Old 09-16-2004, 10:24 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thursday: TOPS meeting for me tonight

Hi Everyone,
I see no one has posted yet this morning, so I'll step up and start things rolling.

Tonight is my meeting. I'm sure hoping for a loss. I've had a great week with exercise and food. My workout partner and I always walk for 30 min every day. We've been walking on the outside track at the Y, then we go inside to do the weight workout. We've been pushing ourselves to go further in the same amount of time. We were doing just a mile, not a really fast pace, but a steady one. We are now up to 1.50 miles in 30 min. and that counts having to walk a quarter mile each way to the track and back. So, we are going more than 1.50 miles. I'm really happy with this progression.

I'm not a cardio person; I'd rather weight train so I am happy to be progressing with the cardio area.

I did pretty well yesterday with my posture goal. Today I'm setting a goal to stay calm.

I'm not feeling well today. My IC (Intersistial Cysitis) is flaring a little bit. I'm not sure why. It does this around what would've been my period time. Also, if I'm anxious about something that will sometimes do it. I'm starting back to school tonight. I'm always a little anxious when it's time for a new class. I'm taking Accounting this quarter and numbers aren't my strong suit.

Anyway, I'm using all my remedies to help me feel better. Thank god for those Therma Care patches! and I'm drinking my water and I also took a Ditropan XL to help with the spasams. I'm going to go home at lunch and stretch out. That will help sometimes to. Above all, I'm praying.

Hope today finds you all well and OP.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:01 AM   #2  

Good Morning Susie, Sorry about your IC flaring up, I know that must be painful! Tonight is my weigh-in night as well. Great Job on the walking! I've only done the WATP one night this week! I definately need to stick with some type of exercise but the tapes can get a little boring. Maybe after all this rain clears up I can go up to the high school and walk around their track. That is if foot ball practice isn't going on. We don't have a Y near us, but there is a place called the Aquatic Center that has an indoor track and we have a curves. Right now money is a little tight so I'll have to wait a little while before I can join one of the two places. Last night was terrible. I was having a chocolate craving like you wouldn't believe, but I stuck it out. There was no way I was going to drive to the store at ten o'clock at night. It was hard though! Especially this time of the month.. LOL.. Well, take care, Good Luck at the meeting tonight!

Amy

180/176/140
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Amy,
I wish you a great weigh-in tonight! I use the indoor track at our Y in the winter time.

You did great on not giving in to the craving for chocolate! That can be a very hard temptation to overcome.

I'm feeling a little better this afternoon. I brought my heating pad back to work with me when I went home at lunch. It helps to relax the bladder and the muscles around it.

I was hoping that after my hyst. I wouldn't have any more cramps...guess I wasn't that lucky! Now, they come from bladder spasms

At least they are getting better this afternoon and for the most part my IC only bothers me when it would've been that time of the month.

And I've lost a lot of weight since my hyst. and taking the Elmiron has also helped me to lose weight. I have to take it 3 times a day, on an empty stomach..not much time left to snack so it helps.

Good luck tonight!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:18 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI SUSIE and AMY!!!!!

I hope you both have a wonderful weigh in tonight!

Susie,
You have been doing so awesome and you will be at goal before you know it! I am so sorry to hear you are in pain I will keep you in my prayers! I just love those therma patches! I use them for my period! Works wonders!

Amy,
I am not sure if we have met? With Ivan out there..... I have not been here lately but instead glued to the tv! That is wonderful that you overcame your craving!!!! Email me if you ever wanna chat Do you have any of the messengers?

Ok Ladies....
I hope you all have a wonderful night! I have a terrible headache ;( I am gonna lay down while I can
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:34 PM   #5  
Mother Hen

We had a good meeting tonight. I had a 3# loss and I was happy about that. Hopefully I have gotten things turned around. Keeping a food chart helps a lot.
Eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:51 PM   #6  

Tonight my meeting kinda sucked, I was made to feel completely out of place and I didn't appreciate that. But on the flip side I did lose 2.35 lb's. I just wish some of the people there would be a little more understanding of other's situations. I'm sure everyone at my meeting are good people, but they can get a little over the top on some things. Maybe next week will be better after I sort some things out with one person in particular! Well take care everyone! Eleni.. Great job on your weight loss!!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 09:51 PM   #7  

sorry, meant to say 2.25 lb's... he he
Old 09-16-2004, 10:08 PM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

AMY,
I am so glad you imed me! Everything I told you about being there for you... is all true!

The end result will show!!!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 10:12 PM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Congrats on the AWESOME LOSS!!!!!!!!