Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 12:06 PM   #1  
senior chick

Default Wednesday, May 22

Hi All

Where is everyone this morning? I have noticed several new names. Welcome Kimmie, gonnabealoser and others. Post often, it really does help.

Congrats Penny for your good loss this week, and Crazy4carbs, you have done fantastic this month. I check the challenge every week, just to see how everyone is doing. Wendy, congrats on your loss after SRD. How is your dad doing?

Mary Ann, Bextra hasn't been out long. I looked it up on the Internet and I believe it came out in 2001. My lower back and hips were aching so bad that I went to the Dr. in March, and she did a bone density test and x-rays, which shows that I have a little osteoporosis (sp?) and degenerative joint disease. She told me I could go on Vioxx, celebrex, mobic, or bextra. I left it up to her as I knew very little about any of them. She had samples of Bextra, so she decided to try them. It has helped me a lot, but my arthritis isn't very bad at this point.
I know what you mean by trying to get your chapter members to keep a food journal. Perhaps you could have a contest where they could earn points for keeping a food diary. I gave a program last year on keep a journal and promised everyone a small prize if they kept a food journal and brought it in the next week. I went out and bought a large package of mechanical pencils and only 3 or 4 members brought in a food journal the next week. I still have a bunch of those pencils left.

I posted my food journal yesterday and have started again today.
It really helped me stay OP yesterday. I was afraid that if I cheated, one of you would look at it and would know about it, so I stayed legal all day. LOL

Hope you all have a good day.

Nita

Last edited by FLgal; 05-22-2002 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:37 PM   #2  

Default Big Surprise

Good Afternoon Ladies
I hope everyone is having a good week so far. The sun is shining here today. And warmer. Glad for that. Had a good bit of frost this morn though. Want to plant some flowers. But am afraid too. May wait another week before I attempt that. Hopefully by then it will be warmer and stay there.

Well I got a big surprise at weigh in. I had a loss. Dont know how. But did. I lost 1 1/4 lbs. Hubby gained 1 1/4. I really dont know how I did it. I was eating so out of control. I thougth to myself I better really behave myself this week. So I dont have a gain next. Afraid it will catch up with me then. But I haven't done too bad so far today. The only really bad thing I had was 2 handfuls of pototoe chips. But I have that out of my system now. But will eat a good healthy dinner. Did everyone get there TOPS magazine yet. Did you see where you can pay 29.95 and get on line with TOPS. I havent read all about it. Just got my magazine yesterday. Has anyone signed up for that? Do you like it?

I guess after my son gets home from school. He wants to go mow his church yard. I think I will take my walk then. There is a road up by the church. And locals live on it. So I thought I would do that. Was gonna ride the bike. But it is to pretty out to do that.

SHERRI You go girl. With all the exercise you will be at goal before long. You keep up the good work.
SHORTSTACK. Hope you Dad is ok. I will keep you in my prayers. Sorry you had to leave SRD early. But at least you are looking forward to next year. When you will be on that stage. That will be wonderful. I cant wait until I am able to do that.
FLGAL. I think writing down what you eat really helps. Espeically when you post here. That way you will eat better. I know I do. I need to start doing that again myself. I didnt do it at all last week.

Well I better get off here. Need to get a couple of things done before son gets home. I hope everyone has a good day. Take care!! Will check in later.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:42 PM   #3  
Mother Hen

Not much going here. I am probably in the minority but I am a little disappointed in the TOPS site. TOPS is suppose to be a non profit organization and it looks like they are trying to make a profit with this new site. I do go to the message boards on occasion but I am not going to pay almost 30 dollars to access TOPS info. I think it should be free to all members. That's just my opion.
Hope you are all doing ok.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:46 AM   #4  

Cool

Hi Eleni, i agree with you about the TOPS site. that is way too much to charge! I could understand a $9.95 fee, but $29.95 is way too much. They should at least allow a week of free access to see if it is something we would like to participate in. I have no intention of joining, though I use my computer a lot. Mary ann
Old 05-23-2002, 08:46 AM   #5  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Talking Hello!!! Hello! Hello!

Man I missed you guys!!!!!
I have been MIA for so long
We are almost finished with our house guys! And the computer finally got plugged back in last night, so i feel like I am back in the swing of things again

Eleni- I totally agree about the price of the website... I mean come on... we pay dues every month plus our 20.00 a year, so why on earth should they charge us????? I can see charging the people who dont have an actual club but not the existing members. ( by the way HI MOM ! ) Missed ya!!!

Shortstack- Thanks for checking up on me

Nita, Penny, Sherri, CC, Mouch, Steph, Ciecie and all the newbies.......

MISSED YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread