Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 04:43 PM   #1  

Default I went to TOPS last night

What a great group of people! I really enjoyed it. However, as I mentioned earlier, I only have about 20-25 pounds to lose. I am 5 pounds above the top of my weight range right now. I kinda felt out of place. Not that anybody made me feel that way- they were all nice. But I know how when you dont have much to lose, then people with more seem to judge you. (previous experiences)
I am probably just being paranoid.
I think I would need a group like this because I can lose the weight (have done many times) but I cant seem to keep it off. I tend to yo-yo.
I'm not sure if I will go back or not. I did like it but am afraid I dont fit in.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:41 PM   #2  
On the right path

I'm glad you met a nice chapter when you visited. It all boils down to what WE put in our mouths and only one person is responsible. I love TOPS and no one should look down on you. TOPS is a support group......not one out to make money......like all the others. That is why we are non-profit and whatever the individual chapters collect in the way of dues, goes back to the members, not the leader or any other officer. They are all volunteers. The membership fee is definitely worth it.

Most of us with weight issues KNOW what we need to do, but we have trouble sticking with it. After all, we love food.....that is why we are overweight. That is the key to TOPS, SUPPORT. Everyone is there to get it......and most important..... give it back to others.

It doesn't matter how much a member has to lose. If they know they need to lose and their MD agrees [they set your goal weight in TOPS...no charts for us like other organizations] they are welcomed in TOPS. If someone does judge you, that is their problem not yours. They are insecure with themselves and that is why they knock others. Blow them off and hold your head high. I'v had it happen to me as I was losing weight. Others got jealous, tried to cause a lot of problems in chapter and it all backfired. I just laugh when I see these people now.

Hope you keep joining us. We are here for the support too and lots of times we get more here online than at meetings. Probably because we are more passionate about it. Not unusual, you find this with any kind of group.

Good luck and let us know what you do.

Hugs, Summer
Old 09-27-2002, 09:51 PM   #3  
senior chick

Our chapter has had several people join in the last few years that have had less than 10 lbs to lose to goal. They made KOPS and are active members. I was at SRD one year when a KOPS was recognized for losing 1 lb. Everyone was surprised, but people often join because it helps them to maintain their weight.
TOPS is a great organization and most of the members give you lots of support and are happy for you. Don't be afraid to give it a try. And post here often, we would like to hear how you are doing.

Nita
Old 09-28-2002, 08:21 AM   #4  
Mother Hen

Summer and Nita have said it very well. I am with them. All chapters need KOPS. And you will not find a better support group. And from what you have said it sounds like you have found a good one. Join us here and let us know how you are doing
Old 09-28-2002, 05:45 PM   #5  

Thanks you guys! I am really excited about tops. I hope I can be active in the group. It seems like alot of fun!
I have no problem losing weight but I do have trouble keeping it off. I have already lost 20 on weight watchers and I have about 20 more to go.
Old 09-28-2002, 06:37 PM   #6  

Smile

WELCOME! TOPS IS A GREAT GROUP!
Closed Thread