Old 08-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It has started to in my corner of the world; the day has been cloudy and humid although not hot. I'd rather have the hot than the humidity. I spent my day at school sorting through books and cleaning out the teacher's desk -- she must have enough post-it notes, pencils, pens, markers, and paper clips to supply the whole school! I think she just opened drawers and threw stuff in without ever organizing and cleaning them out. I may have a drawer all to myself yet.

"Gma" -- It is really too bad that your pool is closing so early since your corner of the world will still be warm enough to swim outside for quite awhile yet. I knew I would be doing study halls which is no problem as that is what I have done in the past. I am mad that I won't be going into algebra because they have new books this year and I would like to be there in case I have to help someone in study hall. The study hall problem comes in where I have to go to the BD room. BD stands for Behavior Disorder . . . most of these kids have normal intelligence, but they can't behave themselves. When they were younger they acted out they ended up in the BD part of special ed. In my humble opinion the district should kick them out the front door when they throw their temper tantrum or whatever. They can go work in the packing house and learn life's lessons the hard way. Most of them have been in trouble with the law and are court ordered to attend school which makes it worse for those of us who have to put up with them. There are two who have a form of Asperger's (sp?) and have had one-on-one aides through the elementary and middle school, but we don't do that at the high school. It's a big shock for them to get dumped into the halls with 700+ other students let alone handle a class of 25 - 30 students on their own. The BD aide will be going into some classes with these two and that's why I am stuck in their room for study halls. The BD teacher is also in there for a couple so I'm hoping if there are only 2 or 3 students I can opt out and go somewhere else. My schedule is not a definite for the first week or two. The BD teacher was a BD student herself and a piece of work herself. She likes to argue with the kids and you just can't do that with BD students. Beth has migraines also, and her doctor just put her on a low dose of bp medicine. She has low bp anyway so I don't know how that will work.

I should head downstairs and see what there is for supper. I told Bob it was his night to cook! We ate out last night and I had a margarita with mine. Have a nice evening and a terrific Thursday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:34 AM   #17  

Good morning everybody! I got up after having one of those toss and turn nights. I was ok until around 1 AM then yuck! On top of that I have a queasy stomach this morning, don't know what's with that other than not enough sleep. I will go in and get some soda crackers and that should do the trick.

Jack has his stress test this morning so no food or drink until he gets finished. He didn't get his decaf tea yesterday either only water or milk or juice. He had OJ with dinner last night which I am not sure how that tasted. I fixed rotisserie mutant chickens as Jack calls them (cornish hens) and they were pretty yummy. I did it in the oven in a dutch oven with my rotisserie spices and used ff chicken broth to baste them. Cooked them for 5 hours on 250 degrees and they were just fall apart good combined with a b potato and salad.

My son is out in Torrance CA this week for his international Jujitsu tournament. I think he is stopping tournaments after this one. My sister emailed me wanting to know his belt color. Since he switched about a year ago to a different type of jujitsu, I have no idea what it is. I emailed my dil, but haven't heard back yet. I think my sister was planning on attending and surprising him. She is the one going to be surprised. Brazillian jujitsu doesn't look like other martial arts. It is a combat style and combines a lot of different things. Looks a lot like wrestling to me. Most people think of it like Karate with the kicks and stuff and it isn't like that. It isn't a defensive but offensive style of martial arts. I don't know what possessed him to ever get involved in it, but I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of him in an alley. My nephew, who is close friends with Jay, told me awhile back that he (my nephew) could hold his own in a fight, but Jay would kill him if they ever fought. He said, "I would never make him mad enough and be stupid enough to think I would come out of it ok." Funny thing, he is my little hippy boy, loves the world.

Our darn dvd player in the living room is acting up and it is part of a surround sound system. I tell ya it is always something. We tried to put a movie in while we ate last night and all it would show was it was loading and not get past that point. I told Jack to just bring down the one from our bedroom as it is brand new, but he decided just to watch tv so we watched Cash in the Attic instead.

Jean: I KNEW BD stood for something akin to "hooligans." These stupid judges don't want the kids on the streets selling drugs so they shove them into classrooms where they are belligerent because they don't want to be there. I agree with you. Put the brats on an old fashioned chain gang picking up garbage on the highway out in the heat and cold. My opinion is if the kid can do the crime he can do the time and make it as unpleasant as possible. They barely slap their wrists anymore. That is why the jerks did what they did to the pool because they can get away with it and know it. They get slapped with tresspassing, a misdemeanor, and they just come back and do it again when they can't get in to swim.

Well, I need to clean the litter box and feed the animals. Put away the dishes in the dishwasher and start the day. I have to take the shaggy dog to the groomers this morning and they want them there before 8 AM.

Have a great Thursday!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:08 PM   #18  

Good Evening, Flowers! It is VERY humid here and I stick to everything I touch! I was miserable at school even though some of the rooms with cross ventilation weren't too bad, but where I was had no such luck. Tomorrow we have our district wide breakfast and "how great you all are" lecture from the super. I've heard it so many times I could probably recite it by heart. *gag*

"Gma" -- I hope Jack's test results are good. Remind me of this hot humid weather when I complain about the snow and cold this winter. I guess if there is nothing else to complain about one can always blame the weather! Since I've been going to school I have been sleeping better. I think I am so tired when I finally get there that I just fall asleep. I do get up to go to the bathroom, but not on a regular basis. I will have to be up and at 'em early tomorrow in order to get a parking spot close to the middle school building where we all get together. Even parking close, we still have to walk 3/4 of a block and it is always windy there. I hope you are feeling better tonight. We have been having trouble with our VCR; it records ok (I think) but when we play the tape back it will roll or the picture is distorted. I accused Bob of hooking it up wrong. I probably could use some new tapes if they are still available. Good luck with your DVD player. I happened to run into a gal my age who subs for special ed. She did a two week stint in the BD room last year and said she would never sub in that room again. I guess there is a new kid coming up who is a real challenge -- mainly mouthy and has a smart remark/comment about everything. Someone will clean his clock first thing. Maybe his mother should come and follow him around. There was another drug bust this week, but so far no names have been released. We can't hold juveniles locally so pay big bucks to have them sent to their own detention center. If the tax payers only knew the half of it all, they would revolt!

I need to pick up the disaster zone -- went to WM after school and the sacks are still on the counter. (no food -- just "stuff") Have a fantastic Friday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote