3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 08-01-2006, 11:51 PM   #16

Good Evening, Flowers! It feels like it has been hotter today than yesterday even though the temperature wasn't as high . . . the humidity must have kicked in again. I am more than ready for some cooler weather! We did get some rain although I don't think it was enough to make much difference. I got up about 2 AM and moved to the recliner so didn't sleep the best. I don't know if it's hot weather or what, but I hate it when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. I rode along with Bob to deliver his tractor parts and we stopped in to spend some time with Ian and Zowie. She is so funny because she tries to copy whatever Ian is doing and he is Mr. Evil Knevil (sp?) himself. Since our TV is on the fritz and no one seems to have a lamp in stock, we decided to go to MIL's apt. and get our small TV. Enroute we stopped at WM and picked up some boxes to pack up her stuff so the movers can come any time. For some reason the air was not working in her apt. and it was so very hot! Went to WW when we got home and that was not pretty either. This evening I've been on the phone trying to coordinate schedules so we can all be together for Maddy's birthday. I am tired!

"Gma" -- I hope Jack survived the heat today! I can't imagine working in the conditions that he does. I have my fingers crossed that you are feeling better! I know the allergy alert has been on TV quite a bit lately.

Susan -- I'm glad your husband's surgery went well. I know you can go "somewhere" -- maybe click on your name and it will take you to your preferences to check on email notification. Sometimes I don't get the email notices either so maybe it is a glitch in the system. Far be it for me to try and figure that one out!

I can hear the thunder and Bob just said we are in a tornado watch so guess I will get off the computer. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:55 AM   #17

Good morning ladies! Another record breaker heat day today. We were going to go swimming last night, but I just didn't feel up to it. These allergies right now are awful. I got up this morning and told Jack I knew how a pig felt. My eyes were all puffy and my face too. I had taken some meds before bed, but all it did was dried me up some. My nose started running in the middle of the night and that is always fun having it drip down your face when you are asleep. Feels like something is crawling on you. Usually I can sleep on my tummy when my allergies kick up, but last night even that didn't work very well so I tossed and turned a lot. I should have just come downstairs and slept in the recliner like Jean!

Jean: I thought you guys had bought a NEW tv recently. Maybe you looked for one and couldn't find what you wanted, but I thought you had. We gave Thomas our extra one in the guest bedroom because his was doing the rolling thing. Nowadays, it is just cheaper to buy a new one than pay to have it fixed. I ask him on Sunday how it was working and he said fine. I need to buy one to replace it though as I am paying for a satellite box in that room. I want to get one and get a dvd player for guests. I found a tv and a dvd player at Walmarts and I think the total for both was like $120!

Susan: Sometimes you have to go back in and redo your preferences. Especially if they have worked on the website. When you see you are not getting them, go back in and redo them. Glad Stan came through the surgery! That is just great. Maybe he will start making some real progess now. My niece has developed arthritis in her ankles, wrists and knees from this viral thing. I guess it is not unusual for this to happen, but the poor thing is only 15 and the worse part is she can't take regular arthritis drugs or anti-inflammatories because they thin the blood and she doesn't need that! They have her on Percocet (she doesn't know it though as her mom doesn't want her to know she is on a potentially addictive drug) but you know that is just to mask pain, it doesn't help with the symptoms at all. They have to get her well as she starts back to school next month.

I am not sure who all lives next door, but someone was pounding on their door this morning. A girl about 16 and when Jack took out the garbage she asked if she could borrow a phone because she got locked out. Jack says it didn't look like she had been out all night, though. Who knows? All I need is one of those types next door!

Well, ladies, I need check on a couple of the gifts sent UPS to see if they are going to be delivered today then go to the pool in just a little while. You have yourselves a wonderful day today!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:11 PM   #18

Good Afternoon, Flowers! We got rain, rain, and more rain along with wind, wind, and more wind! I don't see any damage around our house, but a country church was destroyed in the county west of us. It was storming pretty hard when I gave up and went to bed about midnight. It's a pleasant 74 degrees and cloudy in my corner of the world right now. I've been trying on clothes and filling another Good Will box. I feel lazy today so it's been hard to keep on task.

"Gma" -- I hope your allergies have settled down! My mom had hayfever in the spring and fall; I remember she used my dad's hankies because they were big and also carried a box of Kleen-x with her. We did buy a new TV on Jan. 3, '06! We had it 4 days and the screen went blank so the dealer gave us a new one. It is a big screen with all the bells and whistles (I guess) and no service/repair place stocks the lamps because "they never burn out!" Yeah, right! I sent RCA a sizzling email Monday night and have yet to hear from them. The only reason we bought the one we did was because our old set was an RCA and had lasted 17 years. The 800# service rep bimbo had absolutely no clue whatsoever. The dealer is in the process of moving to a new location but did call last night and thinks he has found a lamp. We have to make of copy of our receipt to prove it is under warranty . . . . they cost $300! I am not going to be a happy camper if we have to replace lamps every few months! I told Bob we should order a spare just in case, but at that price we may decide to take our chance the new one will last. This tv has a fan that will go on and off even when the tv is not turned on. We are used to it, but if someone new is here they always ask what that noise is. It will be interesting to find out more about your new neighbor. The young girl was brave to knock on a stranger's door . . . it could have been "Jack the Ripper" living there! I hope your niece gets along ok -- that is alot for a teenager to have to deal with.

I need to do a load of laundry. For some reason today seems like Thursday and I rounded up wastebaskets for the garbage man. I think my brain is fuzzy from thinking about school starting.

Have a great "rest of the day!"

Jean -- in Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #19

102 degrees here and Humid - get a shower just walking to the car. My asthma doesn't like this at all so the inhaler is getting used overtime.

Did I mention my husband is doing better...he woke up at 3:30am, got him self out of bed, into the wheelchair and the bathroom, washed, dressed, make himself toaster waffles, juice and coffee, then proceeded to bake a cake (mix) before I got up at 5:00!

Made this really good and easy chicken for dinner tonight (got the recipe from a friend and it is so good).

Poppy Seed Chicken

3-4 large chicken breasts - cook with bouillion - cool - cube.

Spray large baking dish with Pam. Spread chicken in dish.

Mix together 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 cup Sour Cream
Pour over chicken,

Crush 1-1/2 stacks of Ritz crackers. Mix with 1/2 stick melted butter and 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds.

Spread over top of chicken.

Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes.

I'll have broccoli and a lettuce and tomato salad with it.

Faye, I had terrible allergies that affected my asthma. I had 5 years of desensitizing shots and now hardly get a sneeze or runny nose in the worst pollen counts. I wish I had them a lot sooner.

HW 356 pounds - CW 135 - GW 137

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote