Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2001, 12:55 PM   #1  
On the right path

Another Monday morning but for some it is a long holiday weekend - Presidents Day. The ski areas around here [Colorado] are soooooo busy!! Some great skiing for those that are coordinated enough....but I'm not one of those....I hate to even slide on ice.....a great fear of falling.

My eating could be better. Yesterday was my daughters birthday and did have some cake and ice cream. However, I did get back on the bike doing my 30 minutes so I feel positive about that. I will do at least that amount today.

I'm still very wide a wake. Unsure when I will get some shut eye. My birthday girl unfortuneately got a horrible migraine. She worked all day and came home to relax with a boyfriend and it hit. I usually end up giving her a shot and sure enough I had to. Not my idea of a great present. No school today, she will be so hung over. Poor Kid!

OK ladies, this will be a great day for us. Let's put a lovely smile on our face and know that we can do whatever we set our minds to do. WE ARE WOMEN!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful start to our new week...........

TOPS Hugs,
Summer
Old 02-19-2001, 02:05 PM   #2  
Mother Hen

Looks like I am not only one that can't sleep.Migraines are terrible.I use to get them a lot but haven't had one in years.We always called them a sick headache because you are so deathly sick along with severe pain.No fun.
I am hoping to do better this week.Just can't seem to get my head into it.And it is mostly mind over matter.If our mind is not concentrating on doing the right things we will not lose weight.I have been doing really bad the last few weeks and my weight shows it.
I know this can be done as many people have done it.Sometimes I have big doubts as to whether I am ever going to succeed.
Well I am going to go lay down and see if I can get back to sleep.It is 3 am here and I have been awake for an hour.Good thing I don't have a job yet as I would will probably be tired when I get up.Good luck to all

------------------
It does not matter how slow you go,as long as you do not stop.
Eleni
315/285/140
Old 02-19-2001, 06:45 PM   #3  
Working My Way Happy!

Good Morning all,

I really slept in compared to you two.LOL It is 7:30am here but I have been up for about 45 min.. Anyway summer that is great that you did get back on your bike. You need to do that for you. I know how great you feel when you get done riding. So it is worth it.
Eleni,

Don't give up on yourself. I know you are having a tough time right now. By the way how is your hand doing? Is it healing the way it should? When are you supposed to be able to use it? I wanted to say that I know you can do this. You are successful and you can get what you want. And you are right you just need to set your mind to it. But don't be too hard on yourself. You have had a lot going on in the past few weeks. No one would be able to concentrate on just them and focus with everything that you have been going through. This is just a time in your life. It will pass then you will be able to move on. If you are too hard on yourself you will get depressed and then it will be harder to pull yourself out of it. So just take it one day at a time. Set daily goals for awhile. That might help. It will help you get through day to day. And once you start acheiveing your daily goals then you will be back on track.

As for me I had a good weekend. I went off plan on sat. but I got back on track yesterday. So I am good to go. Except for the fact that I was going to start exercising again today and woke up with a cold and I can't go 10 min. without blowing my nose. So I will have to wait until tomorrow. But I am in a hurry to start back up again. It is just that I have to be careful with my asthma and colds. I wish I didn't have to worry about it but it is a part of me that I have to deal with.
I am going to get ready for work. Have a great day everyone.

Sherri
Old 02-19-2001, 10:45 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Everyone! I hope everyone is doing good today. I am at work but you have to make the best of it.
Summer ~ I hope your daughter is feeling better. That is terrible. I have never had a migraine. But I know it has to just about kill her. How old is she now? Tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Eleni ~ I know you can do this!!!! Look how far you have already come. You are right, people do this and so can YOU! I have faith in you. You know what I do sometimes... I have little pins that people have gave me from TOPS. One of them says "Winners never quit" I pin them on the pocket of my jeans under my shirt. (I am not one for wearing pins on my shirt) Anyway, everytime I think about eating something that I shouldn't, I rub my pin and think about all my friends that want me to succeed. I forgot I had them but I put one on the other day. It seems to help me out alot. I bought some of them from TOPS to give out to people when they need them. If you give me your address, I will mail you one!!! [email protected]

Sherri ~ I am glad you have gotten back on track. You are doing so great! I am so proud of you!

Everyone take care!!!!!!!!!!!!! Penny
WEIGH TO GOAL EVERYONE
193.50/180.50/140

------------------
You are not only lying to others, but also to yourselve!
Old 02-20-2001, 06:01 AM   #5  
Working My Way Happy!

Eleni,

Just read your post on the bios thread. I wanted to let you know that I am 32.LOL There now you know how old I am also. You were right no one put their age. I think it is because christie didn't. I just followed what she put putting in my own info.

Summer tell heather I hope she is feeling better. I have never had a migraine either but my sister in law used to. She was sick in bed with them. I couldn't imagine that.

I am suffering with a major head cold and I can't even breathe through my nose. I am trying everything under the sun to break it. I am glad that I am off tomorrow.

Sherri
Old 02-20-2001, 06:19 AM   #6  
On the right path

Good evening everyone,

It has been a long day. I may have gotten 3 hours last night.

Thank you all for the concern for my poor birthday girl. She turned 18 so this was a 'biggie' for her....and me...but she got up this morning still with her horrible headache and vomiting. Had to give her another shot, but she said this one didn't hurt as bad because her head was so much worse. Oh boy, what a consolation that was.

I worry about when she will go off to college. Drs have tried the various migraine meds with her, but most make it worse. Therefore all we can do is treat the pain and nausea, and say a prayer or two. Otherwise, she is my healthy kiddo.

Did everyone notice that I threw out the ice cream I was eating earlier when I read the article that Eleni posted? Well, I have only eaten healthier since. That came at the perfect moment. I am going to hop on the bike now and make sure that I do my 30 minutes today. Supper is in the oven, so it's a good time.

Eleni, I agree with advise that Penny and Sherri offered. Sometimes a real good talk with yourself might help....I have had to yell at myself sometimes. I picture Cher yelling "Snap out of it" like she did in one of her films. You will move forward, just never give up on yourself, because you know you can!!!

Sherri, get rid of that cold soon and I'm glad your back on plan. Take the exercise slow....just remember to breath

Penny, You are sounding positive and I always wish you the best. You are doing well and I know you will look beautiful on your trip being down those 13 pounds since you started.

Have a good rest of your day and will check in tomorrow....getting on the bike now.

TOPS hugs,
Summer
Closed Thread