Old 08-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #106  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Danielle....the pizza man snuck over!!!! But I really wasnt too bad. Have I told you lately I love your incites? 99% mental for SURE!! Thats what it so important we all have each other. I had to laugh at your diet ADD LOL!
Do you think I can take my Ritalin for diet ADD????
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:25 PM   #107  
I can do it this time.

Danielle. You dont realize how proud I am of you. I know I always have to take Matt with me when I go shopping. I try to Con myself into thinking I could eat that... nothing wrong with just that. The other day I asked my sister if I could have her snickers. Luckily she knew that I really didnt want the snickers in the end so she said No. I was glad she did because I didnt want to either. Not caving is really hard. No one said weight loss was easy. I am so glad that you didnt cave and you stuck to your gun. I am SO proud of you.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:45 PM   #108  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello all.

I just wanted to drop in for a quick hello. I won't be able to do personals right now. Probably not until tomorrow morning. I haven't even been able to catch up on everyone's posts so far. I hate that I'm not getting an opportunity to get to know you new chickies.

I wanted to thank all of you again for all your support yesterday during the "meltdown". I decided to sleep in this morning, and skip the morning workout, to see if maybe I was working out too much. Although the extra sleep was nice, I was still tired. I didn't even feel like getting dressed for work. So when I came in today I requested off the Tuesday and Wednesday after Labor Day. Five days off in a row! Yes!

Another thing I did was to buy a single sized packet of almonds to have for a mid-morning snack. So, I haven't had any cravings today. I'll pick up a container of them today, measure out the servings and put them in little bags, so I don't eat too many of them. That would be all too easy to do with nuts. Also, I've heard that Trader Joes carries Greek yogurt. From the way it's described it sounds similar to yocheese. Yogurt with the whey completely drained. Therefore it has a much thicker consistency. I think it will make a good snack to have between lunch and dinner.

And heres the BIG news (drumroll please)............ I'm down one less pound! So I'm at 233 now! My weigh in is not until Friday, but I'm becoming a bit of a scale junkie. That's not good. I know. But at least the news was good, right?

Trish, I read about you having dizzy spells. I've read about that happening quite to people on induction. I don't know if it's necessarily normal though. Please get enough water and don't skip getting enough good veggies. Maybe ask the ladies on the Atkins section of this board. I'm sure they'll have some good info for you.

Until later.

Last edited by Amany; 08-23-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #109  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Amanda, so glad to see you chick! Congrat's on the 1 pound.....moving down.....woo hoo!! Almonds are one of my all time favorite snacks...altho portion control is something to be desired. I finally told dh to hide them. LOL Never have bought the greek yogurt...it's pricey isn't it? I have a yogurt strainer so I just buy the whole fat yogurt and drain to my hearts content. Love that stuff!! The longer you drain, the thicker it gets. Sometimes I love to let it get extra thick and then sweeten & add some sf cheesecake pudding to it...divine! I hope you have a really great day and that the tiredness subsides...I feel ya there..been struggling myself. Hang in there lady, you're doing fantastic!!

Sara, thank you so much for the support. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I wanted to just grab all that junk and head home and eat!!! So glad I didn't. The support here on this thread has been tremendous and I attribute my success to it. Hope today is going well for you!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #110  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

DANIELLE you just made my day. That was so impressive what you did at the store. I haven't went to the store yet since I actually started the diet. So I don't know if I could have fought off those demons. But you did and that is so outstanding.

What you wrote in your last paragraph on that message was so inspiring. The support in this great is overwhelming and I love it. The last five sentences in your message is how we all should be thinking and behaving.

Go DANIELLE, GO DANIELLE! GO!
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:01 PM   #111  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

PS Ment group not great, sorry
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #112  
I can do it this time.

Is anyone else having trouble with drinking water? I just started on my 3rd water bottle its 11:30am here in HI and i really feel like i want to drink something else. Luckily I have no soda at work so I dont have that option

Also has anyone bought hand weights, i saw these hand weight gloves at beachbody.com and i've been wondering how good they work. I might get them but not sure
heres what im talking about http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?it...emType=GATEWAY
Old 08-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #113  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Danielle - You were so right! That Greek yogurt cost four times as much as comparably sized yogurt. Way to rich for my blood. I just bought some plain instead. I'm going to use some coffee filters for strain it.

Ok, I'm off to the regular grocery store now. I'll try to check back in later.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #114  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone!! We just got home from the mall and my leg is KILLING me so I'm gonna skip personals this afternoon and go ice it on the couch! but, I'm sure I'll be back tonight! Just had a few things that couldnt go without saying!

Welcome Kandice!!! Congrats on your marriage! I think its almost better to not have something important that you are trying to lose for, takes the pressure off and you can make it more about making healthy choices and getting a fit and healthy lifestyle! You've got a great attitude and I know you'll reach those goals!! Good luck to you!! Cant wait to get to know you even better and cheer you on to success!!

Danielle...I cannot tell you how proud I am of you for overcoming the grocery store. I know what a terror that place can be for you but you won! You won the battle!! I'm so happy for you right now I could just scream!! You are my rock and that just proved it!!

Sara..I'm with you on water today, being out at the stores has left me high and dry! I've only had 2 smaller glasses of icewater and I'm parched!!

Okay, I'm not forgetting anyone I promise I just really need to find that icepack soon!! Keep on shining ladies!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #115  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Amanda, I told you that greek stuff was spendy! I figure why bother when I can do my own at home? Let me know how the coffee filters work out. I've heard of people doing paper towels but that somehow bothers me. LOL

Trish, aw hon, thanks so much for the nice words. YOU made my day with your compliments. I really really hope that whenever the urge pops up again that I will be able to remember to THINK then follow thru. It's awful to just "black out" and binge and then feel so guilty afterwards. 99% of the time the guilt feels worse than the actual act. Horrible cycle!

Some times I really wish that I had been "born" with another type of addiction. Seriously, at least if it were cigarettes or drugs, I at least wouldn't have to feel like I battle it all day long, 24/7, 365 days a year. Having to eat to fuel my body everyday and the demons that coexist with this is alot different than trying to stay away from alcohol or drugs for the most part..... Does anybody understand this way of thinking? Sometimes I feel like I am the only person in this world with food addiction. My husband, god love 'em, just doesn't get it. While he expresses concern, he just isn't able to connect with me on this level at all.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #116  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Sara, I'm sorry the water is a struggle today. Maybe try some crystal light in there or there are flavored waters on the market- Fruit2o, VitaminWater,SobeeWater. And I'm pretty sure all the grocery chains have store brands. Thats all I can think of for now. I don't care for the flavored stuff but I know that it's helped lots of people get that water in daily, so it might help you out. Do you drink it real cold? I find that the only way I can get down alot is if it's cold. While plain is always best, but if adding some flavor will help you get it down, I say go for it as long as it's sugar free. Hope someone can come along and help you out some more! And nope, I'm afraid I can't help with the weight thingy either. LOL
Old 08-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #117  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Sara, Amanda has been working out with hand weights lately, I think. She may be able to give you more on that. I haven't used hand weights.

Anna, Aqua, Stacy, Caroline, Laramie Hope that all is okay with you guys.

Ciao!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:50 PM   #118  
I can do it this time.

Thanks danielle, I think I will try those different kinds. I'm almost finished with my 4th one. hehe.

Elycia, thanks for letting me know. I'll have to ask Amanda more about it later.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:28 PM   #119  

Smile

Butterfly50 - Hope the kids enjoyed back to school! I was always cool with back to school the first week or so... lol... Way to go on the 8 pound loss! Oh my gosh, isn't that an awesome feeling? YAH!!!!! BAYBAY!!!!!!

Sugar-N-Spice- Today was a pretty good day! I know what you mean thugh about "just stop doing it" I mean, it's common sense, but if it was that easy we would. No one like to be compulsive on something that is making them feel bad. I'm actually surprised he said that, but I guess he was trying to let you know the struggle was mental and if you stopped it would solve the problem. LOL, I don't hear Tony Little when I hear the phrase "you can do it" I hear the guy who played Deuce Bigelow... when he used to pop in on those Adam Sandler movies and say "You can Do IT!!!!" .lol... I have often thought the same thing about a different addiction. Not drugs or smokes, but perhaps a sports addict or something... sex addiction (monogomous) ? lol... That's a good one! Seriously, I know what you mean. This is hard, but we will make it.

lovethatsara- I can go to the grocery store and be okay, but going through the ice cream aisle is rough. I have a major addiction to sugar. I used to eat a lot of Haagan Daaz, Swiss chocolate, etc... I love the very rich stuff. I murdered my old waistline with it though. I can drink water without a hitch. I like water though. I think you can train yourself to become accustomed to it. Sugar-N-Spice is right, fruit2o or something like that might be a good way for you to go into a water regimine. I would alternate. One fruit2o, regular water, that way you can get used to plain water. Water loves you! You are water!

Amany- Congratulations on your one pound loss!!!! WOO HOO!!! Hi Amany! I have some sort of meltdown on a daily basis. I'm getting better at pushing past them with each day though, but like I said yesterday, I think I will get to a point in my life where I am a healthy choice maker- but there is always that threat of going back to old ways. It is in my nature to desire sugar and run too far with it. Basically I will have to make sure I don't take my smaller frame for granted when it finally arrives. I will have to appreciate all I went through to ge there and never forget how to avoid getting larger. Very serious and difficult thing to admit to myself and face, but if I don't I will never remain in recovery from my addiction and the wrath it causes. Good idea with the almonds! That is so healthy too!

sapphire35- Hi sweetie!

Hun.e.B- Hope your leg gets to feeling better.

u2girl- Hi! I hope you are well today too!
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #120  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Has anyone tried using butter spray? Tonight for dinner, we had baked cod, baked potato, pasta and green beans. For my potato, I used the butter spray and to my surprise it was very good. The beauty of it is there are no calories and NO FAT. One of those rare little goodies. I just wanted to share that in case anyone may want to try it. It saved me so much fat and calories from using regular butter.

Ciao!
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote