Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 07:12 AM   #1  
senior chick

Default Chilly Monday

Hi Everyone,

Our temperature really dropped yesterday. It went from in the 70's to the 50's in about an hour. This morning, it's about 45. We've put off our walk until it's 50's degrees outside.

Coco, I'm glad that you're back. We've missed you. You'll soon be back on track and lose that gain you had. I really don't understand that lady wanting to adjourn your meeting early. Is she an officer or have some say over the time of the meetings? Our meetings last an hour and sometimes it's hard to fit everything into that hour. If anyone can't stay that long, they just get up and leave. We have a bag of poker chip that we draw at the end of the meeting. Anyone that has a loss and stays for all of the meeting can draw from the bag. A white chips gets .25 cents, a blue chips gets .50 and red gets .75. They have to have a loss and stay for the entire meeting to draw a chip. And we have more white chips than blue and more blue than red. It's just an incentive where all losers can get rewarded.

Bev...Sorry to hear that you are sick again. Hope you are feeling better by now.

Eleni...I'll look for you at SRD. What color is your vest? I'll be in the leaders parade on Sat. and have to be there by 8 AM. But, I'll probably change clothes for the afternoon session and will have on my red shirt.

I'm doing okay with my diet. I guess that I got motivated back in Dec. when I bought that nutrition program for my computer. Now, I'm trying to stay in the black and get some of the others inspired to try also. Our chapter is doing really well this year. We have lost over 130 lbs so far. A lot of money is going out in poker chips.

Hope everyone has a good OP day.

Nita
Old 03-31-2003, 09:10 AM   #2  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Good Morning everyone,

First welcome to Joy, It was really nice to see you here. Please let me know what you think of the TOPS cd. As you know I have been having a hard time lately. I am always looking for things to make it easier to lose weight.

well I am slowly starting to feel better as are my kids. Hopefully we will be able to kick all the sickness going around this house.

well I have started exercising again with my Firm exercise tapes. THey are really the only ones that make a difference for me. I think it is the combination of cardio and weights that does it for me.

well I am 2 lbs away from leaving the 180's behind me and I have decided that everytime I lose 10 lbs I will buy my self something. Well since I knew i was close the reaching 170 I have bought myself some new Firm exercise tapes.

well I have done really well this last week with writting down everything that I ate so I am going to try and repeat that again. I really think that ,that has helped me alot.

I am having a little exercise challenge with myself- I will exercise 175 minutes this week.

well that is all for know , have a good day

Bev
Old 03-31-2003, 11:43 AM   #3  
Count down to Summer

Good morning everyone,

It is freezing here as well. We are supposed to have a high of 34. But again later in the week it is supposed to be warmer.

With the funny weather, we all have a bit of a cold. I have the sniffles and a sore throat this morning. I will try to workout later today if I don't feel too blah.

My mom, sister and I all read the book called the GI Diet. It is all about glycemic indexes and certain foods to eat and avoid. It doesn't seem to hard to follow. We are all going to give it a try to kick start some motivation. There is the website www.gidiet.com if anyone is interested.

Not too much else to report. Just very busy at home and work.

Talk to you soon
Old 03-31-2003, 06:25 PM   #4  

Default Chilly Monday!!!!

Hi Ladies
Well it has been kinda chilly and windy here today. Also some snow flurries. Maybe this is our Easter Snow. Lets hope.
Well the eating has been so-so today. Weigh in is tomorrow night. Not counting on a loss though. At this point I would be happy to just stay the same.
Well we didnt get to go to our friends yesterday. What a bummer. Was really looking forward to it. But our friends called and said they had 3 inches of snow. Was still snowing and was to get 3-8 or inches. So we thought it best to stay home.
So I went to a craft store. It is about a 1/2 hr away from me. But I signed up for a counted cross stitch class they are going to have. I have been wanting to learn how to do the counted cross stitch. I do the stamped now. And I enjoy it. It is this Friday night and next. We are going to make a bookmarker. I am excited about it. But I know that I am going to make some people mad. Next Friday night our Church is making Easter Eggs. Hubby said dont worry about it. But we have just a little church. And not too many help with the eggs. So I guess I will just make them mad. I have been after this store to have a class. And they finally decided to have one. So I thought I am going.

FLGAL The lady that adjourns our meeting early is the lady who weighs us. We weigh in from 6 to 7. The meeting starts at 7. And usually around 7:20 to 7:30 she makes a motion to adjourn. I know there is times when someone will start to ask a question and the lady is making a motion to adjourn. The leader the last time that happen said. Well so and so has a question. We are going to try and figure out a answer. The lady didnt like it. But like you said. If she dont want to stay she can leave. Hadnt really thought about it much. Maybe she is afraid we will say something about her and she will miss it. I guess that wasnt very nice. Sorry.

I did walk today. Walked 1 1/2 miles. Was chilly though. Well ladies sorry I wrote a book. But have missed you all. And I just got to typing and didnt realize I had typed that much. I am thinking of all of you. Hope you are having a great day. Hope everyone has a loss this week.
A TOPS PAL
Closed Thread