Old 11-27-2006, 01:10 PM   #76  
My Incentive Pic

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Thanks Martiniform!

I finally got it right, thanks for your help! I even added a picture of me in Tulum Mexico from a few years ago. Ive actually blimped out since then but it is a good incentive! I hope to be at least that weight when we go back to Mexico in Feb!
littlegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone! I'm on my lunch hour and have a few minutes to post (I'll send a bigger one tonight)! Thanks to everyone for your support with my son. I'm going to send pictures tonight if I can figure it out along with the signature martiniforme did for us! We decorated the gazebo yesterday and it looks great

I'm reading about the snow every where in the posts and the really odd thing is that we are having the warmest weather ever in Michigan. It was actually in the 50's this weekend and just unheard of. That cold front is going to hit us Wednesday though and I am not looking forward to it

I did ride my bike for 30 minutes yesterday and the gazelle for 15 minutes. My calories were a little higher but that is normal for a weekend. I'm doing better today.

Got to go but I'll check in tonight
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #78  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

1. My original starting weight was 198 - my starting weight as of joining this group is 185.
2. I'm kind of between plans. I do WATP semi-regularly (a few times a week), but I also like Tamilee's "I Want Those..." series for sculpting, and really want to try TurboJam (but I can't afford it).
3. I don't have a specific method. I do portion control more than anything else, I guess. I'm trying to keep up my Fitday, but it's a pain in the butt.
4. I'll try. I'm really bad about daily things though.
5. Weighed in this morning (Monday mornings are my standard day) and was down 1 lb, which is nothing short of miraculous for the weigh-in after Thanksgiving.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:06 PM   #79  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Nikaia:

Hello! Welcome! I seen you in the other thread and clicked the link you posted and its the womens health calculator that I love posting! SOunds like you are already off to a great start!

stopeating

Keep up the great work!

littlegg

The pic is cute. That is a great incentive!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #80  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Thanks for the welcome, Jasmine! I love your avatar, by the way. It amuses me greatly. I knew I couldn't be the only person who had found that calorie calculator; I love the results it gives. It's so specific. And uplifting, seeing as it tells me I could eat 2200 cal/day and maintain this weight. How easy it should be to lose, then! Right? Hehe.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

I just read a great web site on eating before exercise in the morning; they have found a slight amount more fat grams burned if you don't eat before exercise in the morning, but not enough to make up more than a pound in a month compared to eating before exercise in the morning. They say it is more of a preference. I'm sticking with eating before exercise in the morning, that way I am not starving while working out or afterwards and eat the wrong things. http://www.apexfitness.com/html/nutr...rticles/toeat/ it is a great article also spoke about the intensity of the workout.
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:56 PM   #82  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

littlegg: no problem! You look fantastic in that picture. I wish I was going to Mexico in February That's when it's coldest here, haha.

Nikaia: Welcome to our group! I think you'll find this group really helpful. We're trying not to focus as much on weight loss in numbers, but more so getting there, and seeing weightloss as a result

Ann: I'm so jealous of your warm weather
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:02 PM   #83  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Hey guys! I also wanted to share with you this little calendar I made. I'm using it to track my daily fitness minutes. I thought it was cute, so if any of you wanted to print it out or use it or whatever, go ahead!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...7&postcount=18
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:29 PM   #84  

7 chapters later.....

Hi Ladies!
How's everyone doing this fine fall day? It snowed over here for about a minute. I loved it! Don't want to have to drive in it but I sure do think it's pretty.
to all the new people that are here. I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts and for the next couple of weeks I'll just be in and out because of my schedule but I'll be walking, "dieting", and working on my goals.
Martini!!I love the little brand you made. It's so cute! How do I attach it?
Looks like some of you are doing great with the weight loss. That's awesome! Keep up the good work and I'll be back later.

S.
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Hello everyone! Thanks Jasmine I have the avatar loaded and love it! I'm doing well on calories and had 1000 so far today. I need to go exercise now before I go to bed. I love bed time

Anyway I got to read all of the posts and there is so much to respond to. I love reading all of your stories. I am going to check out the website ideas people sent this weekend - week days are crazy for me.

I attached pictures of my son and his summer. The first picture was the day of surgery. The others were taken at the hospital in Minnesota and the last picture was taken tonight that shows him standing unassisted! You can see by the expression on his face, he is one happy kid!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 136.jpg (33.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 138.jpg (20.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 139.jpg (45.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 141.jpg (23.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 147.jpg (30.3 KB, 8 views)
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #86  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Is it too late to join?

Lets see....I am 36 and married and have 2 kids, Samantha who will be 3 in January and Alex who will be 8 weeks tomorrow. I am nursing him so that gives me a few extra calories to use! I have struggled with my weight most of my life and tend to self sabotage when I get close to a healthy weight. Huge family history of obesity related diseases so really have incentive. I have no problem with exercise, since my daughter was born I have been seriously hooked on running, but I am ALWAYS hungry. Portion control is my big downfall, I tend to eat fairly healthy most of the time.

Lets see....
1. 172 ish...I started counting when that initial fast weight loss stopped after having my baby.
2. Running (4-5x/week) and yoga and just starting to add in weights which I havent done in years.
3. I am doing calorie counting for now as my portion control is all out of whack. I lean towards a SouthBeach/whole foods kind of diet, but am not being a stickler on that. More a leaning than a following.
4. I'll check in most days when I can...and if you see me typing without capitals or punctuation it means I am typing one-handed while nursing the wee-one. Some days I am on A LOT
5. My weigh ins tend to be kind of irregular - I try to get the same time of day, pre exercise, and right now with my son's nursing schedule it isnt a regular day.

If you havent figured it out I am chatty
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #87  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good evening everyone!! My goodness but you were a chatty bunch today! and I missed it all!! Well I do have to say that I have been a good girl today eating wise! Oh I've been tempted...but I won! I took my daughter to get her haircut and I tell ya, it really made me think about how much I hate being this size. I feel so frumpy and out of place even just sitting in a waiting chair, like I'm lesser a person. Now I know thats not true but that's how it feels. Only one way to change that and that is to stick to the straight and narrow! Beat those temptations! I havent exercised today but thats okay, i did get alot of stair climbing in at the kids school again today. Tomorrow I'll visit the gym for sure!

stopeating...thanks so much for sharing your family! Your son looks truly ecstatic! I'm so excited for him and your whole family! Way to go on that workout today!!!

sugarbaby...I LOVE the snow! but you are right, no fun to drive in!

mande...you are just a busy busy girl arent you!! Thanks for sharing the calendar and for making us the tag! I love it!!

loveandlaugh....I'm with you! I'd rather eat first. I dont know about you but i tend to lose my appetite after working out and we all know skipping breakfast is a big nono! Not that I'm a morning exerciser at all mind you! LOL!

Nikaia....WELCOME!!! You are gonna love this group, they are simply amazing!! I've learned so much from them already and they are ALWAYS there for us when we need that pick me up!! Good luck to you in your journey!! I'm looking forward to sharing in success with you!

littlegg....there you are!! I'm right there with you on the turkey gain! But we can turn it around and that 2 lbs will poof again soon!! You can do it!! Time for celebrating is over!!

Jeni...we all know its not possible to gain 4 lbs overnight...its all retention. Dont put too much stock in that darn scale...scales are for fish!! You are doing so GREAT with your exercise!! 1500 minutes...holy cow!!! That my girl is an inspiration if ever there was!! I hope you are feeling better!

Jordan....HELLO and WELCOME!!! So nice to meet you!! My daughters name is Jordan too! Good luck with your goals! Congrats on some amazing successes so far!!

Jasmine...the more I read about your ex and all the hastle you have in life because of him the more I think we should all go string him up for ya!! Sheesh!! As usual you are kickin butt and showing us all how its done!! thank you so much for all your honesty and sharing. I just love how much insight you have in your plan. The "new" plan looks great too! Onederland is not far off!!...can ya smell it yet?!

Mia...how's it going? Everyone feeling better?

Whew...okay I think I got everyone! I hope anyway! I hope you are all having a wonderful night!! I'll 'see' you in the morning!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #88  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I will be on tomorrow but just had to run in and say hi to our new healthy chick that just joined us!! Hi Ennay! It is NEVER to late to join! This is a club, no just a challenge! SO people are always welcome to join! Awww a new one. That is awesome! I have 5 myself.

I did want to tell ya real quick that you may want to make sure you are getting enough fiber. That fills ya up quick!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #89  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hi ennay!!! Its never too late to join around here!!! WELCOME to the group!! Your family is beautiful! Keep in mind with the nursing and all your exercise your body is gonna need more calories just to function, so it will need more calories to lose weight I know that sounds weird but that could be why you are hungry all the time. And if your body is hungry all the time its not gonna lose, its gonna hold on to everything it gets. Cant wait to see your successes!! Good luck to you!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #90  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

lol Jasmine, I am the fiber queen - I average about 36-40 grams a day

Hun E - I am hungry ALL the time, always have been my whole life, its not a matter of how MUCH I eat. I could be hungry all the time on 5000 calories a day...seriously. I have had blood sugar issues in the past and if I stick to a diabetes style diet I can be satisfied (ish) on 1700 calories (not when I am nursing!) and if I dont, there is nothing that will satisfy me. Right now I am aiming for 2000-2100/day, except when I run long and then I add another 100 for every mile over 4.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote