3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Chit Chat #202 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/88930-weight-loss-chit-chat-202-a.html)

suetalks 07-13-2006 10:32 PM

Hello ladies...Still having computer problems and think I will have to break down and pay for a "geek." Can't afford a new computer right now. ugh!

Cleaned and cleaned today. Had a showing tonight, have another tomorrow and one Sat. morning. If it doesn't sell it is not from lack of "lookie loos."

The new house is becoming soooo exciting! Walls are being painted and the brick is almost finished.

Jane- I had a week of eating ice cream...no, not constantly, but enough. I have sworn off however. (Is there a 12 step program for ice cream addiction?) Today though my only snack was 2 fig bars. Tomorrow I will TRY to watch the food better. Gotta get something going here.
Marti- Hope you get used to the new hours. Nothing worse than messing with your sleep habits!
Angie- Good luck on your new job. New beginnings are exciting (though scary)
Sassy- Hope the kitties are okay..and also hope your back is better.
Robin- Must go look at your photos. Thanks for sharing! Don't you love how men lose weight without trying..NOT!
Jules- Hi..hey are you getting any rest after all your painting and moving? Thank goodness I don't have to paint the new place...but moving is just around the corner. ugh!

Okay ladies...I am going to try to post this after saving it ....never know with this computer!

Sassy_Chick 07-14-2006 07:31 AM

Hi Ladies.

Very Quick here. Just wanted to say I finally got to sleep about 11:30 or so.....was very tired at work, but I made it! :D

Now I'm off to bed!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a Good Friday Ladies!

Cafe Ole 07-14-2006 08:12 AM

Morning!

Morning All!

Sassy... feel better? We should play hookie today - it is going to be like 90 today & all through Monday - ugh... I need a pool!

Jane... LOL yes that is me, I got addicted to playing Nintendo and I didn't even know my dh took that photo until I looked at them all, too funny! Obviously I was to involved in the game to notice :) oh lord this will sound like a commercial but.... I use Infusium 23 shampoo & conditioner (1x a month I use Pantene Restoratives (breakage control). Other than that it is suave mousse and Aussie hair spray :) Mickey is a Sheltie (shetland sheeddog, mini collie all 3 work). Thanks! I about shocked myself when I was able to fit into those jeans so I am wearing them today at work! No comment on the getting into his pants though LMAO!!! :p

I want a maid! Hmmm you could get a kiddie pool then you could have the excuse for the pool boy!

Sue... Have you tried the Geek Squad at Best Buy? Just a thought. I know our other home pc died and I have a neighbor who is more geeky than I am so he is redoing the hard-drive for me (talk about luck, but I guess that is fair seeing how I watch their kids for nothing from time to time)

Have a super dooper TGIF!!!!

jules1216 07-14-2006 08:34 AM

Sue--well we moved DD's ac from DS's last night and all of DS's gf heavy stuff is moved--she said she may get me to help the final day for anything left--she and her friend have taken some boxes to her grandma's and are moving a couple of car loads each evening when they are off. SHe is almost done--she says that she didn't realize how much stuff she actually had--now it's the trying to merge her and ds's stuff...I am letting them do that battle.

Robin--We want a small kidney shaped pool and a hot tub next summer when two major bills are paid off and only one is left.....

Angelia--I have found there are just some things I can't eat anymore and buffets are out--I fell sick when I stuff myself anymore.

Jane--every now and then I get Ben & Jerry's for me and DH--satisfies his craving and doesn't affect his gout unless he eats it all in one sitting. My DH Jerry's favorite of B & J is chubby hubby--has the pretzels in it. I get a different one everytiem for me.

Marti--hope you get adjusted to the new schedule.

ALex--I guess I am going to have to come hunt you down again!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone sorry if I did--off to work for a few hours and then groceries!!!

Marti 07-14-2006 09:26 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Last day of the early hour shift!:D Actually I could get used to it if I was on it longer, but the 11:00-7:30 is much better. I don't feel like I have to be in bed by 10:00 and I don't get up by an alarm clock! Strange reasons I know but hey.....

Not doing individuals again, sorry. Not enough time. They have this "bohemia mining days" going on in town this weekend. Used to be really fun, but now it's not so much, but I plan on walking to town w/James & Jhanai and checking it out.

Ok.....need to get moving. I still haven't done anything w/my hair! (picture.....medusa!)<---is that spelt correctly??

Chat w/you all later!

Jane 07-14-2006 09:36 AM

TGIF!!

Angie - aww, sounds like an emotional last day at the old job. I'm glad they made a fuss. They'll miss you like crazycakes. Never heard of Practical Magic, but I like the title. Here's hoping all goes well today for you. :hug:

Sue - when is your target move-in day? Are you packed yet? Probably not, since you're showing the house all the time. Yep, you've had lots of lookie loos - time for one of them to go for it! One thing I did that really helped before we moved was, I ironed all the curtains and hung them on skirt hangers by the hems so when we moved in, they were ready to go. After unlaoding boxes all days, the last thing you'll need is to have to stand and iron anything. Just a thought.

Robin - I'll have to check out your hair products and see if they come in a version for color-treated hair. Hmmm... well, I guess I'll just have to pick up a kiddie pool while I'm out today, lol.

Julie - one good thing about the Ben & Jerry's is that the containers are small. Two or 3 servings, and it's all gone. My girls try all the different flavors too. Mary's fave is Phish food. I love all the quirky names they have.

Well, speaking of Mary, she and I are going out for lunch and shopping today, postponed from earlier this week. Katie's the babysitter, lol. She needs the money. It's been so hot and extremely humid here, that I barely go outside on the porches. Not sure when we're supposed to get a break, but I'm hoping it's soon.

Have a good one! :hug:

Cafe Ole 07-14-2006 12:56 PM

Back for a sec...

Oh don't get me started on Ben & Jerrys! That was my friendly food.

Mint Chocolate Cookie & Half-Baked! (oh yea the brownie batter one too)

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

jules1216 07-14-2006 05:29 PM

Hi all--dropping in while doing laundry--supper was light--a huge salad from a local grocery stores salad bar--got some low fat feta cheese for mine--DH doesn;t like it--picked up a Wishbone Salad Spritzer--Balsamic Breeze flavor to try--was good. DH is tired -- started on the chopping of our winter wood supply-I wasn't home to use the chainsaw...He split it and I get to stack it--maybe tommorrow. I am really tired too for some reason.

If I am not back...hope everyone has a good night!!

da fat n da furious 07-14-2006 08:40 PM

hello all...

Marti,,,thats too bad about the early shift I know you could of gotten used to those hours too...

Jane,,,hope you had a great lunch with Mary...I have seen the Ben & Jerry ice cream,,,I usually go for the Haagan Daz stuff...cookie dough bad...

Sue...We spent the money and it was well worth the money for getting our computer up and running.

Im ready for a nap...long day.
My first day wasn't too bad. Lots of training...scary witha ll the new codes I will have to learn. Specially since my head is full of all the old codes from BDL. Only took me 25 min to get to work. And the people are crazy,,,funny crazy. So far all is well...I got another bouqet of flowers del to my new work...from my head hunter.

well Im taking Tan to the movies...nice cool place...ahhh

suetalks 07-14-2006 10:44 PM

Good evening..Not alot going on here tonight.
Had a busy day with a showing this a.m. We went to Lowe's..our home away from home these days. LMAO. After we came home DH went to work on painting his new storage shed. I did laundry and managed to get in a WATP walk. I even managed to eat well today and only had a snack of low fat cheese and 4 saltines. Have to get a new mindset here again....the "I can do it" one. It just seems that when I get involved in something else (like building a house and selling a house) I let my health slip. Gotta quit that!
Anyway, Jane- You didn't even tempt me with the ice cream...I must be FULL of it. :) I don't know if I have had Ben and Jerry's. I do know I love rocky road in any brand, even the light Edy's. Our finish date on the house is the end of Aug. Builder says it is on target. Since we haven't sold though we can move at our leisure. Panic later! Yikes, I haven't even thought of curtains. Heck I haven't picked out the carpet yet...but will as soon as I pick up more paint samples.
Robin- I have heard of the Geek Squad and might have to resort to calling them. I am now wondering if the trouble is my server. This computer whizzes along during the day and at night it balks. Kinda like the system is overloaded...:(
Angie- Yay, that your new job is going well. Always nice to work with (other) crazy people! j/k

No plans for tomorrow as the showing cancelled. I did go to the library and stock up on reading material so if it is 90+ I can just hibernate. Filled the gas tank as DH said with the new flare ups over seas the gas will likely go way up again....like it ever went down much.
I do know I am going to move at some point tomorrow..either WATP or strength training. Maybe both. I sure feel better at the end of the day when I can say I did it!

Hi to everyone...Have a great week-end.

Sassy_Chick 07-15-2006 06:17 AM

Hi Ladies.

This is a call out for your help. I am pasting what I sent to Jane in a PM message. (hope that is okay, I'm very tired from working all night)

"I still haven't been doing well with my eating habits. :o We still eat out a lot and eat bad foods. It is taking its toll on me. I can feel it. So from now on I am reaching out asking for help. I'm asking my friends, family, etc. to question me about my eating habits and exercising. Its the only way. Nothing else is working so I know if I am held accountable then I will do something. So if you wouldn't mind helping me out with this, I would appreciate it. I am also going to ask the other girls as well. :^:

I'm afraid if I don't do something soon, I won't be here for much longer. :cry: I want to die an old lady, not 31 with a McDonalds bag in my hand!!!!!! :o "

So I am going to create a fitday thing (if anybody can please give me that link, I'd appreciate it) so I can log EVERYTHING I eat so I have to be held accountable. I plan on getting rid of ALL the bad foods tomorrow before work. We are going to buy all healthy stuff and no more bad foods. IF I eat out I HAVE to get a salad or a grilled chicken sandwich or wrap minus all the crap. NO exceptions!

If you are willing to help me out and would like my info (email addy, messenger ID's) then please PM me with your info and I'll PM you back with mine.

I thank you ladies so much!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

jules1216 07-15-2006 10:24 AM

Sassy--I know there are a lot of Fit Day users--I will start a thread with questions in General Chatter.

Sue--I tend to lose track of my goals when I get involved in worrying/doing other stuff--I lost 2 of the 4 lnbs I gained while helping the kids...

Angelia--I hope the people at your new job stay "funny" crazy instead of "psycho" crazy!! I am jealous of all the flowers you are getting.

Hi to everyone else...I have a couple of things that need done today and I need to go to work tomorrow--I am getting so far behind that it's going to make me "psycho" crazy if I don't get it under control again!!:dizzy:

Jane 07-15-2006 11:00 AM

Hiya ladies, :wave:

Marti - didnt see your post yesterday AM. I know you're so glad that the training is over, and you'll be back to your regular shift. :cp:

Robin - did you find a substitute for the ice cream? I mean, something that will take care of the crave when you get it? I like the chocolate frozen yogurt. It's rich, so 1/2 cup does the trick.

Julie - I picked up several bottles of that same salad spritzer and took them to my Thursday meeting. What a coincidence! I wish they'd come out with a lite Ranch like that..... guess I could get my own squirt bottle, right? Aww, I wish you didn't have to work today! If I could help you, I would. :hug:

Angelia - ah, so glad your first day is over. The other employees are funny crazy? Oh, well.. then you'll fit right in, teehee. What movie did you see? I want to see You, Me and Dupree, but will wait til after the weekend rush. I just love Owen Wilson.

Sue - you haven't thought about curtains?? Well, you better get at it, missy! LOL The end of August will be here before you know it. I'm so excited for you!

Sassy - as I said in my PM, I'll be glad to help you in any way I can! So will the other Jaded Ladies. :hug: I think every one of us feels about the same way as you, and so maybe we can do it together. Actually, I KNOW we can. :yes: Fitday.com is what you're looking for. It's a really cool site, and the free account is as good as the one some people pay for, imho.

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

I just popped in to say Hi and that I hope you all have a good weekend. Tomorrow will be a busy day with church and the kids. Take care and I'll see you Monday.

da fat n da furious 07-15-2006 11:46 AM

Shel...Girl same story but Ill be 38 years old... I know we eat out too much...its our form of entertainment with Monte and I most times cause he works so much. Im a binge eater,,,always have been, I can go days/weeks being good. And then I can go days/weeks of eating bad. Im all or nothing kind of person. So I am hoping I can kick this soon...Most times its related to stress, and with my old job being stressful...and moving to another job...training and such I know for the next couple of weeks I still might be feeling stressed. But I am hoping I can control it better then I have been.

Sue...ya Im crazy....lol So this place could be a good place for me...But Jules is right,,,hopefully they don't get pschyo crazy. Have fun shopping for curtains...

Have a great day Jane.

Marti 07-15-2006 03:02 PM

Heading out to town here w/Jhanai so this is quick.

Got news that they want me to train one more week. :mad: Wasn't thrilled, but I'm not going to say "I can't do that" (I need the training)

Anyway......I will do individuals later on if I can. But I do want to address one gal here.....

Shel---Wanted to let you know that we're all here for you! www.Fitday.com should get you what you're looking for. I used it long ago and seemed to have forgotten about it. I should get back on. You're so not alone here. I have been seeing my weight climb up rather than go down so I've been struggling too. With all of us getting together and supporting each other, we'll get through this....no matter how much time it takes.

Ok...must get moving.

Try and be back on later!

hugs:hug: