Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 11:51 AM   #1  
Opening a whole new world

Default Thursday

We have got snow, rain, ice and more coming. I did manage to drive 50 to work this morning. Only took me 1 hr. 40 minutes.
The ride home should be great. Furthist away, and still made it. The roads were not as bad by my house, but I don't think that lasted.

i DID IT! I went home yesterday, and got right on the treadmill, and walked for 30 mins. I had to do it then, cuz I knew I wouldn't later. This may sound bad, but oh, well. I did it just before the chiropractor appointment. I'm sure he has smelt worse than me stinking up the joint for one day.
I also ate pretty good yesterday. I'm also double up on my vitamins. One in the morning, and one at night. See if that doesn't help me with staying energized.

Take care all
We Can do it.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:08 PM   #2  

Angry HI

Hi Girls
Hope everyone is having a good day. Sun is shining here. Was really foggy this morn. But the weather is suppose to change. Suppose to get snow flurries tomorrow. Having a lazy day. Cleaned hamster cage. YEAH!!. Need to comb the pup. But havent done that yet. Been thinking of what to have for supper. I think I am going to make the hamburger steak that is in the SB book. Then may have some cabbage with I can't believe its not butter, and califlower. I think this is all legal on the SB plan. I know the burger is. Its their receipe that I'm trying.

CC
Sound like you got a good plan going. Keep up the good work.

Lady06408
Let us know how weigh in went. I'm sure you will have a loss. You have been having a good week. Keep up the good work.

Everyone else
Sounds as if everyone is on the right track. These boards sure do help. Everyone have a good day.

A TOPS PAL
Old 01-31-2002, 12:49 PM   #3  
Working My Way Happy!

Wendy,

That is great that you got right on that treadmill after work. Did it help with pigging out when you first got home. You said that is usually what happens. I bet it did. Plus it probably gave you energy. You are doing great. Keep up the great work. I am proud of you for keeping going and not giving up. I know it is hard right now for you but things will get easier in the near future and there will be less stress on you. How did you make out at the chiropracters anyway? How are your hands doing?

CoCo,

Hey girl. Everything you are going to have for dinner is legal but the margarine. They say to use regular butter if you are going to use it. The margarine has the bad fats in it the regular butter doesn't . I did get blue bonnet butter today for only .59 so I bought it. I usually use margarine myself. But I will change now. But I don't use that much of it now that I am not having the potatoes.LOL But I can use it on toast if I have it. Keep up the great work. You are doing everything right. By next week you will have room in your pants that you don't have now. Won't that be great.

As for me I am doing great. I did buy some brownie mix to make tomorrow for my cheat day. I have been wanting them or a brownie sundea so I will have it tomorrow and get it over with.
As for the choc for those that like it. I found a choc bar today it is in a box. I forgot how many in a box. But it was sugar free choc. bars by Estee. I remember seeing them on the legal list on one of the thread on the other board. The SB board here. So if any of you have to have choc that are doing the SB plan there you go. I don't eat too much choc myself but once in awhile I want a candy bar or something like the brownies. I haven't had them in a long time.
I wrote up my menu for tops today. I copied it from my book that I have it in. Looking back all week other then friday I really only had the popcorn that wasn't legal. So I know I did great all week. I really hope all the snow we are getting now doesn't cause us to cancel the meeting. Even if we only do a weigh in I will be happy. I really want to see if I had a loss. I know I am losing inches but that doesn't always mean a loss on the scale. So I want to see where I stand there. I know I couldn't have gained that is for sure. Plus I want to see how much longer it is going to be before we can go tubing.LOL I am excited about that and I know that I am almost there to be able to go. I only have 5 more lbs to lose. Plus I am real happy that I am sure I will make my valentines day challange of the 10 lbs. Wouldn't that be great. We are all doing so great.

Lets keep it up ladies. We are on the right track. I also spoke with the manager at the store today and she is going to try and order in the angel hair whole wheat pasta made by hodgson's for me. It should be here on tuesday then I can have spaghetti also with the others.

Have a great on plan day and keep up all the great work. Good luck to all that weigh in tonight.

Summer how did your weigh in go yesterday?

Eleni where are you lady. I know you are out there lurking. Get back here we miss you. It isn't the same without you.

Sherri
Old 01-31-2002, 10:22 PM   #4  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi all,

Well I didn't get to weigh in and I was bummed. I ended up eating junk tonight. I guess I will have to eat on plan tomorrow to make up for it. I will get back on track tomorrow for sure. I was so looking forward to weighing in because I know I had a great loss this week. Now I have to wait until next week to hear the results.
I did make the brownies tonight but I forgot to raise the rack and they burned. So I only had 2 but had to scrap off the burnt part. So it really ruined the brownies (thank god) so I threw out the batch. At least I won't be eating them all day tomorrow. So that is a good thing.
I will have to do extra exercise this week because I started early for my cheat day. But I will stay on plan all day. But I can't promise I can for dinner. I don't know what to order out that would be legal. Tomorrow is order out night. But at least if I only mess up for one meal plus what I had tonight that would be like my whole cheat day that I usually have.
The only bad part about the cheat thing is that I really don't feel good after I eat all the junk anymore. It has a negative effect on me now. That is good. That is why I can't wait to get back on track the next day just to feel better.

Here is to a better day tomorrow. I finally have all this time at night because I am not working at night anymore and I am getting bored while my husband is out working in the garage until late. I guess I better start reading my books again. I really get into them and it would keep my mind busy so I don't get hungry because I am bored. First I am way too busy then I have all this time for me. I am not used to that. I better start making good use of this time. I know it won't last forever.
But my daughter is much happier about the time I am spending with her now. So that is a good thing. I am finally starting to reel her in with her attitude and bad ways. They got out of control because I didn't have the time to correct them. I have a lot of time now and she is starting to straighten out. She is finally realizing that I now have the time to spend with her even if it means I have to discipline her. So I think the fewer hours are much better over all. I just have to keep busy at night now. Not used to all this time for me. I have not had it in such a long time.

Take care and have a great night. How did everyone do at weigh in tonight?

Sherri
Old 02-01-2002, 05:04 AM   #5  
Mother Hen

Default Friday

Good morning all, Weigh in went much beter than I expected. Down 1/2#. I am happy with that.
I also found out why I have had such a hard time trying to lose. I had my yearly last week and I was called on Monday and told that doc needed to see me. About my pap and blood work. Of course the word pap always scares us when they want to talk to us. Turned out pap was fine. Just something minor. But blood work showed that my thyroid is not working like it should. She said that is why I haven't been able to lose. Also why I am so tired,plus several other things that I contributed to age /weight.
She said a lot of women don't realize they actually have a problem because they think it is something else. Evidently it can cause some serious health problems. I will now be on thyroid medicine for the rest of my life. It is not something that gets better with meds. Once it stops working correctly you can only treat it not heal it.
So once again I must stress how very important it is to get yearly physicals and to have a good doctor. They do save lives. If you have not had a pap and mamogram please do . It could save "your"life.
have to run as I am running late for work. But it is friday and that is what I look forward to
Old 02-01-2002, 08:31 AM   #6  

Have had a wonderful 3 dys. now, and did the treadmill already today (and it's just 7:30 am). Running out the door to my class at the University here (Middle East Politics)....

Feel motivated and "on track". Good day to all of you.!
Closed Thread