Old 08-30-2006, 05:43 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another beautiful day in my neighborhood! Oh, how I wish this weather would last for a long time! It's so nice to have windows open and fresh air in the house. School was same old thing on a different day. *sigh* WW is tonight and I'm out of the mood to go, but know that I should. Our summer pass expired last week so have to either renew online or buy the coupons again. I don't like the idea of renewing each month online.

"Gma" -- I will send positive thoughts and prayers your way. I will be thinking of you tomorrow! We have some Sudanese families in town and they are even blacker than the Negroes! If they didn't have white teeth and white around their eyes it would be scary! I am always surprised at the number of people who walk in the morning before it gets light and after dark at night, but wear dark clothing. I did get the new catalog and whatever I was looking for at the time (children's winter pjs) wasn't in there! I was to go online and they weren't there either! I haven't ordered out of the catalog since our store closed and I'm still getting them for some reason. I do shop at Penneys and use my charge card to get the extra % off so maybe that is why. I would think if that guy only has 10% of his heart working, he isn't going to have to worry about having a job nor insurance.

Susan -- I hope you get a surgery date soon! It's so hard to wait! I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way too.

Guess I will head off to WW to face the iron monster. Have a nice evening and a terrific Thursday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #17  

Good evening gals! I won't be able to get in here tomorrow morning as we have to be at the hospital by 6 AM so I thought I would post this evening.

Boy, I am madder than a hornet. We stopped at Krogers to pick up a couple things to take to the hospital tomorrow and I wanted to get some $1 bills for the vending machines as I wasn't sure if I was going to have to stay put for any length of time. The grocery has a Sun Trust bank in it and I walked up and ask for the bills telling the snooty woman that I needed them for the vending machines at the hospital as my husband was having a heart procedure tomorrow. She REFUSED because I didn't have an account with them . I guess they have special bills that are only able to be given to account customers! I can't believe that. You know me, I have a big mouth and I said loud enough for people to hear that I would drop dead before I had an account with them and it is pretty sad when a person can't even get change for hospital vending machines from a BANK! I went to the customer service desk of Krogers and ask them if they would change it out and they did.

Susan: I LIKE egg beaters so I will probably use them more than anything. Thanks for some of the suggestions. I am not going to start this until we get back from Indiana because it will be too hard being on Phase one and traveling and such, but I am excited. I wasn't sure I would like it, but I think I really will. It isn't as tough as people make it out to be even on Phase I. I guess if you are a huge carb eater like bread and such and sugar is hard for most people, but I can handle going without both those things. My 6 year old GRANDSON loves kid's Soduko puzzles and even helps his dad and Granddad with theirs. Jack can do the expert ones and loves the darn things too. I look at the darn thing, break out in a cold sweat and feel nauseous! Jack has tried to get me interested, but uh-uh, just don't like them. I do like different styles of pencil puzzles though and bought myself a book of them and am taking it and a novel to the hospital with me tomorrow. The stupid catherization takes anywhere from 2-4 hours. I too, hope you guys can get a date and get this over with. The waiting is the worst. Face it, do it, then get on with your life. I am sure your poor husband is at that point in all of this mess, bless his heart.

Jean: Hope the ole was good to you tonight. Sounds like you have SUCH exciting school days. I noticed the new catalogue was mostly home furnishings it looked like. I am always looking for something in that realm for one room or another. I did find a nice shirt, tie and dockers for my son for his birthday in October in an earlier one though. I just have to remember to sit down and order the darn thing.

I am supposed to have the director of the Tennessee Tricare office calling me about this whole insurance mess. I plan on nicely letting her know that the crazy woman at the local office needs to be fired. At this point, I just want them to pay the bills and be done with it. We have never had a problem with Tricare until this. They have always paid on time and we have never had any kind of issues except when I fell in the restaurant and we couldn't get an orthopedic surgeon that would take Tricare to see me because there were third party issues. That wasn't Tricare's fault.

I guess I better get things around for tomorrow. We are planning ahead in case he has to stay and taking a pair of clean undies, socks, and pj's along with his puzzle book.

Oh, Jack called me this morning and said his boss, the maintenance supervisor, went to the doctor thinking he had the flu since last Friday (this was on Monday.) His blood pressure was 280/190!! The doctor called an ambulance and said he was being taken straight to the hospital, which happened to be across the street from his doctor's. He said he wanted to go to St Francis, which is the hospital we use and is over here by us; about 8 miles away. The doctor told him no, that he wouldn't live to get to the hospital if they brought him here. I can't believe with blood pressure like that and probably like that the whole weekend the man didn't just stroke out and die! He is in intensive care and isn't even well enough to do any kind of procedures on him. Even a catherization has to wait until next week when he is stable! I guess he is a light one from the one your smoking kind of cigarette smoker and about 100 lbs overweight so I am sure that contributed to any problem he had too. Poor man, I do feel for him and his family.

I need to go and put away the basket of laundry. You gals have a great Thursday and I will let you know asap how things went. Thanks for all the good thoughts!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 08-30-2006 at 07:43 PM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:36 PM   #18  

Faye, I hope the results are good for you today. Still waiting for dh surgery date. It's amazing at what poor shape people can be in and still walking around.

Jean, now that Labor Day is here, WW will be crowded for the next few weeks with all those who want to get some pounds off before the holidays.

Rain is continuing, predicted all the way through next Tuesday so I guess our drought will be over.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:25 PM   #19  

Well gals, things could have gone a LOT better. The blockage is below his current stent and as such they could neither get a good ultrasound nor could the doctor even get a 1 mm wire through the catheter and the blockage so he has to have double bypass surgery. I guess the doctor said because he couldn't see to put another stent in he would be doing it blind and that would be too dangerous.

He sees the vascular surgeon on Tuesday for a consult. He had to have his neck veins ultrasounded too to make sure he has no blockage in his neck so he doesn't stroke out.

The money situation is going to be ugly, but looks like my dd and sil are going to pay our mortgage for a couple months until he can get back to work. With this, we may be able to eek it out ok if I make no mistakes and pay all the bills ahead through November. Thank God for the Navy Retirement or we would be totally sunk. We just have to get the doctor to wait until the 11th to do the surgery, which is a week from Monday.

Thanks for the prayers lady, I sure do need them. I am so ashamed that I have totally fallen apart with this and I wanted to be so strong for Jack and take as much burden off him as I could.

Hugs to you all! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:42 PM   #20  
Web Nana

Faye: The prayers will continue! It may seem bleak at the moment but after the surgery when Jack is back to his old self it will be a whole new world. That is so good the your dd & sil will help you out during this difficult time. It is alright to fall apart a bit and I know how strong you are so that won't last long. During this whole time remember to also take care of yourself. Gloria
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote