Old 10-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #16  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Doing a quickie this morning......on the run today. Hope you gals are having a great day so far and keeping that light burning bright! Everything's peachy on my end, listening to my hunger this week has definitely paid off and I feel so much better all around. The best part is I've eaten whatever I've wanted and even discovered a few of what used to be my favorite "sinful" foods, don't actually taste all that good. Go figure, huh? lol

But anywho, just wanted to pop by and let ya'll know I was thinking of you and wishing you all a fantastic Tuesday!

Check back in with you guys later this evening after all this running around today.
Be good!

danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #17  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello lovelies! Well change of plan, I wont have 2 extra kids after all, which is a HUGE relief to me. I cannot tell you how much 2 little ones do NOT fit into our routine now. I did my baby jail! LOL!

Mia...that is really great info, and something that is very doable. I took a nutrition class a few semesters ago that was more about HOW your body digests and the sciences of your body rather than what to eat. And when we got to talking about weightloss the biggest point was slow slow slow! That 6 week plan would fit right in with that. Thanks for sharing! Oh and on the shakes, I prefer to have some fruit along with my shake so it ends up being about 230ish calories for breakfast.

Sara...you did awesome at the gym the other day!! Its the good burn! LOL!! Keep up the GREAT work!!

Danielle...oh errand day...my fave! LOL!! I hope it wasnt too traumatic!!

Okay, I'm playing hooky from my philosophy class I should take advantage of the extra time, had to check on my favorite losers though! have a great afternoon everyone!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:53 PM   #18  

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Well, we made it! We are staying in a beautiful birch cabin for at least the next week. It feels so good to be out of hotels! Not cooking and cleaning for a month sounds really great...until you've eaten your tenth sandwich. LOL We may stay here all winter - it's really nice - cozy but nice. I looked in the paper yesterday for other rentals but there wasn't much that compared to how nice this place is and we don't want to buy anything until spring after we've decided this is the area we want to stay in.

Anyway, it's time to get on the wagon again. I would love to break out my TAEBO or TURBOJAM dvd's but there is just not room in this little place. We've got beautiful mountains to climb though and it's supposed to start snowing tonight so hopefully we can get out the snowshoes and cross country skies very soon. I would rather be outside anyway - as long as the kiddos can take it.

I can start with the changes in food though. I'm back on my water regime so that is good. (It's REALLY nice to have a potty at hand again!) LOL I tried not to drink too much while we were on the road all day - for obvious reasons - and now it's like I can't get enough...which is good I guess.

Tomorrow will be our start of getting 'back to normal' routine. Up and at em early and get some school work started with a planned outside break after lunch then a good walk or something after school. I am such a 'routine' person - it will be good to get everybody back on task (as much as possible with a two year old in tow)...

Okay, I better run. I hope your all having a great OP day! I'll check in tomorrow.
AlaskanMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:02 AM   #19  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Hey Everyone,

I know i'm horrible. I'm sorry. ive had roommate drama...and for the first time i'm not the one fighting with everyone else!!!. My new roommate is bipolar and her moods are all over the place, plus her bf always pisses her off and makes it worse. my great grandpa died friday morning and then today i heard that a family friend past away over the weekend from a heart attack. Why does bad stuff always some in clumps??? Oh well. Ive been off any my eating plan. I think i'm going to break down and go to WW. I think right now i need all the support i can get. Oh well...

AlaskanMelody- It sounds gorgeous...Personally i'm not a snow person...well i'm not a cold weather person, but i love to go for a few weeks to ski or snowboard. good luck with getting back on plan. i always crave water if i havent had it in a while. its really good!!!

Melissa-lol i dont think i could handle that many kids either. My cousin has 3 boys and OMG. Everytime i call i'm reminded why i dont want to be a mother for a veeeeeeeeeeery long time, or at all. I'll stick with dogs and cats for a while. I hope everything goes okay with your cousin MIL. Ill pray for her. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

CartersMomma- lol sounds like my saturday...so many drunk momments and stupid stories i could tell but i'm going to save myself the embarrasement!!!

Danielle- Glad everything is goind good. Ive noticed the same with the food. Even with candy that i used to love and now its like...what the **** was i thinking!!! keep it up chick!!

Mia- Goodluck chick. Ive been on something like that but it was for anorexic girls and much more restrictive...it works though...good luck!!!

Sara- thats awesome...i need someone to give me a nice kick in the *** for me to get in the gym, but if i make it thru the first 2 weeks i'm good. I'm going to start going back friday. I would do it tomorrow but well they way my roommates left the livingroom and kitchen, to clean that thing is a 4 hour workout in itself!!!!

Where is everyone else???? Oh well i guess its bed time...night ladies!!!
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:14 AM   #20  
Melissa

Good Morning! Well we made it out to dinner and i did alright, skipped cocktails..Yay!! But allowed bread w/ butter and had a few bites more than I needed. Oh and I had a slip up! I was at the mall getting dh a present and i got myself a slice of pizza for lunch, this was the greasiest pizza you could ever imagine! Not a good choice for sure! Plus I found these sugar free dark dove chocolate truffles...OMG! I love dove dark chocolate these are amazing!! Gotta stay away from those, even sugarfree they are 190 calories for 5 truffles.

Its getting so cold here!! Gotta get the flannel sheets out tonight I think. Plus my girls dont have flannels so i think I'll be doing a little shopping today for that. Winter is breathing down our necks!!

Melody...Welcome home!!! Or as home as its gonna be for awhile! You sound so happy, and I'm thrilled for you! What part of alaska are you in again? You might have said before but i cant remember. My sister lives up there and my mother lived in Homer for years. did you get that snow?

Britt...hey!!!! Oh we've missed you! Dont stay gone for so long next time girl! I'm sorry you are having roomie issues. Thats not a good environment to be in day in and day out. Support is definetly HUGE in trying to lose weight. I'll be here for ya whenever you need!! We can do this!!

Bonnie...I hope everything is okay, let us know!

Have a wonderful day everyone!! Be good to you! make all your choices the best they can be!

~melissa
Old 10-25-2006, 10:31 AM   #21  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good morning Ladies so far I am doing good jest freezing my butt off here. It was in the low 30s last two nights and this house hold the cold. I better start buying Plastic for the winter or I will have a major Light Bill. I dont know what happened to me yesturday it felt like I had taken medcine that made me feel like I was in a daze and druged up But I didnt take a thing. I woke up at 10:30 ( Unlike Me) and was ready to hit the bed by 10 last night. I am feeling better I still am having allergies problems Now I think with all the runny nose and sneezing that I have gotten a cold to Congestion so now I am taking meds for that.

Dont forget that BL is on tonight. I have to get back into working out it makes me feel so good but when I feel down and depressed I dont feel like doing any thing. I need to. I have to. I will see what I can do today. Have soo much stuff to do here . Seems Like my day jest repeats itself any more. On the Bright side I think my two DD's are going to spend the weekend at my sisters house . She is having a halloween party on sat and we are going to be Joining them up their.
Well I better get busy the house dont clean it self.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:52 PM   #22  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone i relasped i had some Mcd fries the other night and lets just say i had some again last night i havent restarting my challenge or my transition diet man i need motivation i kind of stressed out so i find myself craving sweets hopefully soon i will snap out of it anyways good going everyone ill catch up to you guys soon butterfly i know what you mean i feel disgusted with myself right now well guys talk to you later i need to go get my priorities straight.
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:55 PM   #23  
I can do it this time.

Okay ladies, I need major motivation.... I need to lose 8lbs to hit my 20lbs lost mark. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 273. My first goal is 265... thats when I'm going to buy my Gilmore Girls 6 box set. I feel like I need my girls help! Please kick my butt if I don't keep on the right track!
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:07 AM   #24  
Melissa

Good Thursday Morning!! Yesterday was a pretty successful day again. I did great on my meals just had a couple of times where I reached for candy and shouldnt have. I didnt totally overdue it but those couple calories here and there add up. So I'm gonna focus on not doing that today. Tomorrow is another WI for me!

Bonnie...I'm so sorry to hear how things have been going lately. Do you journal? It can really be a huge help to get those feelings out and find out whats going on inside. did you happen to catch Oprah this week when she had the ladies on who had Weight loss surgury and didnt get to the bottom of why they had the weight to begin with so they transferred their addictions from food to alcohol, drugs or sex. Very interesting stuff. Depression can make you feel drugged like that. Anyway, I hope there is some sunshine in your day. I havent watched last nights BL yet, I hope blue did something! LOL! chin up Bonnie! We are here for you!

Mia...no more frenchfries! LOL! Addictive little suckers arent they! Time to get that control back though, I know you can do it! You are worth it!

Sara....You can do this!!! You are so close to hitting that first goal! Just think how amazing its gonna feel to say...yep I've lost 20 lbs!! And what a great reward you've got laid out! Just take it one step at a time, make it through today thinking about each choice and how its gonna effect your goals. You can reach that goal in no time at all! I know you can!! Here we go Sara....2...4...6...8....we will lose this freakin weight!!

I hope everyone has a great day today, if your are lurking say hello!! We could use the support!!

~melissa
Old 10-26-2006, 10:14 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyones morning is starting of wonderful!! I just woke up, so I thought I would check in with you ladies!!

I am doing pretty good here, DH has realized how bad I want this so he is helping me out here with the food. He gave me more veggies last night with dinner and he took more meat. haha. Weds are my cook-free nights since I get home at like 6:30 from the gym, so he takes over that area then.

I have some bad news.. boo.. I just found out I have to have some surgery and will be on pelvic rest for 6 weeks, they said no running and no exercising. So no more spin and no mor epilates starting Nov. 8th. I am bummed, but I have to have this taken care of. So the good news is, is I am working out like a mad man before the 8th so I will just be able to eat better during that time.

Melissa- Sounds like you are doing great!!! Keep up the good work lady!!!

Bonnie- Sorry you arent feeling well!!! I hope you start to feel better soon!

Sara- you can do it!!! You know you can, and you will be able to watch G.G. over and over. I am going to miss that show when it is over. I want to live in Starshallow.. haha!!

Britt- Sorry to hear about everything that you are going through. It always seems that things do come in clumps. Its not fun. You will make it through this I know it, we are all here for you girl!

Mia- a couple fries arent bad!! You cant ban yourself from everything or you will end up wanting it more and more.

Danielle- Hey lady! That is great about the foods not tasting as good!! I wish I had that issue!!!

Hi to anyone else that I missed!!!!

I am leaving tomorrow for the weekend again. I have an engagement party to go to up in my parents area and its my moms bday weekend. See you all on monday and everyone have a great weekend!!!!
CartersMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #26  
I can do it this time.

Good Morning Ladies! Thanks Melissa and Stacia! Yesterday I went to Walmart and in the guys section I found 2 pairs of track pants (sweat pants the ones that are smooth like nylon) so I can wear to the gym. I'm totally stoked about hitting the gym today and getting those 8 pounds off. Mel your cheer was so cute! I think at the gym today I'm going to sing that in my head if I feel like I'm struggling! he he.

Stacia did they say you can only not excersize standing up? I know thats a funny question but my co-worker who is over 300lbs bought this Chair Dancing and another dvd I think it's called Sitting Tai Chi and She says it a real workout. You probably should rest anyways couldnt hurt getting a little R&R and I will be here waiting for you when you get out of surgery. If you cant come online maybe you can have DH let us know everything went ok? or give one of us a call.

Mel- Good Job on the successful day... They really should band Halloween Candy. I kind of wish I hadn't bought ours.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:23 PM   #27  

Good Mornig Ladies,

Well, today HAS to be a better day than yesterday. I had a hot dog and chips for lunch with the kids and a sloppy joe and more chips for dinner. I felt like I was going to vomit all night. No more of that.

Lunch is so hard for me. I have great plans then I end up eating with the kids of just grabbing something 'fast' - which is never good - and then I feel terrible. I have to make the effort and make sure I have something good. Do any of you have the kids/lunch issue?

Danielle - I hate errand day...hope you got it all in. I wish my 'sinful' food would start tasting bad! LOL Good for you!

Bonnie - I was so bummed because I missed BL last week. I caught it last night though! Hope you are feeling better today.

Brit - Roomates....UGH! Hang in there.

Mia - Step away from the fries! Fries bad. LOL

Melissa - Good job with that candy. You are such a motivation! We are north of Anchorage. It's so beautiful here.

Stacie - Very cool that DH is being so helpful! Have a great weekend.

Okay, I better run. Have a great day Ladies.
AlaskanMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #28  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Melissa I did happen to catch Oprah and I can tell you I sure was susprised. Thats one things I have always told myself I couldnt do gastric bypass. But Yes you do make a point and so did they you ahve to know whats inside before you can change the out side. So I have decided to get a notebook and start working on somethings . I will encourage everyone to post too. My Life wasnt very good . But I do think this will help. If any one has a chance please do the same. Some of us may be more alike then we think . I know Bob also encourages this too.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #29  

hi everyone! i didnt watch oprah but i watched maury and they were talking about disaster surgeries lets put it this way if i was ever thinking about gastric bypass or tummy tuck im not anymore.
sara- we are both in the same boat needs a kick in the butt from time to time
melody- i know the feeling when i eat something i really dont need i feel sick also
Stacia please keep us updated and get well soon
im dreading halloween and then its thanksgiving and then xmas
i guess i need to start on my transition so that i can make smarter choices during those times
Butterfly50- please tell me more about the notebook idea

do anyone know a healthy recipe for sweet potatoe pie?

what if we do a healthy food choice or recipe for the day or week?
it would be great to learn from one another

Last edited by miafluker; 10-26-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #30  

okay my food recommendation is if you absolutly have to have pizza here are some options whole grain or wheat bagels or flat bread with your choice of meat 2% or no fat shredded chez and pizza sauce has very little calories in it or if your watching sodium you can use no salt added tomato sauce

also they have the whole wheat dorgino pizza(im going to try that) and of course the lean cusine oven brick