Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 10:41 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Arrow

Hi Ladies! Everyone else is so upbeat but me. I am thinking about quitting TOPS. My scale is up 5 pounds from last week!!! 5 POUNDS! I know I am seeming selfish b/c It is only one week but I am just at a point where I don't think I can fight this anymore. I know we all get like this but I just am tired of fighting it. I think I am going to take a break from TOPS and the boards for a while until I can figure out what I want to do. I am just not movitated anymore and am disgusted. Thanks to everyone for being there for me. But I just think I need some time....... Penny

I will however post everyone's results from the challenge.
But I am not going to the meeting tonight
Old 05-24-2001, 11:25 AM   #2  
Always find the good!

Been there done that!

Like every week! Don't quit TOPS cuz you had a bad week! **** if every week was a good week...we wouldn't need these boards!

We wouldn't need each other! And that right now is what you need girlie!!! US!!!

I was so proud to post my 6.75lb loss before I went on vacation. According to my scale after, not only did I gain it back, but an additional 4lbs with it! I did not go to my last TOPS meeting because you're right. At that time I wanted to blame my chapter because I stuffed my fat face for a week!!!!

You know...screw them right? WRONG! It becomes screw you! Cuz that's what happens when you stop.

I'm sorry to be so stubborn. I don't mean to be mean! But Penny, each morning I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say....including you!!! Mornings like this one where it's raining and so damn dark you'd think it was night time. When all I want to do is pig out ...I come to these boards for motto.

What is it that you're looking for????? Only you will know, but only we will understand.

Please reconsider......from a fellow quitter.

Hope you stick around!

Tops love!

Amy
Old 05-24-2001, 12:57 PM   #3  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Default Take my hand Penny

Hey girl I know exactly how you feel, I have had the same thoughts, I mean I have wanted to just throw it all out and forget the whole dieting mess all together!!! BUT and its a BIG BUTT if you get my drift.... I cant quit!! If I do it will just put me in a state of depression later and I will hate myself for giving up when I didnt have to, Listen I understand if you need a break sis, If you need to reflect for awhile go ahead, I want what is best for you! BUT in the same sentence... I NEED YOU here, You dont know how much it helps me just knowing you are around, and someone I can depend on, So whatever you do.... Know my hand is outreached for you and all you have to do is grab it, I am here anytime you need me and I am not going anywhere that you cant find me K, Hang in there Penny ((((((Penny))))))
Hugs and prayers, Christie
184/150??/145
Old 05-24-2001, 01:49 PM   #4  
Opening a whole new world

I may be new to TOPS, but don't quit. I've been battling this weight thing off and on my whole life, and this is the first time that I can honestly say, I feel that people understand me. They know what is like to get up everyday, to take one day at a time, and to suceed, one day at a time. I've had support from people, kinda. Not the kind when we know what it feels like. Penny, I wake up in the morning wondering what is going on in everyones life, how they feel, how they did ect. I can't wait every morning to see your notes. Your encouragement, what you have done for me. Now is the time that you need your tops club support, there has got to be one person there that you can buddy with to call you every day to also help you through this. Shake it off girl. This place won't be the same with out you. You've come so far, don't stop. Don't stop trying not only for yourself, but think of your family. You need to see this thing through 1st. for you, 2nd for family. I'm thinking of you and you are in my prayers.
Please go tonight, take it one step at a time.
Wendy
Old 05-24-2001, 02:53 PM   #5  
Mother Hen

I don't know what else to add.I agree with everyone.I have been where you are.I am the weight recorder and I almost walked out a few weeks ago. This does get old.It is hard. And many,many days I want to give up.And I do for short periods of time.And then I realize I need TOPS and this board.You know I am here for you.
And I haven't been that upbeat.I have been trying to make myself feel upbeat.If I don't have a loss tonight I am going to be pissed.And it is going to be close.I should have a big loss and I am dreading to go because it looks like according to my scales that it will be real close. But you do what is best for you.I will be here anytime you need me.I meant it when I said you were like one of my daughters.
Old 05-25-2001, 07:24 AM   #6  
Working My Way Happy!

Hey Penny,

Where are you girl. You are ignoring my calls to. Hey we are friends and I hate to see you like this. That is okay if you missed the meeting last night. Maybe you needed to. But you know you need to look back and reflect on what has happened since january.
You have lost so much weight for one. But now only that you have more confidence in yourself as well. It may not seem like it at this point. But this is only a hump for you. I have been going through this hump for a couple of months. I am finally pulling myself out. But let me tell you girl. If I wasn't coming here (even though it hasn't been much lately) and to my meetings I know I would be right back to where I started with my weight. Yes I have gained but at least I had 3 weeks of a maintain and that was from you and everyone else here and from my meetings. They do keep you grounded even though you may not think they do.
Don't give up on yourself. You are too important to me and to yourself. You deserve to get what you want from life. I know that you said that you were feeling content at the weight you are right now. Why wouldn't you. You are finally at prepregnancy weight and you worked your butt off to get there. And you are the ones that did the work no one else. You have been so encouraging.
Wasn't it you that said that more people had to come to the boards at one time because you needed them. What happened? You turned the boards around. You made people realize that they had to post here because we are all friends in good times and bad. You are a special friend to me. I won't let you give up on you.

Take a break from the plan if that is what you have to do. But don't make that decision just because you had 1 bad week. That is nothing. I have let my plan slide so far that it is very hard to get back.

Look at eleni. She had let her plan slide back very far as well. She admits that that happens at times. But look at the turnaround she did. She came back and got determined and decided enough was enough. That is what I am going to do and have done.

That is all that you need to do. No it might not be today but it could be next week or tomorrow. Read the story in the tops news this month about freddy the frog. Our leader read it last night and it really hit home for me. It made me think. Maybe it will help you.

Have a great day and take time for you and just focus on you today.

Remember I am here for you if you want to talk. I won't try to convince you one way or the other. I will just listen.

You have been there for me let me do this for you.

Your friend,

Sherri
Old 05-25-2001, 04:44 PM   #7  

I can't add too much more than anyone else has said but......don't quit. I am just coming out of a slump and I had to take a break. I didn't go off totally but didn't obsess with every little detail. As the others have said....we have bad weeks but we need the support of everyone. Please reconsider and stay.

Marie
Closed Thread