3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Chit Chat #202 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/88930-weight-loss-chit-chat-202-a.html)

Jane 07-10-2006 06:29 PM

Weight Loss and Chit Chat #202

Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies. :wave:

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting! So please, won't you join us? :cofdate:

Jane 07-10-2006 07:01 PM

Hiya ladies!

I had to go back and see what everyone said since the last time I was here, lol.

Angie - I've got a flare-up of plantar's fasciitis in my right foot. I've been following the doc's orders from last time I had it, and it's better. Thanks for asking. You are so darn creative! Who but you would've thought about painting grout or swirls on Julie's DD's floor??

Sue - glad you're back to walking and that you found a light ice cream you like. Makes dieting a little more bearable, doesn't it?

Kathy - how's Cole's ankle? I want a goat and Neal says no - they're too messy. I told him YOUR husband let YOU have one, and he still says no. Phooey!! When is the kid due? Is it one, or do goats have multiples?

Sassy - hey, do what you have to do to motivate yourself. Looking at my Before picture used to motivate me more that one where I was thinner. I for sure need to bring that back out before I gain even more!

Julie - ah, I also can't seem to make a small pot of soup. That's ok, because they're even better reheated, right?

Marti - ok missy, you've had enough of a rest! We need you here, lol.

Katiecat - hope your pain is lessening, and that you'll be able to post soon. You're missed!

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

Katie and I rearranged the living room furniture today. The room is huge, so we pulled the couch away from the wall, and have a more intimate grouping now in front of the fireplace and tv. I really like it! This is the first time I've ever had a couch away from the wall, and it seems weird.

Up until today I've been doing so good with the food. Today I've felt extra hungry, for some reason. Time for me to make a pot of WW soup, I guess, to take care of the munchies.

Have a good one, ladies. :hug:

jules1216 07-10-2006 07:30 PM

Sassy--I am going to try a pic at my highest weight and leave my skinny picture too.

Jane--Hope your foot feels better soon--I agree with the soup/chili--it's always better reheated--sometimes I take some over to the kids. You LR arrangement sounds nice

Hope everyone has a good evening!!

Sassy_Chick 07-10-2006 08:00 PM

Disgusted!!!!!!!!

Hey Ladies.

Well I am disgusted! I am using my husband's computer because he is currently working on my mom's computer, hooked up to my monitor, etc. So to find this forum I had to do a search.

I was disturbed at what I found! There was a forum (won't post it here, but if you really want to see it do a search for 3FC forum on google, it should come up). But anyways. it was a forum where all these creeps (will not call them men) were bashing fat chicks! (not the forum, fat women)

It was disgusting the things they were saying! :mad: It is hard enough to live this anti-fat society we live in now, even though we are trying to lose weight, but to see stuff like that just makes me really :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!

I know everybody has a right to have their own opinions and all, but if you are going to talk that way then make it a private forum! Don't make it so it comes up in a google search!!!!! But I guess I have the right NOT to read it either, but I just had too, just to see what they were saying and it was very graphic too. (just to warn you in case you decide to search for it).

Just really disgusted me!!!!! They even mentioned eating disorders in there! I know they are probably pathetic losers who have nothing else to do with their time but degrade women but it is still disgusting!

Anyways...........sorry to have vented!!!!!!! I hpoe it was okay to post this. If not I do understand if it gets edited or deleted but I think I was pretty careful to not mention the name of it or anything like that.

Marti 07-10-2006 09:32 PM

Hello gals!

Sorry....just trying to catch up on all the things that needed done around the house. Sleep being the most important. :D I think I spent most of my day yesterday doing that! (wasted time)

Please accept my apologies for not doing individuals just yet.....too much to try and catch up on right now. But I will chat a bit about my trip. Not too much as I don't want to bore ya.

Actually, I'm going to find pictures then I'll be back.

Until then......

da fat n da furious 07-10-2006 11:26 PM

hey all,
Marti no worries Mate,,,understand the need for ZZZzzs join us when you are all caught up.
Shel,,,darn and here I was at Costco but didn't snoop in the book section,,which I normally do. I do love the california roll..so tasty. I don't like the soya sauce...never have...hate salt but that green paste,,is an aquired taste.

Jules,,geesh louise...Ive been going through my head of all the things we (notice I say we...lol) could do to that floor...lol Wouldn't it be cool if they had a friend that could do graffiti art? Once it was done,,,put a few coats of varnish on it to save it.
There is this house I saw on the internet for sale...Becky (my friend) is house searching and so I got in to looking too. Well found this house in Airdrie which is about 30 min away from here...way too far BUT it was 3000 square feet,,,with 2 huge garages...visions of sugar plums danced in my head...nah just thought of this wicked place to work on my painting...and I always thought if I had an office(workshop) I would graffiti the floors...and paint the walls blue/white clouds. The ceiling would be bright yellow...like the sun.

Kathy,,,goat would be kinda cool. When is the kid due?

Sue,,,so lucky,,,I can't find ice cream to eat...most have that aspertame in it. not that they have must selection.
Good for you and your walking. Need to do that...Just need a super duper skeeter spray. The stuff we have doesn't do anything..except kill spiders,,,which is good too.

well I should get back to my book...night all

suetalks 07-10-2006 11:48 PM

Beautiful day here again. Hope it was the same at your house. I did laundry and picked up around the house AGAIN. Managed to get in a 2 mile walk after doing a 1 mile WATP and strength training. Now I just need to get my eating act together. I was so bummed out when I weighed this morning. I was UP past what I was when I first came to 3FC's. Grrrr. I have lost that same 5 pounds so many times over the past few years.

Marti- I will go read your trip news. Glad you managed to get rested.

Sassy- I am not even going to look at that site...not give them the satisfaction of a "hit." Sounds like a bunch of creeps!

Jane- Your room sounds great. Hope your foot continues to get better.

Jules- Chili...yum. I usually have soup in the winter, but I have been enjoying it more lately. I need to make some veggie soup that I can eat for lunches. I always get stumped at lunch, then eat too much junk!

Angie- You have such good ideas...want to come decorate my house? I am DONE with the ice cream....well, maybe just a tad now and then. :)

Not alot going on here right now. My computer is still not right and it is so aggravating. Shuts down at the drop of a hat. (I know, so don't drop the hat...) DH said if it keeps up I need to get a new one. But heck, this was a fairly expensive machine in '03. Out of warranty of course!

They are priming the walls at the house, so should be painted this week and the floors started. Brick is ongoing too.

See you tomorrow....

Jane 07-10-2006 11:59 PM

Just checking in to say hi, and since I'm going to be busy tomorrow and may not be able to check in, wanted to say Have a good Tuesday. :)

jules1216 07-11-2006 07:59 AM

Angelia--My DS was going to stick with white for the living room and his bedroom with black floors. The white paint he got cheap--the painters at his job site gave him leftovers, but after seeing the 2nd bedroom done in the maroon he is having second thoughts--he always wanted a "stormy" scene with all shades of grey, black and swirls of white on his bedroom wall at home. I told the girls about the swirls on the floors.
DD's friend is an art major and her other friend also paints so they are going to refinish the wood floors and leave them be-they had talked about painting a "rug" on one of the floors but changed their minds, they are going to paint vines, butterflies, fairies and flowers and such around the moulding on windows and doorways on different spots--some at the top and some at the bottoms. The college boys before drew a coat of arms on the door to the roomate bedroom which will not come off--she is going to paint her whole door in a mural and she is handpainting the border in her room. I can't wait until it is finished!!

Sassy--it's sad they we can't live in a more accepting world--there's always someone that has to cut down others to make themselves feel better.

Sue--alot of times my lunch here at work is a WW or Lean Cuisine meal. I love soup though!!

Marti--glad you are back safely.

Jane--thanks for stopping in!!

I have to go myself--another busy day! Hi to everyone else!!

Cafe Ole 07-11-2006 08:49 AM

ok I am back

Hi All!

I have missed so much in over a week that when I get a chance, I will try to do individuals later - I am sorry I am not typing them at the moment. I am in a bit of a foul mood actually. Ok vacation was GREAT does that sum it up? LOL I slipped off the diet & I am hoping my home scale is lying - I mean is it possible to gain like 8 pounds in a week when you don't cheat (with sweets and no overeating anyhow) BUT I did totally slack on the exercise and had some beers and a little bowl of sherbet - what the heck??? I am freaking out to go get weighed in today so I think I am going to put it off until tomorrow. I am just freaking and cannot believe that those few little slips would set me so far back so fast, I am just disgusted with myself at the moment. :?: :eek: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :censored: :rollpin: :rollpin: :yikes:

da fat n da furious 07-11-2006 10:10 AM

Hey Sue,,,would love to come and decorate your house! So you Robin and myself have all fallen back,,,Ive been working on getting all the weight I gained in the past 6 months off...and its coming off slowly...ssslloooooowly. And yet it goes on so fast.
Robin,,,Missing a few workouts probably shocked your body. Plus with working out you burned more calories. You will get back into your workout and be back to where you were in no time.

Jules...what a great idea! Take pics k? Another idea is to paint checkers,,,being black and white,,,he could have white checkers on the floor since its black,,,but not the whole floor,,,just lets say a third...and then black checks going up the white wall. Would be really cool if it was in three D style...
You once said hes always wanted a dark room, black, like Brandon wanted. I wish you lived nearby,,,I still have almost full can of dark grey...oooh make dark grey stormy clouds...and a streak of lightening across! ok enough,,,I could spend alot of time thinking of decorating ideas....lol

Hey Jane,,,have a fantastic Tuesday!

Shel,,,like Sue,,,Im not even going to check that place out, like you I find that just disgusting how they talk...

well off to work I go...

Jane 07-11-2006 11:15 AM

Hi ladies,

Mary and I were going to have lunch today in a local tea room and do some shopping without the kids, but her allergies are acting up big time, so we're going Friday instead. That really works out better for me, anyway, since I need to get some things done around the house.

Neal and I moved all the living room furniture back the way it was. I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

Add me to the list of those who aren't doing so well. I'm not doing too bad with the food, but since my foot hurts, I'm getting no exercise for my lower body.

Don't know why, but I feel so sad today. :( That's really unlike me.

Later,

Jane 07-11-2006 06:38 PM

Hi ladies,

Well, I'm feeling cheerier. :)

Julie - the vines and butterflies, etc. for your DDs house sound so cute. I admire people who are creative like that, since I'm not at all. How're things going at work?

Robin - welcome back!! I doubt very much that you actually gained 8 pounds while you were gone, so please don't be disgusted with yourself. Have you been getting enough water? Anyway, I'm glad your vacation was great. Any photos to share?

Angelia - how many more days at this job? Bet you can't wait to start the new one.

Hello to anyone reading this. It's been raining here most of the day, and so I've made the most of it curled up with a paperback. Not very productive, but who cares, lol.

Have a good one.

Marti 07-11-2006 09:15 PM

Evening Ladies.

I'm on an early shift at work this week. 8:30-5:00. I'm training so they needed me in early this week. I have to say....those feel too early for me! :lol:

Jane--Glad that you're feeling more cheery. Rainy days always gives me the blues. Especially if I'm home alone. If have someone home, it's not so bad. How is your foot doing?

Jules--You have got to get some photos of that room when they are finished! Sounds great! And it sounds like it would be a lot of fun painting too!

Sassy--It's amazing at all the sites they have on the internet, whether it be about weight or something else that's disturbing. Now, were you the one talking about sushi? James makes sushi quite a bit. One of my favorite things. He'll make it w/tuna, but since I'm not a raw tuna lover, he'll make some for me w/imitation crab or just veggies.

Angie--Are you getting excited about the job change? When does that happen? Your idea for painting a room are wild! I love them. Have you done any of that type of painting in your home? I would love to see something you've done if you have! share w/us Angie!

Sue--I need to get my WATP dvd's out and do them. Actually, one is still in my DVD player!! I've done it a couple times and since the heat started to rise, just haven't gotten around to doing them again. You're doing a great job on your walking.

Robin--Here is my thinking when it comes to weight gain on vacation. I know I must have gained during our trip to San Fran, but the memories are all so worth it. We got to eat at places that I don't get to go to everyday, I got to try things I haven't tried before and I had fun trying them. Now it's time to get back in control and get the weight back off so I can enjoy my time the next time I go on vacation. Don't worry too much....I'm sure a lot of it is water weight. If you were hot....you were probably drinking lots. I know I was!

hello to everyone else out there!

Well I need to get serious on my body. I have seen double chins in some of our photos....that is the LAST thing I want to see. We did so much walking, that it got me wanting to walk more again. The weather has cooled a bit so I may start again before work. But not this week. I need to be out of the house by 7:45 and I like to walk for an hour or so.....and then clean up before work.....I don't want to get up that early. (see all the excuses I come up with?!)

Ok...I need to get some dinner.

I will chat w/you all later!

suetalks 07-11-2006 10:36 PM

Got in another 2 mile walk tonight, but no WATP today. Did the grocery, Lowe's routine this morning in the pouring rain. Put me in a foul mood for the rest of the day. Gal pal did want to walk tonight, which usually cheers me up..... wish we could have walked longer. I was just worn out.

Okay ladies..what can we do to get out of our ruts and back on track? Sounds like most of us are in the same place right now. Is it just a summer funk? For me, I am going to NOT buy more ice cream, low fat or not.

Glad to see you all here, but I am going to skip individuals tonight as I am STILL trying to download/repair this computer.