3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Chit Chat #202 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/88930-weight-loss-chit-chat-202-a.html)

Sassy_Chick 07-12-2006 01:11 AM

Hey all,

Sorry this is going to be a "Quickie" lol.

We went car shopping today and I am beat. We did find 3 cars though that hub can fit into comfortably. Dodge Caliber, Nissan Altima, and the Honda Accord.

Yes I know I have tried to put that site out of my mind. There are some very disturbing people out there, that is for sure.

My back has been really hurting me............I am so afraid it is going to go out on me again. I hope not because when it does I am out of commission for at least a week or so...............

Well take care!

jules1216 07-12-2006 09:17 AM

Robin--Welcome back--how bad was your heap of work on your desk when you went back in??

For everyone who asked--when the girls are completely done I promise to take pictures. They are both working full time and OT if they can during the summer before school starts and they have to cut back. They both want a cushion in case something extra comes up--it helps that DH will work on their cars if something happens but they still have to buy the parts. DH is going to work on DS's gf's car's AC this weekend. It's not covered by her warranty.

It's still busy at work--can't wait until my friend/coworker is back--the skin graft for the toes that were removed due to the diabetes she didn't know she had is taking well and she has an appt to get something fitted for her shoe or maybe it is a whole shoe??? Once she gets that and does a little pt she will be able to come back part time at first--there may even be some things she can do at home. That will help me SOOOO much....

I will hopefully be back tonight!! for more individuals!!

Cafe Ole 07-12-2006 01:02 PM

oh ok

OK back from the WI. I did gain! 4 lbs! UGH crud

Marti... I hope it comes off fast, and that it is more water retain (ok doesn't help it is my week either but come on. How is the training going? Do you like it so far?

Angie... Thanks for the confidence :) I gotta lose it cause I go back in 12 days LOL, I will have to pay attention better this time. Those are great ideas! I am soooooooo not creative -- that is my DH department.

Jane... Are you better today? I think this is just an "off" week for lots of us and we all just need a good do-over!

Jule... Oh yes, photos, can't wait to see it. oh LOL no lie, my boss caught me pulling in the lot on Monday morning to tell me everything that had gone wrong and how drastic the problems were - so much for still being relaxed! I am still trying to get caught up. Little do they know I am going to put in for a month off (wishful thinking here) next year as this 1 week here & 1 week there is not cutting it at all.
---how is your friend?

Sassy... How is your back today?

Sue... LOL I love it! SUMMER FUNK! ;) that about fits right now too.

ok time to go eat my salad :)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

my photos are too big to put on --- have to find a different way.... :(

Jane 07-12-2006 03:11 PM

Hiya ladies,

Marti - is this training for your current duties at work, or for a different department? I'm really proud of you for how well you've done with your career, Marti. You've come a long way in a short time. Yep, I need to get serious too, especially with exercise.

Sue - maybe Summer Funk is what we all have, lol. I love to poke around at Lowe's! It's bad for the wallet, though, lol.

Sassy - well, at least you have the car choices narrowed down to 3, lol. What colors are they? Yowza, I hope your back doesn't go out! I've had that before, and it hurts like ^%$#. Once, I was home by myself, and I got stuck 1/2 on the bed and 1/2 off, and it felt like someone had a knife in my back. I started crying, and my dog Molly got very upset. She jumped on the bed and licked the tears off my face.

Robin - hey, have you tried Yahoo photo? It's free, and you can download lots and lots of photos there. Or Photobucket. I've got a paid account there, but they have free ones, too. Yay for gaining only 1/2 as much as you thought you would. :cp: Yes, I'm feeling much better today. Thank you for asking.

Today is my day with Madison. She and I went shopping - my Walmart bill is always much higher when I take a DGD with me, lol - and had lunch. Now she's napping, and if it stops raining, we're going to pick blackberries when she wakes up.

Neal asked me if it would bother me if we had some iced raisin bread in the house. I said no and bought some .... eep! It's calling to me.... HELP!!

TTY later,

jules1216 07-12-2006 03:23 PM

Break time and I am here and I am choosing to come to this site...imagine that...

Jane-Have fun with Madison and tell that raisin bread to leave you alone!!

Sassy--hope your back doesn't go out!! Let us know what car you pick.

Robin--DH and I are taking another week in September when the weather isn't so humid. Next year we want to take two weeks off in a row.....They would murder us if we did a month at once even though we both get four weeks a year...

Marti & Sue--I have to get back serious on the WL thing again too!! Between the anxiety and helping the kids I have got off course. I need to get paddling my canoe!!

Angelia--if we lived closer, we would have a ball at the girls house!! Both kids are really lucky to have such good landlords!!

Gotta get back-hi to everyone else!!

Cafe Ole 07-12-2006 03:46 PM

Jane... LOL isn't it funny how when you take anyone else shopping with you the bill doubles? Now I hate grocery shopping but it is even worse when DH wants to go - ugh that bill! :)

Glad you are feeling better!

Jules...now why would they murder you? or do you mean your boss? Last year we did 30 days & went out West for the whole trip. I am spoiled though with my years in I get 5 weeks of vacation and in 4 more years, I will earn 6 weeks. I rented a spot for a whole month so even if I can't I will be there as much a possible that is for sure!

HI EVERYBODY!!!

Thanks for the photobucket tip! Here are a couple photos... http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/marshro/

Sassy_Chick 07-12-2006 05:36 PM

Hey Chicies. ;)

Well my back is okay as long as I don't over do it. I need to clean but its not worth having my back go out on me. So I'm just doing laundry and that is it.

Hub is going to vacuum. He always does because it really hurts my back to do it. Yesterday on our way home we had a tornado warning!!!!!!!! They spotted one not too far from where we were! But nothing ever came of it. (thankfully) I think it blew down a few trees and that was it.

Well I guess that is it for me. Sorry so boring, but nothing is going on here. OHHHH hub's little stray kitty had her kittens! She came up to the deck this morning and no big tummy! We don't know where she had them. But she was about starving! I gave her a can of food (mil gave me some cans) and she wolfed it down! So we're going to buy her some Kitten Chow too, mil said it would be a good idea.

We fear that once the babies (if they survived) can walk and follow mama then she will most likely bring them up here.......:rolleyes: If so we'll have to find them homes, we can't have all these cats outside. lol. But lots of people at work so maybe a few of them will take some if need be.......

Well have a great evening!

jules1216 07-12-2006 07:21 PM

Robin--I was talking about the boss and my staff murdering me if I left for a month---or maybe I would do it to myself when I got back to find my whole work space buried and covered with sticky notes with questions.....

Sassy--we have a whole woods full of cats that come and go....none that I can actually pet except the one on my lap right now and her brother--getting them both FIXED!!!

May be back later!!

Sassy_Chick 07-12-2006 07:57 PM

There are strays all over our apt. complex. We feed the ones who come up to our deck, so far its just the Mama Cat. We think she buried one of her kittens. :( We don't know this may be her first litter as well, she doesn't look that old. If so, a lot of the times 1st litters do not survive. So we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

da fat n da furious 07-13-2006 12:16 AM

Shel, I know that first time mommies don't know that they are to lick that icky stuff from the baby's face. And they end up sufficating.
Im glad your back didn't go on you,,,one of my friends has a problem with her back going out on her alot. Feel bad for her.

Jules..where I worked years ago I couldn't take more then a week off,,,the paper work would take up way too much room on my desk in just one week don't know what it would look like for 2. When I left there it took 3 people to do my job. And they wondered why I was always exhausted...lol
Ya living closer would be fun...
Figuring that you are the motercycle Momma of this group the one day I thought for sure it was the dad from OCC,,,this guy was a spitting image. I called Monte and told him. WELL this morning I saw him again,,,and still think its him but it can't be. Why would he be up here? Just gets the blood pumping thinking hes right there...lol

Jane,,,I know shopping with Monte is the worst thing,,,the guy loves to shop. Costco seriously costs 400 each time...we do pick up alot of gifts and such but still...its a hard amount to gulp.

Sue,,,I keep reading your post...I need to get out there and walk...Im just soooo lazy. Im in the Summer Funk...arghh

Robin great pics...this place you rented for a month,,,is it near by?

well I am doing my last day of work tomorrow. I bought them a funny card...and then that is it.
I am nervous about Friday,,,strange day to start i know but its so my boss can introduce me to everyone before she starts her holidays. I got my hair cut today,,,nice and lighter now.
well Im off to bed...night all

Cafe Ole 07-13-2006 08:08 AM

Morning All -- it's Thursday, 1 more day till Friday :)

Ok I have to laugh, my dh is loosing weight (granted yes you can smack him as he isn't even trying!) and he was skinny to begin with. Anyhow... 2 months ago for fun, I tried on his jeans and no go, no farther than the hips. Well I tried them on again last night & not only do they fit, they are a little baggy in the hips! HOO HA~! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: he thought that was funny but hey if they fall off your butt, I just stole them LOL

Sassy... I hope you find the kittens! Poor mama probably took a walk & then here they came.

Jules.. LOL yea I don't want to see my desk either when I come back but for 30 days I can bet I won't think about it :)

Angie... Good Luck on your last day! Great Luck on your first day tomorrow! --- We have a spot in Ludington right off the strip which is about 1 mile drive to Lake Michigan. It is about 2.5-3 hour drive depending on traffic & construction. I know I wouldn't want to be there this weekend! Gus Macker Tourney is on this weekend, a madhouse is an understatment.

Hi to everyone I missed - have a great day! :hug: :hug:

Sassy_Chick 07-13-2006 09:15 AM

Hello.

Well I'm not in bed like I should be...........but can't help it, don't feel too well........:p I really don't wanna go into work tonight either, but........I want to save my personal time too.........So guess I will have to go.........hopefully I can get some sleep before I got in.

Hope you all are having a great day!

Marti 07-13-2006 09:24 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

My apologies for not poppin in yesterday. These morning hours are killing me! I love being home at an earlier hour, but I just can't keep myself from feeling tired ALL day! And then when I go to sleep....I don't sleep well. Not sure if it's the hours or what.

I don't have much time for individuals this morning as I need to get ready and go...but I will try and get in after work sometime to catch up.

Hugs to you all!:hug:

Jane 07-13-2006 02:39 PM

Hi ladies,:wave:

Julie - glad you come here during your break. Well, I won the battle with the raisin bread, but did something much naughtier. I had a threesome with 2 men - Ben and Jerry, that is. I indulged in the Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. And the thing is, the guilt made it not even taste all that good!

Robin - love the photos! Is that you playing the video game? How do you get your hair so shiny?? It's gorgeous! Also, you look so slim! The poochie is adorable. Is that a border collie? YAY for getting into DHs pants...... well, you know what I mean! :o

Sassy - it kills my back to vacuum more than one room so I often get one of my DDs to do it. YAY for your sweetie, take on that chore. Scouring the tub is just as bad. Aww, kittens are so sweet. Hope they make it. Also hope you got some sleep today.

Angie - meeting the new gang tomorrow will take some of the pressure off on Monday, since you will have already met them. Starting a new job is scary enough. Good luck - but I just know they'll like you right off. Neal's idea of shopping is to go directly to what you need, pay for it and leave. No looking around or anything - get in, get out. No fun at all! Glad you like the new haircut.

Marti - I bet you'll be so glad to get back to your regular shift. Just one more day....

Wel, once again, the body/mind/soul meeting was so good today. We talked about feelings and stress. Which of course can lead to binges. They reviewed the 3FCs book, and those who've read it gave it 2 thumbs up.

Gotta surf a little and then get the towels folded. I need a housekeeper. And a cook. And a pool boy... wait... I don't have a pool.....

See ya on the flip side. :cool:

da fat n da furious 07-13-2006 10:26 PM

Hey all,
Shel, Monte does all the vaccumming around here which I am grateful for. It all started years ago when I was pregnant with Tanner...and 14 years later he is still doing it.

Jane,,3some? you wicked woman...lol

Today was a good day,,,no tears from me. One of my favorites,,,shes young and I mother her. She was emotional and wanting to go where ever Im going,,,and she was serious. The bought me the funkiest aqua colored cowboy hate. A bouquet of flowes (Lilies, very fragrant) cake, which I shared with as many people...and a disposible camera for taking pics. Its a custom we took on last year. We take pics then bring some in later to share. We plan to go out next Thursday,,,since I work tomorrow and being my first day they were considerate enough to know I have alot of stress.
Monte, Tanner and I went out for dinner,,,I went for a sandwich,,,and got sick after eating it. It was lathered in butter,,,which Im not used to and now I have a big ball laying in my tummy...so does Monte.

well I should get going...I rented one of my favorite old movies,,,Practical Magic...
later