Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 10:12 AM   #1  

Default Saturday

Hi Ladies
Not much happening here. Trying to catch up on housework. Been having to run so much that havent done much cleaning yet. And boy does it need it. Suppose to be around 70 here today. But it better hurry up and clear up. But I guess we should expect it to be bad this weekend. They are having the Hot Air Balloon Festival this weekend. And it always seems to get bad then. Then they cant fly the balloons. On Thurs they were going to have Nite Glow but it was to bad to do that. To much rain. And yesterday. They didnt charge admission. Because it rained all day. They were suppose to have the first race this morn at 7:30. But not sure if they got to or not. Was a little foggy and a little drizzle. But it is suppose to clear up this afternoon. So maybe the 1:30 race will be able to lift off.
They eating isnt all that great. But am trying. Kinda worried about tomorrow. But I hope I can stick to my game plan. I also need to get back to writing everything down. Had done that. Then this past week I havent. And I can tell the difference. I guess I will just have to take the time. But with running with hubby I just dont feel I have the time. This week I have to take him 3 days. 2 days for PT and 1 day at the Dr's. So hopefully things will start to calm down and wont have to run so much with him. Well I better get off here. Need to get to work. The house isnt cleaning itself. I hope everyone is doing ok. Am thinking of all of you. Welcome to Cherry. Have a great day.
A TOPS PAL
Old 10-12-2002, 11:15 AM   #2  

Angry

Hello My name is Karen! I am new! I am going to my first TOPs meeting on monday! But like you I need to get my house clean lol! I have fell behind last week! So its time to get this place in tip top shape!!! LOL

My name is karen and I am 25 years old! I have two little girls ages 6 and 3! I have been married for 7 years in january! I am 5'3" and 223.5 pounds. I was 233 pounds in September! So I am losing nicely! I am joining tops for added support and to make some friends!

I was new to my area and just by finding a tops meeting I made a new friend and found a church that I think I will really like! Well time to do some dishes! *HUGZ* Karen*
Old 10-12-2002, 11:37 AM   #3  

WELCOME KAREN!!!! The ladies here are just great. You will get alot of support from here. That is a great weight loss. Congrats. Keep up the good work.
A TOPS PAL
Old 10-12-2002, 11:50 AM   #4  

Default Glad to be here....finally

I have been visiting the TOPS website in hopes of finding a forum like this where we can help each other. I am so glad a friend told me about this site. I really look forward to visiting here often. Thanks for welcoming me. I really need this kind of support to keep on track. Looking forward to more chats with everyone. See you later.
Old 10-12-2002, 11:50 AM   #5  

Thanks for the welcome! I am so glad I found this place! is it a pretty active? The TOPS section this one I meen?
*Karen*
Old 10-12-2002, 05:06 PM   #6  
senior chick

Hi Everyone,

Welcome Cherry and Karen. It always good to see new names on the boards. Post often, it helps to be active on the board.

Coco...Hope your church dinner goes well for you tomorrow. It's very hard to resist all that food. But you can do it. Just keep thinking about a new outfit that you want to fit into or how great you will feel when you reach your goal. I always try telling myself that food doesn't taste as good as it looks. That works for me in the bakery dept of the grocery stores.
I had a very tempting day. Our TOPS chapter had their annual garage sale for SRD ( State Recognition Day, for the newbies), today and they included a bake sale in it. One lady made candy....divinity and peanut butter fudge. She wanted to know how much to charge for it. I told her a $1 apiece. I wanted to made sure that I didn't eat it. LOL. But she priced it a lot cheaper.
Also, our town has built a new hospital and they were having open house today. I went to it, wanting to take a tour of the hospital, but everything was outside and it was too hot to stand outside and wait for them to open the doors. They had tents set up with free hot dogs, corn dogs, homemade pretzels, and lots more. So, we left while the opening ceremonies were going on. It's been very hot and muggy here. I'll be so glad when it cools down some.

Have a good day everyone, I'm thinking of you!

Nita
Old 10-12-2002, 05:55 PM   #7  

I a going to a new church tomorrow for the first time! I was referred to it frommy new tops leader! It should be fun! And the kids will love it! they always have s much fun at church! hehehehe
Old 10-12-2002, 08:18 PM   #8  
Mother Hen

hello all, We had our rally today. It was fun but ran a little long. We were ready to go. Plus my foot was hurting so bad that I did not enjoy it as much as I should have. We did find out they are trying to get an IRD in florida in about 3 years. That would be great. Next year is Canada and the year after is Pittsburg.
I still am not doing good on my eating. And weight is really affecting evry aspect of my life. We went to Sams and Bill pushed me around in a wheel chair as I could barely walk due to knees and foot. I never dreamed this would happen to me. If I was a horse they would take me out and shoot me and put me out of my misery.
I am exercising everyday. I dread to think where I would be if I weren't.
Enough!! This is not an uplifting post.
I am so proud of those of you who are losing. You deserve to be praised. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-12-2002, 08:43 PM   #9  

Well today has been an ok day! I am where I should be with calories actually I may be a little under. And I even had some chicken helper today! lol

I just got out of the tub and pampered myself all up with lotion! And moistorized my face. I find that doing those things make me feel just as good about myself as losing a pound!

Well I will be posting more tomorrow its off to bed for me! Hugz Karen
Old 10-12-2002, 09:02 PM   #10  
Working My Way Happy!

Cherry Welcome to you.

Karen to you also. That is great that you pampered yourself. We need to do that to make ourselves feel worthwhile and special. Keep up the pampering. It will help you to stay on track when you are liking you. I hope the church works out for you. My daughter loves to go to sunday school also. She is 4.

Coco,

You hang in there girl I PM you. We are going to do this together.

Eleni,

Glad you had fun at the rally. I had a great time and it was meant to be that I went I know that much. I am taking your advice about just dropping out. I will post a seperate post becasue it is too long. I will tell you and you will know what I mean.
Keep your spirits up girl. You are exercising everyday and that is awesome. The other things will fall into place also for you in time. Your time. Keep smiling. You are a beautiful person inside and out. I love you lady.

Sherri
Closed Thread