Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 06:13 AM   #46  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Good Morning Ladies! Its a long one, get your coffee first! lol!

Good Morning, Ladies!

YES! Our bed arrived Thurs. (8/17) morning! OMG ya'all it is SOOO TALL! Infact so tall, I cannot get up in it by myself! Hub has to kinda give me a "Shove"! So we plan on getting a step stool for me to use!

But it is so pertty with the new sheets and all, only thing is now the old blanket we have hanging on the window looks real tacky! LOL! But I will soon address that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They delivered our bed around 10 a.m. yesterday morning (Thursday) and we made it up and went back to sleep! I think I fell straight to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow!!!!!!!!!!! Also when I got up, NO BACK PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Well our "fireside chat" was cancelled yesterday (Thurs), only nobody bothered to call us until we were literally down the st. from work!!!!!! BUT hub benefited from it anyways and got some training in while he was there. I visited with my old dayshift co-workers who I never get to see anymore. They were as excited (if not more) to hear about my bed and the great "Bargins" I found for the new bedding and all.

After that we went out and got something to eat before we had to go back and actually "work". We ate at Macaroni Grill, if you all don't have one in your area, its an Italian Restaurant. I didn't think I did too bad actually. I got a house salad, ate about half of that, got the Pasta Milano, which is bowtie pasta with sun-dried tomatoes (LOVE those!), mushrooms and chicken. I only ate 1/2 of that, IF even that and had the chickadee box it up for me to avoid temptation! Then I turned down dessert! Which is rare if we go there because I absoultely love their Lemon Cake! But I was actually FULL!!!!!!!!

Soooooooooo there ya go gals................Now If can just get my behind exercising, I'd be doing not so bad! lol.

OH if any of you want to see the Mama Cat and her Babies, that is here at our Apt. complex, pls PM or email me (if you have my email) and I'll send you the link. Our friend took pictures and some video while he was here and uploaded the video. He thinks he has found a home for the Mama Cat too.

The little ones are getting SO big now and are out and about playing, which makes us very nervous being they are in the parking lot, but they do tend to steer clear of moving vehicles. When we got home from work this morning, Mama was waiting for us, as usual and one of the little ones came running to me!

Our neighbor is taking care of Mama and her babies too. (feeding and watering) so they are getting lots of love, food & water.

Also I think I told you all about my husband working on our apt. complex's office computer? Well the Owners are tickled pink with him and what he did and so he spoke with one of the owners today and she said that they will knock off $200 off of our rent next month! Hub has to go over tomorrow to fix a spreadsheet that she needs fixing and I told him that since they own other apt. complex's and even a hotel, I bet now she will think of him when they need any computer work! Or at least I can hope because hub said that we could take $$ off of our rent as payment! Which is fine with us!!!!!

Oh and next month we are taking off of work for my bday and our anniversary, we were talking about where we want to go. So we decided on just getting in the car and driving and seeing where we end up! Will be fun to just go and have no schedules or anything!!!!!!!!!

Well I guess I rambled on long enough!

I will now go to Indiv.

Norma -- WTG with the Willpower Chickie!

Robin -- Guess ours isn't the only one with funky hours, what is up with that? lol. Yup, as you see above, the bed came yesterday (Thurs.) morning! YIPPEE!!!!!! Wow how scary with the shootings being so close to you! Be careful! There was a little boy missing in our friend's neighborhood!! As far as I know they haven't found him yet! I beleive he was only 4 - 6 years old, not very old!

Marti -- Hello to you!!!!!!!

Jane -- Glad you and Ruth are having a good time!!!!!!! Enjoy yourselves!

Sue -- Hello as you drive by! lollllllll. Have you tried the WW snack cakes they have?? I was wondering if they were any good?????

Hello to all of you out there in "Lurkdomville"! lolllllll.

Have a Wonderful Day Everybody!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:52 AM   #47  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Girls!!

I'm so behind here! Let's see if I can attempt to catch up on my individuals!

Sassy--The bed sounds great! Now I may have missed it, but did you get a special mattress?? Waking up to no back pain would be fantastic. How wonderful that your landlord will take $$ off for your hubby's work!! That saves so much when it comes time to pay the rent! Way to go Hubby!!

Robin--The WeightLoss program your on, is this something you decided to do on your own or did your doctor suggest it? And the question you asked way back : What is Jhanai? She's my 12yr old daughter. And my grandpa was building a shed when he fell. He's 86yrs old and doesn't know when to stop!!

Jane--I'm so glad you and Ruth are having a great time together!! What a wonderful thing for her to come visit!! Jhanai is knitting scarves. Can you believe it?? She has that great tool she uses, so it's easier than kitting needles. She only make a few.

Sue--I already tell a difference in your personality w/the change in your eating. You write in a "happy, energetic" way! Must mean you're doing fantastic!! And I think that is so great! I've been "eyeballin" my portions, but I'm thinking that I need to get my scale down for some of the portions I eat. I want to make an impact on the scale when I WI.

Norma--You did great when you took the kids to McDonalds!! I give you an A+ too! Taking the kids out is always a test isn't it? When I'm w/my DD, I always try to pick something healthy. But the last time we hit McDonalds, she got a grilled Chicken sandwhich and I got a Big Mac.......hmmmm....and I wonder why the scale is up?!

Cristina--How is the patio coming along? Is it all done? I bet its beautiful!! Pop in when you get a chance.

MaryKate--How are you feeling? Hope your arms are starting to feel better. I keep thinking of you!! You're in my thoughts!

Angie--Miss you! How are you doing. Please pop in when you get a chance to say hello.

Michelle--How are you? Pop in soon and catch us up!!

Jules--Miss you too!! Hope to hear from you soon!!

Everyone else I may have missed.......HELLO!!

Ok....time to do a little browsing then do my WATP!

Chat w/you all soon.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:35 AM   #48  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

TY Marti- I am definitely feeling better. I just hope I can keep it up. I have taken to measuring portions again...funny how we think we know what they should be then over time they just grow.

Sassy- Your new bed sounds wonderful. If you wole up without a back ache that is a super plus. No, I have never tried the WW cakes. I bet they are good though.

I got up early and walked over 2 miles. I ate my oatmeal and now I am doing laundry. Later I will go to the library and drugstore.

Cristina- Where are you..and Michelle, Jules, Mary Kate, Angie...Come out, come out, wherever you are. We want to hear how you are!

Robin, Norma, Jane..Know you are busy, so have a nice week-end if I don't "talk" to you.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #49  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sassy - your new bed sounds wonderful, and it's great that you woke up w/no backache. You did a good job at the Macaroni Grill. All these little things add up, don't they? YAY for the reduced rent - your DH may be on to something there.

Marti - measuring can really make a difference. When I started measuring, one thing that I really had to cut back on was cereal. I had been putting way too much in my bowl. But with vegetables, like corn and peas, and also with peanut butter, I overestimated a portion.

Sue - you're doing great, both with the food and exercise.

Hello to everyone else reading this.

Ruth left earlier this morning, and I was sad to see her go. She's a fascinating woman with lots of life experiences to share, and she has the most delightful laugh. Our visit was much too short.

Today I need to go grocery shopping but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to town or not. It looks like rain, and I think I'm just going to veg out with a good book.

I'll bbl,
Old 08-18-2006, 12:28 PM   #50  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! Have to do a quickie here. TGIF TGIF TGIF

Marti... sorry I should have said Who is - that was rude of me. How do you pronounce it? I love unique names (my girls names aren't unique anymore but they were close when they were little - Kylie & Kelsey)

I decided to do this plan on my own. Why not? I tried everything else & I refuse to give up. Now I have something that works

Have a super weeked to everyone - I have a meeting & then I am sneaking out of here! LOL
Old 08-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #51  
GmaTo8

We're up to 50 again. See you at Weight Loss & Chit Chat #208.
Closed Thread