Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 01:21 PM   #1  
Working My Way Happy!

Default Positive Sunday!

Hi all,

Karen,

Well how did you like the new church? Do you think that you will be going back? How did the family like it. I hope all is great with you today.

Coco,

Wondering how your church dinner went today. I have been thinking about you. I am here for you girl.

I am having a great day. I finally jumped out of the box (as the DR put it yesterday) I sat down and told my husband what has been on my mind. Something has been bothering me for the past few months and I finally confronted him about it last night and told him how I felt. It felt great today to know that I finally said something. Yes I feel better when I get things off my chest. This lifestyle is definately working for me. I woke up this morning feeling I had energy instead of like I was run over by a mac truck.

I also decided last night that I was going to get back to going to church. I missed last week because I just was so tired, had no energy. I went this morning with megan. She loves sunday school.

Making these decisions and doing it seems like a real treat for me. It feels like I am starting to get the control back in my life. For the first time in a long, long time.

I have been reminding myself that if it isn't fatal then it is no big deal a lot today.
I also made a change in my routine today also. What a difference that made. I decided to take the time with my daughter and get her ready for church first then I set her up at the computer so she could have her time alone and play her games while learning of course. Then I took the time for me that I needed to get ready. I had peace and quiet while getting ready and we were not rushed. We were actually very early this morning. Usually I rush her and there is a lot of yelling on my part to make her move when I forget sometimes she is only 4 years old.

I also told my husband I was going to be going back to curves and if he could start to watch her again for me if I went at night. I told him I would go in the mornings when I can after I drop her to school. But that he would have to watch her on tues for sure for me. That if I didn't have to worry that he would watch her then I would feel much better about going. He was doing great watching her then it got old. He started putting up a fight. I told him I had to get back to going for many reasons.

1. Because I was paying and want to get my money out of it

2. Because I need to

3. Because I love it and it makes me feel great

So agreed to start watching her again unless he did have a customer here and couldn't do it. Which I understand. So at least starting tomorrow I will be working out more then what I was.

So I am starting to ask for what I need and it is working. I am happier today then I was 2 days ago. So this way of life must be working.

I am also proud to say that I am not starving all day either.

I am satisfied through and through with the changes I am making. They may sound small to you but they are big changes for me.

Eleni,

How are you doing today and Christie to?

Penny and Summer and Nita and the others where are you girls?

Sherri
Old 10-13-2002, 05:41 PM   #2  

Default Just checking in.

Hi Ladies
Well Homecoming is over. It was really nice. And had a nice turn out. Our Former Pastor was the guest speaker. He has been back "home" in about 5 years. So it was really nice.
I was feeling sorry for myself. Until I read Sherri and Wendy's post. I felt like I let myself down with the eating today. But then they were saying about the negative. I thought well I couldnt control myself with the food. I was going to only make a trip and no dessert. But I didnt do that. But the postive I guess you could say was I didnt eat as much as I would normally. Usually I eat a couple plates of regular food and then a plate of dessert. Well today was a small plate of regular food. And then I went back for another piece of heart healthy chicken and some potatoes and one little piece of pumpkin dessert. I passed on all the other good looking desserts. And there was some things of the regular food that I wanted to eat but didnt. I am full but not so uncomfortable that I cant hardly walk. And that is how I usually feel after one of these dinners. And then tonight I wont have any supper. I am going to have some green tea. Sherri and Wendy thanks for writing what you did. I feel that you are talking about how I feel. And sometimes I think I am the only one feeling this way. But I guess if we really get to talking to each other. We are alot alike. But sometimes you just dont take the time to ask. You think they dont want to hear my problems. Or nobody takes the time to care anymore. Everything is hurry up. I guess I just need to take time and slow down. And try and get the courage to ask someone how they feel or tell them how I feel. Does that make sense.
Well I wont be on here in the morn. Have to take hubby to the Dr's. They are going to test him for Diabetes and vitamin deficiency (spell ?). So please keep him in your prayers. They say the test last 3 to 4 hours. But I will get on here sometime tomorrow. Well ladies I am sorry I wrote a book. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am thinking of all of you.
A TOPS PAL
Old 10-13-2002, 07:11 PM   #3  
senior chick

Coco....You did good with the eating today. Way to go girl!
Hope everything goes well with your hubby's test tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2002, 08:28 PM   #4  
Working My Way Happy!

Coco,

I am sooooo proud of you. You actually did great today. I know you don't see it. But at least you were able to stop yourself and see the positive out of the whole thing. That is what we are getting at. If we make everything positive or just put a positive spin on things we won't be so down. You are not eating dinner so you balanced out your nutrition for the day.
I agree that we should start to ask how each other feels. All we ever put on here is what is happening at the time or with our food intake. We are people and we all have feelings and if we helped each other out with what we were feeling then dealing with that will help a lot. Then we wouldn't turn to food we could turn to each other. That is what the boards are all about having a friend to turn to.
I was nervous when I first posted what I was feeling about everything. Not knowing how people would react but it is nice to know that we are on the same page. I think we know that but deep down we really don't. Does that make sense?
I am also another one that needs to slow things down. I have started to do that. I have so many things that I want and need to change with me that I have to slow down to think about it all.

Here is one thing I can say for my day. I was so busy thinking about what I was doing all day and trying to catch myself so I can change the things I need to that I didn't even think of food today. I am still 2 pts under my range so I have to go eat something. Can you imagine that. See I am happy with me today and I am concentrating on the aspects of my life that the other stuff is falling into place without stressing over it.

I had a very positive day and a successful day today. I managed to make it through the whole day without yelling and screaming at my 4 yr old. I kept it in my head all day that if it wasn't fatal it was no big deal. This concept really works for me.

Again coco I am very proud of you. Give yourself the credit you deserve and stop feeling sorry for yourself. You have nothing to feel bad about. You did awesome today. I am sure there were a lot of things there that you really wanted to eat and didn't. You controlled yourself and that is the first step. Didn't it feel good to think of all the positive things. You had a few of them not just one. So hats off to you. Keep up the great work.

I hope everything goes well with your husband tomorrow. I will keep him in my prayers.

Nita,

You didn't say how are you doing these days?

well we survived another weekend ladies. I know we all do better during the week. Tomorrow is weigh in day for you wendy.

Have a great night. Talk to you all tomorrow.

I have to go see a new OB dr tomorrow. I am hoping I can get some answers and some help

Sherri
Closed Thread