Old 12-09-2006, 08:23 AM   #16  

Good morning ladies! Here in stuffy nose country it is chilly and clear. No snow or sign of it and it is supposed to be back in the low 60's today so for that!

Susan: A Christmas gift should be what you want and since you wanted a club membership to exercise, I think it is a wonderful idea! I know you will thoroughly enjoy it!

Maggie: I have two more Christmas projects to finish up then I am done with Christmas knitting. I am going to find something to start on for my sister's birthday in April I think. She lives in S CA so doesn't wear a lot of sweaters. I may make her a felted handbag if I can find one I really like and think she might like. Hope you enjoyed your coffee. I never ever drink the stuff. I hate it in fact. Don't even own a coffee maker! Jack has taken to getting a cup on his way to work. I keep telling him we can buy a coffee maker if he would like coffee in the morning, but he says no. He drinks juice here at home.

Jean: Glad you got the horse and hope nothing is damaged inside. I was leery about ordering from WM because of the fiasco we had with the treadmill a couple years ago. Took them 18 months to quit harrassing us about it and they never even took the thing off the truck. It had been canceled and went straight back to WM and they lost it! I coughed all day yesterday and evening, but nothing breaking up. If I could cough stuff up I know then that it is coming to an end. My throat gets sore from coughing, but it isn't a sore throat.

Well, I need to put dishes away from the dishwasher and resume knitting my dd's handbag strap.

Everyone have a scrumptious Saturday!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #17  

Good Morning, Flowers! I am ready to spit nails!!!!!! The horse that I ordered for Kolby came a couple days ago and this morning Bob took it out of the box to make sure all of the parts were there. The box was wide open when I got home from school . . . you guessed it! The head is missing and also a cone shaped thing that goes around one of the legs on the frame. I was so *(^%$)#@! angry! It's made by Radio Flyer but I ordered it online from Wal Mart (my first BIG mistake) so called RF first . . . "customer service takes calls from 8 - 5, Mon. - Fri.!" GRRR! Next Bob tried the WM 800# and after listening to all of the recordings, push 1, push 2, etc., and being disconnected twice, then waiting another 15 minutes he finally got to talk to a live person. She told him to return it to the store and reorder! Well, according to the WM website we don't have a local store! Over my dead body would I order it from WM again. I plan to give UPS a piece of my mind on Monday . . . you'd think they would have taped the box shut if they found it open. Now I feel better! I did go back online and ordered another horse . . . turned out to be free shipping and a holiday discount so it's cheaper than the WM one! I think I will wait for horse #2 to get here and make sure it has all the parts before I return horse #1.

Maggie -- I usually have good luck ordering merchandise. Since we have such limited shopping I do order quite a bit. Live and learn, I guess. I didn't sleep the best last night again. I've been drinking lots of water which of course means lots of trips to the bathroom during the night. My head clears as soon as I stand up, so I ended up going downstairs and sharing the recliner with 'Mom.' She'd just get settled and I'd have to make a trip to the BR. I'm sure she was frowning at me! I'd come back and she'd be settled in the warm spot I had just left only to have to go through the whole routine again.

"Gma" -- I had forgotten about your treadmill episode, but now I remember. This all makes me HATE WM even more than I did! I will admit that the glue job on the box flaps looked like a half done job . . . not to the edge of the flaps, just a figure eight in the center. I'm not coughing and my headache/pressure is gone, but I'm still blowing my nose. I hope you are feeling better soon!

We are babysitting for Ian and Zowie late this afternoon. Beth is bringing her two over in hopes of getting a Christmas picture of all 4 in front of the tree. I'm thinking "good luck!"

Have a great weekend! Take some time for yourself and breathe deeply!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #18  
Thin Within

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

No snow here but it did rain last night. I love the pitter patter of the rain on the roof. Nice and gently ~ the kind that soaks in and does the land some good. I am baking a cake in my mini bread machine. It is a banana nut cake and I have lightened it using Splenda and egg beaters. It sure smells good as it bakes. I will serve it with low fat cream cheese.

JEAN I am so sorry that your horse was be-headed. What sloppy packaging. I do hope your next one arrives intact. There is enough stress to go around this time of the year without things of that sort happening. I bet "Mom" would like for you to quit with the drinking of so much water.

FAYE Are you going to be doing any baking for this holiday? Since you are going to be through with your knitting I just wondered what you are going to be getting into next. You are one buzy bee. My current desk top theme has the song "A Tennessee Christmas is the only one for me." I sure do miss Tennessee.

Everyone have a lovely weekend.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote