2# since I first started TOPS. I don't know what is with me...

I just got back from the doctor and my blood pressure is not reacting to the pills I was on so I am going onto something else . Maybe I will feel better after a few days of them. She gave me all sorts of tests last week and everything else is great except my bad colestral is a smidgin up but not too bad. Evidently the figures show I have a 7% chance of a heart attack which is a low risk. The problem is my blood pressure and I am to start exercising more - mostly walking she said. I made arragements with a couple of other ladies in my TOPS group to meet an hour earlier on tues. morn for a brisk walk before our meeting. That might be fun.

I see that some of us are doing okay and some aren't but it's great to be together doing this. Eleni I too am interested in the 100 reasons....maybe one a day is a good idea?

Everyone have a great day....and stay on programme whatever it might be....later........donna

Old 05-30-2001, 08:17 PM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Well ladies I DID IT!!!! Well almost I have stayed on plan all day so far and have cooked supper. Just waiting for hubby to get home to eat. I had goods servings of fruits and veggies and meats and no sweets or bad fats I am almost finished my water and exercised a bit this morning just a few minutes but I plan to do it tonight!!!!!!!

This is day 1 on plan for me, and it feels great! I hope their are many of them to come. Anyone wants to have a race or bet of some sort on who can stay on plan the longest I am ready I just love a challenge!

DAY 1 ON PLAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penny
Old 05-30-2001, 09:43 PM   #9  

Hi everyone

I too, am having a pretty good day! I drank my water and have eaten better than I have in weeks. Now just to keep it up, and throw in a little exercise and it really will be a good day. One thing at a time I guess.

Penny-I believe my e-mail is in my profile. I would love it if you e-mailed me. If I don't get back to you right away, I am not ignoring you. I have 3 kids and it is sometimes hard to find a free minute.

Have a happy tomorrow

Laurie
Closed Thread