Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 06:18 AM   #1  
Working My Way Happy!

Default Hump Day Wednesday

Hi all,

Well I had a 2 lb gain this week but it was my own fault I have no one to blame but me. I have to make better choices and keep to the points. I go to the dr tomorrow and I will see about seeing a nutritionalist. I know I am going to gain weight but I don't want to gain anymore then I really have to.
The cornmaze was great. We were in there for over an hour and still didn't find all the clues we had to. I had to stop like 3 times to catch my breathe but it was fun and megan had a great time as well it was a great family day out. Megan went with her father in the morning to put an axle in a firetruck. She helped him put the bolts on.
I have been so tired from running all week. We have been planning a 60th birthday party for my mom for dec and I have been busy with that this week. Didn't get home until almost 11pm on monday and last night I was out and about planning again. So I haven't had a chance to just come home and relax. Today I have to go on the road so I will be ready for bed early tonight.
Other then that not much else going on here. I am going to stick with my points so that I can have a loss this week.

Nita,

25 lbs to goal isn't bad at all considering how much work you have done so far. I am so glad that you have such a great chapter they are few and far between. Having a great chapter really helps. Keep going with what you are doing and you will get there. I hope the Dr. Phil book helps you. If anything it gives you a burst of energy to want to start all over again and if that is what it takes that is great. Let us know how it is going. I so agree that it is all about changing the inside to get the outside to change. I think you are heading in the right direction.

Eleni,

I am so glad that you are feeling better. You have been waiting for this for so long. Now you will be able to get your motivation back to stay on track.

Summer,

Glad to hear from you girl have missed you. Sounds like you have been busy yourself. Are you keeping warm over there? You can get your motivation back as well.

Christie,

I am glad that you like the WW so well. How did the visit to the dentist go? My megan is due for a cleaning as well as myself we have to get back there to.
You are doing great with the WW. I think I would do better if I was going to the meetings myself. But they don't work out for me. Keep up the great work I am so proud of you for all the weight you have lost so far. You will be back to goal in no time.

Penny,

You sure keep yourself busy girl. How are you doing with the WW? Do you like it? You said you had a loss already that is great. Keep up the great work. How was the child care class you went to? I don't know how you fit everything in girl. You sure are a busy lady.

Wendy,

Weighing and measureing everything and sticking right with the points will make a huge difference. If you do that this week you will have a loss. It is like everything if you only do it halfway you won't get the results. You can do this and I can to. I have to get on here more to catch up with you. We can do this if we TRY and put the effort into it that we need to. We have to stop being lazy and do what we need to do or we won't get the results we need to get.

Coco,

How are you doing girl. Haven't heard from you much. Did you start to sell the avon yet?

Well I need to get going and get ready for work. I can't keep my eyes open. Have to get woke up here.

Have a great day all. I have to remember this as well.
IF WE DO WHAT WE ALWAYS DID THEN WE WILL GET WHAT WE ALWAYS GO. IF WE CHANGE OUR WAY OF THINKING AND REACTING TO SITUATIONS AND THE CHOICES WE MAKE THAT IS WHAT IS GOING TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE END.

Have a great day all. Remember think healthy.

Sherri
Old 09-24-2003, 10:07 AM   #2  
senior chick

Good Morning Everyone,

It's a great day!!! I've gotten in my walk this morning and stopped at the grocery and picked up some items that I needed for dinner tonight. Now, I'm ready to sit for a few moments and have that second cup of coffee.

Sherri......Seeing a nutritionist is a good idea. Then, you'll know what you need to eat healthy for you and the baby. Your gain may just be a little water retention. Our weight fluctuates from day to day with the amount of water we retain. The important thing is how much we gain or lose at the end of the week or month. It's been so long since I had a baby, that I can't remember when you start gaining weight.

I've been reading Dr. Phils book and the first 2 chapter didn't say much to me, nothing grabbed my attention. Now, I'm in the 3rd chapter and Key #1, "Right Thinking" and it is very powerful. For those of you that didn't buy the book, I'll quote
Quote:
Have you seen a 6 ton elephant tethered by rope to little wooden stakes? Have you ever wondered why one of these powerful animals doesn't yank that stake out of the ground and stampede off? When the elephants are young and powerless, they are attached by heavy chains to immovable steel stakes. The baby elephants tug and pull, but no matter how hard they try, the chains will not break and the stakes will not come out of the ground. As the elephants grow and get stronger, they come to believe that they cannot move anywhere as long a there is a stake in the ground nearby, no matter how tiny or weak the stake. They don't try to break loose because they think they can't.
So it is with people. If you are like those circus elephants, you've allowed your thoughts and actions to limit you, and like those elephants, you may not have been aware that you had choices. I'm telling you now that you do have choices, you do have power: now you know. You don't have to stay tied to "stakes" of wrong thinking and self destructive behavior. You can "pull up the stakes," transcend your conditioning, and reprogram yourself for success rather than failure.
I hope this doesn't bore any of you, I get enthused by just reading things like this (and there is much more in the book) and I think that it is powerful. So many of us have been told things all of our lives and we believe it. Sometimes we have to get our eyes opened to see that things are not like we have always been told.

Well, my coffee is getting cold and I must get some chores done. Hope you all have a good day.

Nita
Old 09-24-2003, 04:09 PM   #3  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hey there ladies!

Loved the quote from Dr. Phils book

It is so true that we sell ourselves short in areas that we can control if only we will... and weight is one of the many things we most definatly control if we just will

Sorry I dont have time to address everyone individually but I have to run and get the girls from school, I will try back after church....HUGS and <<<<<<<<<VIBES>>>>>>>>> to you all!!
Old 09-24-2003, 06:37 PM   #4  
senior chick

Welcome Chubba, and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!

Nita
Closed Thread