Old 12-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #61  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

It seems for me that no matter how hard, or not hard I try I just cant seem to get past 163 I have settled on maintaining for the Holidays, because it just seems that I need to find that AHA moment. I am a little sad bacause today starts the 5th month of my journey and I have no motivation. I want to lose 26 more pounds (The number I like is 125 but I will wait until I hit my initial goal to see if I want to lose anymore. ) I am still getting in my exercise which know is my saving grace. Anyway, sorry this is a little depressing. Its just my mood, I am still sick and I don't want to go to the doctor because I want the $$ for christmas.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #62  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Jasmine, I know what I should be eating, thats what got me down the most.

I WANT IT SO BAD!! (To hit my goal that is) Okay enough whining, it is time to do something about it.
MY PLAN:
1. I am going to find a picture of me, at the weight I want to be at. Put it in the fridge!
2. I am going to write a list of everything that got me motivated to begin with and read it every time I want to eat something that is NOT right.
3. I am going to go back and see what I did at the begining and follow that.
4. Most importantly I am going to forgive myself for the last few weeks. Get back on my bike, go for my walks, and rack up the exercise minutes.

Last edited by jcatron243; 12-13-2006 at 01:01 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #63  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Coming up for air!! Ah I cannot wait till tomorrow is over!! Then I get to clean house, its amazing how filthy one little home can get when its neglected for a week.

I was supposed to go on a field trip with my daughter today. Cross Country skiing. I'll be honest and say I was petrified....I'd probably end up having a heart attack! This weight is not good! But it got cancelled due to weather...which actually works out better for me because I need those extra hours to study. I've got my last 2 finals tomorrow!

Sorry I'm not doing personals! But, I've really got to take advantage of the kids being in school and quiet house to study in. You are all in my thoughts though! Jasmine..I saw you lost WAY TO GO!!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

I am soooo excited; I have been in a rut for sooo long not losing just maintaining and now I found the right combination between exercise and calorie counting!!

I lost 3 pounds this week!!!! My was good to me this week. Thanks for all the and or I would have never made it through this last week! Thank you all for !!

Hang in there Jcat, I hear it gets harder the closer you get to your goal weight; I was told you have to eat even less and much more activities and increase the exercise even more, but you probably already knew that. Its great you are maintaining!! But just think of how healthy you'll be with all that activity in your life. It's tough when you are so sick. You might have to go to the doctor even though you don't want to if your not getting better. A typical cold if that is what you have takes about two weeks to get over. You know rest, rest, rest, WATER, and chicken noodle soup (helps sore throat because of the salt or you could gargle warm salt water)!!

Jasmine- those tortillas sound great where do you get them at. We are renting the cabin in Bear Valley. We have to hike up to it bringing all our food in the snow about 600ft from the main lodge. It will be work but an adventure too. We will stay three nights skiing one day and playing in the snow the others. on the weight loss!

Martini-Hang in there girl!! You are such an inspiration to me!! on the weight loss!! It's hard to stay motivated during the winter and the Holidays. Just get up and start moving; you'll feel so much better!! Here is some it helped me this last week.

Hi Hi stopeating, Ennay, Hun.e.B, and miafluker.

Last edited by loveandlaughalways; 12-13-2006 at 03:45 PM.
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:43 PM   #65  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

just wanted to say hi, i have too much to say so i cant find time to say any of it.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #66  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Uh Oh I just lost my post!

Jeni: I think taking a break and maintaining is fine, but do not forget to exercise and eat right! Remember this is not just about losing weight, but also about being healthy and avoiding heart disease, diabetes and cancer! You can do it sweepie!! And do not ever feel like you are dragginmg us down. You are not and I keep meaning to tell you that pic of you and your dh is adorable!

Hun.e.B:

Good luck on those finals. Thanx for the congrats. I will be in wonderland by next month! I would of been scared of skiing too!

loveandlaughalways:

Quote:
I am soooo excited; I have been in a rut for sooo long not losing just maintaining and now I found the right combination between exercise and calorie counting!!
That is so awesome! How many cals are you averaging?
Quote:
I lost 3 pounds this week!!!!
WTG!!!! Wheee!!!

Quote:
Jasmine- those tortillas sound great where do you get them at.
I got mine at stater bros. in the fridge section, thank goodness cause the nearest health stores are hours (by bus) away!
This is the website. I am sure you can find them at your grocery store. Some of the girls on the forum were talking about them and I am sure they live in other states!

http://www.latortillafactory.com/jad...tewelcome/Home

I'll tell ya how I like them tonite!

Quote:
We are renting the cabin in Bear Valley. We have to hike up to it bringing all our food in the snow about 600ft from the main lodge. It will be work but an adventure too. We will stay three nights skiing one day and playing in the snow the others. on the weight loss!
Thanx for the props! The trip sounds like fun! I can't wait til we move and can go do stuff. Before we lost the car we went out to the nearest lake over here a few times and had alot of fun. We were planning on going for like 4 days in Oct with the kids but the car....

ennay:

Is the baby keeping ya busy? Hope everything is okay and post when you get time hun!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #67  
I AM healthy!

Okay so now it is time for my update! I am still doing great food wise. I am going to try to keep the fat grams a bit lower for a few days. Tonite is sp. rice and bean and cheese burritos! mmmmm!!!

Okay so I think I am in a 16 now!!!!!

Okay about a month and a week ago or so we went and there were tow pairs of 18 jeans, not stretch. One was Levi low rise and the other another brand. Well the other brand fit so I bought em and was happy cause I was coming out of 20-22's. The other 18 was not going to even button not even with sucking it in, a big gap in the middle! Ok, no problem. A couple weeks ago I go back and try them on again and they fit!! Hooray! I did not buy them cause I still didn't like the low rise. Well today I am killing time waiting for dh to meet me for lunch and I got brave and tried on the 16's. They are snug, but they fit!!!!!! Hooray!!!! I am so happy!!! And to think, a month and a half ago the 18's wouldn't even fit! I did not buy them but I seen a "little black dress" By that time dh had come and I tried it on and it fit nicely, it is adorable! I put it on hold and am going to get it tomorrow!!! When I get a chance I will take a pic and show it off. The dress will be for x~mas and what a great dress to show off in to my family. They are really proud of me(grandma and 2 aunt's. Last x~mas I was 250, I should be about 205 by this x~mas and the last time they seen me was a few months ago when I was 235!!!! SO 30 since then and they thought I looked great then!!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #68  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone! i caved and weighed today down another lb scale said 224.5!
i cant believe it i changed my eating alittle and i have been doing alot better on my water and working maybe my body went into shock i just hate to .5 but hey ill take it im going to try not to weigh until monday i dont want to get disappointed because today i ate 1 or 2 things i shouldnt an snowball at lunch and a hotdog with no bun only ketchup to go with my salad at lunch and im about to drink a slimfast for dinner because its soo late and i just got home from work due to bad traffic and really bad fog. I dont want to eat to heavy this late. Anyways.........congrats on all the weight loss and the effort everyone made so far this week Yipee to us
P..s i also have been taking biotin vitams- a B-vitamine that promotes healthy hair and nails i think that may have been giving the boost i need in the am's to wake up
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Jasmine-Congrats on getting down to size 16!!! I'd like to see that black dress. My average for the last 7 days was 1600 calories. I had two really high days 2450 and 1900, but I had some low 1200 days as well. I never went below 1200. I also up'd the exercise this month to an average of 60-90minutes at least 3-5 days per week. I got some lean cuisines and anytime I didn't know what to eat and was starving, I popped one of those in the oven or I put a frozen chicken on my hamilton beach grill and weighed out some frozen cut green beans. I am eating four to five times a day now, waiting at least 21/2 hours between each meal and drinking plenty of water during the day. I hope it works again next week. Maybe my body finally stopped holdiing onto the weight...I don't know it's working for now.

Miafluker-I have heard good things about B vitamins. Congrats on the weight loss!!
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:31 AM   #70  

Hey all! I've been gone for almost a full week due to internet complications... sigh. All better now though and the mouth is healing nicely. However, I have had a set-back. I've been sick for the last week or so and haven't been working out or eating as well as I should've. I have gained 2 pounds... (poopy), but I'm determined to lose it and then some. At this point I have to seriously buckle down to make my goal or even get close to it. Wish me luck! I definitely have to get more organized and strict with what I eat and my excercise.
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:31 AM   #71  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

morning..ish

Well havent been around much because Saturday while cooking my coop meal, I got a cut under my finger nail while tring to unwrap a bullion cube - the foil point stabbed me. hard to type without the first finger

Anyway, its been hurting A LOT but my son has croup so I've been ignoring it. Tonight I was at walgreens so I picked up some neosporin, thinking if it was infected this would help.

Wrong

the neosporin reacted with the infection and 3 hours later I was bawling on the floor it hurt so bad. Like 8 cm labor bad. So I went to the ER at a bit after midnight for a f'ing bouillion cube (why the **** do they not use granules?) That will blow the cost savings of the coop all to heck. Not to mention the humiliation of going to the ER for a paper cut.

gets a little gross here, TMI warning:

The neosporin reaction had created a puss pocket which was trying to rip my nail off. They lanced it (no f'ing pain meds dammit) and then tortured me while they bled it out. Gave me a tetanus shot and sent me home...still no goddang pain meds. Really kicking myself now for not taking that prescription after alex was born.

anyhow, trying to eat a little as I couldnt eat earlier from the pain and it is manageable now. I'm supposed to do epsom salt baths 3 x a day until the infection goes away.

On the silver lining side, I had been told by some friends when dd was little that the local ER didnt do pediatric under 2 or 3 years old. Found out that is not true, so if ever we need to go for something like the continual vomiting we can go to the close and deserted one. (Note, I am writing this at a bit after 1 am and I hadnt left my house until sometime after midnight - that is a deserted ER). Although for something serious I dont know if I would bother.

OK off to take my mega dose of ibuprofen and hopefully get some sleep before alex wakes me.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:21 AM   #72  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

wow ennay sorry to hear that hope i get better i know about the ibrophen the military gives the 800mg for any type of pain even though it dosent help much.
get better soon off to do my work out ttyl
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:37 AM   #73  

ennay, I'm so sorry you had to go through that, and I hope you heal up soon and fast!

I've gone down by one pound, so I'm at my starting weight. Grr. I have 4 more days 'til the big weigh-in. I've been doing my excercises and I have my meals for the day planned out. I'm good to go, now I just have to stick to it, get plenty of rest (still wrestling with the cold) and drink lots of water. I've gone back to writing down all the calories I take in, I'm sure that will help.
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #74  
I AM healthy!

Mia:

That is great!! If you had treats yesterday just remember, nothing tastes as good as feeling thin feels! Don't feel bad about the hotdogs, I have those once in a while. I get the hebrew national ones now, maybe have it once or twice a month and they have like 2 grams of fat and only 50 cals each!

b vitamins are great! Take a multi vitamin one to!

loveandlaughalways:

Quote:
Jasmine-Congrats on getting down to size 16!!!
Thanx hun! I am stoked!!!! I thought I would have to be under 200 to get there! Does anyone else remember when they hit a 16 how much they were?

Quote:
I'd like to see that black dress.
Soon I promise! It really flatters my curves that is what dh said. I am going to pick it up today at Target. It was $27.99, not bad at all! That is a nice lil perk to losing this weight.

Quote:
My average for the last 7 days was 1600 calories.
That is great!!

Quote:
I had two really high days 2450 and 1900, but I had some low 1200 days as well.
Thats how I do it too. I need to try to make sure to get some high cal days in this week too. Next week between my b~day, and the week after that with christmas won't be a problem. hahaha Then new years is my daughters bday. *sigh*

Quote:
I also up'd the exercise this month to an average of 60-90minutes at least 3-5 days per week. I got some lean cuisines and anytime I didn't know what to eat and was starving, I popped one of those in the oven or I put a frozen chicken on my hamilton beach grill and weighed out some frozen cut green beans.
That is great! Well done!!

Quote:
I am eating four to five times a day now, waiting at least 21/2 hours between each meal and drinking plenty of water during the day. I hope it works again next week.
I also try to do the smaller meals too. It really helps even if it is just a yogurt or some nuts.

Calejo:
Quote:
Hey all! I've been gone for almost a full week due to internet complications... sigh.
Welcome back!!

Quote:
ll better now though and the mouth is healing nicely
So glad to hear that!

Quote:
However, I have had a set-back. I've been sick for the last week or so and haven't been working out or eating as well as I should've. I have gained 2 pounds... (poopy), but I'm determined to lose it and then some. At this point I have to seriously buckle down to make my goal or even get close to it. Wish me luck! I definitely have to get more organized and strict with what I eat and my excercise.
Could you be retaining water?

ennay:

I am so sorry to hear about all that! Do you have any ins. to off set that? I sure hope you feel better soon and I will be praying for you! WHo knew such a small thing could do that. Are you allergic to neosporin?

Calejo:

Quote:
I've gone down by one pound, so I'm at my starting weight. Grr. I have 4 more days 'til the big weigh-in. I've been doing my excercises and I have my meals for the day planned out. I'm good to go, now I just have to stick to it, get plenty of rest (still wrestling with the cold) and drink lots of water. I've gone back to writing down all the calories I take in, I'm sure that will help.
Congrats on the pound! Drink lots of water!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #75  
I AM healthy!

11-25-06 Saturday: 214 pounds

46.5 on belly button ( I read somewhere else after this that you are supposed to suck it in! SO I did both the following week)

12-03-06 Sunday : 212 pounds

44 on belly button (So a 2.5 inch loss that week!!!)

{41 sucked in}

12-10-06 Sunday : 210 pounds

43 on belly button
(So a 1 inch loss that week)

{ 39.5 sucked in, so a 1.5 inch loss on that!}

Oh and if anyone has the 411~info on sucking it in to measure vs. not then please let me know!