Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:53 AM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Only 3pts. today. No exercise. Cramping like you wouldn't believe.

Cristi--Congrats on getting all points last week. But if you're not going to reward yourself, are you sure you want to do a weekly point challenge? You should reward yourself w/something. I understand the 200miles reward, that's an achievment! Maybe reward yourself each week by putting money in a pot to go towards that charm bracelet??

Angie--I'm w/ya on the 3pts. Not wanting to exercise...and boy it's not a good thing. Can't seem to get the motivation I had not too long ago. I think I'm stressing out too much.

Jane--Doing great, keep up the great work. Tell us how you totalled today!

Sue--Food would be a downer for me, but I have to make sure I do good somewhere. So I make sure I get my veggie or fruit in.......so why can't I Make sure I exercise???

Susan--Thanks for poppin in and giving encouraging words.

Ok...off to the next post.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:29 AM   #17  
GmaTo8

Total for day 3 - 3 points. It was the food, again. Grrrr!! Subtotal = 10

Marti - I agree with doing the reward the way Angie set it up. I get a lot of satisfaction everytime I pick up the book that I earned last week.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #18  
kitty Momo

You are welcome Marti (and I meant to say thank you on my father Marti- I am too lazy to go back to email and write that )

I think everyone is doing well and it is fun to keep track of you all, inspires us slackers (pssssst, if you don't want a reward Cristi, I will take it!! haha) - ok, lame humor.

Best to you all! Cute name too!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #19  
GmaTo8

What an inspirational post Susan. Angie came up with the name, and we all thought it was so cute. The only problem I'm having is that once I go over my ww points, and I know I don't get my point here.... it's too easy to eat even more! Knowing that I will be checking in everyday is a good motivation, though.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #20  
kitty Momo

Any tool that can be used is always helpful. I think the most useful tool though ( I have learned this after 6 years on the weight boards) is the encouragement we get from each other. I don't think you can ever replace that. It means so much for others that we share our weight loss with to offer a congrats or a or a or a ....btw - what IS that smilie?? lol........encourage each other, you will be amazed what that can mean to them.

Keep up the good work to you all!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

SUSAN...you can have my reward, whatever that is going to be, lol! And a big THANK YOU!

MARTI...the challenge is to prove to me that I can do it and that is my reward. But it seems odd to me to reward myself every time with something that I normally buy anyway. Now if I could think of something that would be extra special then I will reward myself, but haven't found that yet. I already have a charm bracelet so the charm is a big reward because of the cost and then having to have it put on the bracelet. Marti, I will try to think of something since I have been doing so well.

Anyway...so far today the eating is coming along, am on my third bottle of water, took my vitamins but no actual exercise (free day). I did mow the front yard, not counting it but it is something on my free day so feel good about that. Did get 4 pts yesterday so that is a total of 12 pts. so far.

Keep up the good work ladies!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 06-09-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:44 PM   #22  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Okay...I am totally failing with this food thing. 3 points today for a total of 11. Now my walking partner has gone on vacation so I don't know how that will work on my exercise. Geesh...everything is plotting against me.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #23  
GmaTo8

I've got 4 for today so far. Now, if I can just keep myself out of the kitchen!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:17 AM   #24  

2pts for me today. Feeling just terrible.

Not even gonna get close to reward points.....
Old 06-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #25  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

yesterday was a crash and burn day.
2 points..
total =11

Marti,,its hard to do this when you are not feeling well.
Sue,,,its only a short period of time your walking buddy is gone...can you do something else for that time?
Jane...I need to get into the kitchen...and actually cook some meals.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:17 AM   #26  
GmaTo8

Let's see... I got 4 for Thursday, but only 3 for yesterday. I ate out twice and didn't eat clean at all.

My total for 5 days so far is 17. No way I can make up that many points to get my reward. And dang, I had a set of coasters picked out that I wanted.

Angie, Marti and Sue - since the 4 of us aren't doing so good, maybe concentrating on home cooked meals would help us, like Angie said. I have to admit, now that Neal is retired, we eat out too much. Plus, I've brought snack foods into the house that would have never got in over the threshold a year ago and wonder if this could be a prob at your house, too?
Old 06-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #27  

I've got a total of 18 so far. I've been doing ok. Won't be seeing any reward.

My problem is the exercise. I can eat clean and get in all the water and vitamins I need....but exercise is like the plague to me.

I need to start thinking differently. Not sure why I'm avoiding exercise!

Next WILL be different! A promise I need to make to myself.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:00 PM   #28  
Give me strength

Ok so for Friday and Today Ive not done well at all. I admit I didn't eat much yesterday but when I did it was not clean. So in the two days I have done 5 points...
total = 16 pathetic!

Yes Jane that is the problem. I did my grocery shopping and bought clean. Mostly fruit and veggies. I did spend more time in the kitchen today but still need to get in water and exercise to bring me up to my full 4.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:40 PM   #29  
GmaTo8

Well, I tried hard yesterday and got all 4 points. But today I already blew the food point. So even if I make it to 3, that would give me...(17+4 =21,+ 3 = )24 points. OHHH!!! So close, but so far away!! One lousy point!!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #30  
Give me strength

19 all together...pretty bad.
Closed Thread