Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #31  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Jules ~~ I just think it's easier keeping track in my own notebook of my daily log than on a computer site, which I had been doing. I think you will atleast lose 5 pounds by the end of May ~ YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 05-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #32  
ugggg.....

Michelle ma belle--I actually pulled out my old WW stuff--there was the sheet to track your food that I am going to use. It doesn't take as much time as entering on the computer and I think I will keep track more accurately--everytime something goes in my mouth it will be written down and accounted for.

You Can Do IT
Old 05-15-2006, 02:01 PM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Hello again girls!!

I got my half hour/2miles in on the gazelle. I am creating a journal where I write all my stats in. I started one before, but that is being tossed. Not much organization in there. This one will be different.

Kimberly--I'm glad that you'll be going to see your friend. I'm sure it'll mean so much to her to see you.

Michelle--How old are your DD's again? They're in highschool right? My DD wants to walk more this summer too. She's already lost weight just from being more active in school. The difference she is seeing is making her want to do more. I figure, as long as she's not over doing it, she should be fine.

Jules--I've been thinking of keeping track of my miles w/walking and gazelle. And if I ever get my darn tires pumped up on my bike I would add that too! Your lunch sounds good! I've been drinking my Crystal light too! Lemonade. Lunch for me will be a tuna sandwhich.

Hello to the rest of you gals out there!

Ok...I've got an hour before I go to work. Need to shower and try and get presentable for people.

You all have a marvelous day!!

Old 05-15-2006, 02:02 PM   #34  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon. I was here last night and after typing a nice long post my computer ate it or something. Grrrrr. I wish I were more computer literate I might have been able to find it.

Well, after no exercise and just trying to skip snacks and get my liquid I LOST 1 pound. I will take that for sure. Now if this weather breaks and I can get back to walking I feel I will lose more. On top of that DH just stated this morning that he is going to eat healthy with me. So, that is a help and last time we did this together I lost 15 pounds. (no ice cream or goodies in the house)

Mother's Day was great. We took Mom to Olive Garden and then came here and relaxed. DD came over for awhile and she took Mom home for me. We actually had our MD and DD's birthday last Sun. since the "boys" were home. But all 3 of the CA kids called me yesterday, so that was nice too.
In the late afternoon I took DH dinner to the lot where he had gone to work on his barn. I ended up staying and helping him for 2 hours in the sprinkling rain. When I came home I was cold and settled in to my "blankie" and reading the paper. Very lazy!

Today is housework day...ugh. I get so tired of cleaning toilets and doing laundry. I think I will add to my 5 million dollar dream by saying I would hire a housekeeper! Nothing else much going on here so I will run along and stick my head in the toilet...lol.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:10 PM   #35  

Marti ~~ Great job gettin your 2 miles of exercising in! My DD's are 19 and 17.5, and the oldest is married and out on her own. My younger daughter is very concious with food and exercising, and right now for her PE class, she has strength training, and usually 2-3 nights a week, she does my WATP dvds with the hand weights.

Jules ~~ I'm glad you found your WW stuff and can keep track of every bit going in the mouth. I think I will do better when I can just open up my book and see my good days where I have lost weight and what differently I was doing at that particular time. This is hard, but I WILL do it!

Sue ~~ Take it easy and don't work too hard with the house cleaning!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:12 PM   #36  

Jules ~~ I LOVE my new Eeyore avatar! He is my most favorite character out of all the disney characters. He's just do darn adorable!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:30 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies!

Katie - aww, glad you got pampered yesterday. You deserve it. Wow, that's good news about your son maybe passing his classes. Hope he does. Are you talking about an outside bike? I've got one that I love, but it's so hilly out here that it kills me to go up them, lol. I do love to coast down, though. Well, no wonder you've been struggling with the weight! At least you know the meds are the cause.

Michelle - Yay for being OP. I don't like hot weather, either. If only I could have a perfect 74 degrees at all times, lol.

Kim - I know you'll get right back OP. When will your friend know if they got all the cancer? Your visit will cheer her up.

Marti - aww, so glad you had a meal with Jhanai and that your son called. That's so sweet.

Jules - OMG, what did you think of Grey's Anatomy?? I am hooked on that show, and can't wait for the 2 hour finale tonight. Do you think Denny will die? I feel sure Preston won't. Hey, your lunch sounds great!

Robin - I have to color my gray hair, too. It's a big pain, but everyone tells me to not go gray yet. Wow, I hope you get the promotion! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, ok?

Angie - seems like everyone likes the Pointer Sistas for a title of our goal group. How should we do the points? Can/should we include one for taking a vitamin? Silly as it sounds, I do better with water and other stuff than taking a vitamin. So it's a real challenge for me to take one everyday. But if I got a point for it... maybe I'd do better.

Kathy - so glad you were able to use the Pluto avatar. What're your plans for the day?

Well, ladies, I'm climbing Mt Washmore today, lol. How can we dirty so many clothes on vacation?? In a while, I have to go write checks for bills. Yuk.

I'm doing great OP, and the water, and will do the gazelle later. I'll take a vitamin if Angie says I get a point for it, lol.

I'll be back afterwhile.

PS - ACKK!! It's taking me forever to post this - our internet keeps going in and out. I'm clicking on "submit reply", then "back" over and over. If I don't make it back, you'll know why.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Sue - you posted while I was trying to submit mine. YAY for the one pound down. Having your DH eating healthy with you will be so much easier, as you know. Neal and Katie are real good about going along with me doing
WW, too. I too get tired of my domestic goddess duties, lol.

Michelle - glad you found the eeyore. As I mentioned in the PM, google is a real good way to find stuff, and you sure found a cute one.

Here's hoping this will post.....
Old 05-15-2006, 03:25 PM   #39  

Jane ~~ Thanks for the info on Eeyore...I LOVE him! I could live with year round weather at 75F...perfect!
Old 05-15-2006, 04:52 PM   #40  
I can dream, can't I?

Just a quick note to say I posted the pictures of the two vanities DH made for the new house. They are prettier in person than the camera shows... We like the wood to be natural, no stain, so that is why it is varigated colors. We just put a poly finish to protect from water...nothing to color it. They are in the Furniture album.

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Be back...
Old 05-15-2006, 06:58 PM   #41  
ugggg.....

Jane -- I am so hooked on this show my husband teases me about it--He will watch Cold Case and CSI with me but he doesn't like Grey's. I love all the characters for their personality quirks. Preston can't die but I am wondering if Denny will--I read somewhere that he's going to be the long lost Dad to the two guy's in WB's Supernatural which is filmed in Canada (Don't watch that one myself).

Sue--yay for the one pound loss!! I couldn't figure out how to make the pictures show up I bet they are beautiful though!!

Michelle ma belle-I with you on the mid 70's ( I even enjoy the upper 60's), sunshine and no dreaded humidity!!

Marti--everyone seems to be enjoying tuna--I might just have to take some for lunch tomorrow....

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:40 PM   #42  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello Everyone

Wow my computer is really slow tonight. The only thing I miss about living in town is the high speed internet.

I am just popping in really quick to say hi. I think that the little guy just might have chicken pox. I was sure he was vaccinated against it, but if it is not this, then the poor child is covered in mosquito bites. I will run him in to the clinic to make sure.

Ok I will check in with you all later

Kathy
Old 05-15-2006, 10:55 PM   #43  

Good Evening Ladies...

Just a note here because I'm absolutely roasting sitting here typing in the dining room! It's 98F right now and I hate it! When my DH got off work, we went and bought a new AC for our bedroom, and now he is on his way back to the store to buy one for the downstairs in the living room; $219 later for the two, but this is only just the beginning of the hot weather. Atleast we will be sleeping more comfortable. Have a good evening everyone and I'll be back tomorrow...
Old 05-15-2006, 11:26 PM   #44  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies,

Katie you lucky girl,,,having yoru boys doing all the chores.... I just worked harder and had them working with me once they were home. I had heard that some meds do cause weight gain,,,specially antidepressants. How long do you think you will be on those meds? Are there other types you can have?

Kathy,,,hope the lil guys doesn't have chicken pox...but then again getting them done now,,,and not lets say next month during hotter weather. And since hes not in school (hes not in school is he? Thinking he is 3-4 yrs old)
Get some benedryl and calamine lotion,,,

Marti,,,I buy this hair dye called Manic Panic...it comes in VERY bright colors,,,check out their web site...we bought hot hot pink,,,black blue, and dynomite lizard or something like that,,,,weird green.
cha cha ...swing those hips...if you do the mowing enough you can consider that a workout with them dance steps you are taking...lol

Michelle,,,isn't it nice about no more TOMs? I am almost 12 weeks now....ahhh
We had the most splendid weather today,,,hot hot hot. I had a bit of tan just from being out and about during lunch...would rather eat my chicken wrap outside. I am thinking thou we may need a A/C for upstairs,,,as we all know heat rises...two story houses, not a good thing in the hot summer.
which reminds me I need to go and get my vehicle seriously washed,,,as in the passenger seat,,,that bowl of cereal and milk,,,*gag well with the heat,,,*gag nuff said.

Sue,,,it said I had to sign in to look at the pics,,,I do have a yahoo account so do I just do that, use mine? Good job on the loss...

Jules, I have heard everyone talking about Grey. I did watch it a few times but I always missed during a theatre play. So never got HOOKED. Draw back of theatre. I do like my CSI vegas thou,,,not the other two.

Ok Jane,,,what I am thinking is this,,,4 points per day. 1 for exercise, 1 for water, 1 for food, 1 for misc. (in your case vitamins) mine will be for one house hold chore I hatee...lol Or possibly taking vitamins...lol
So what does everyone think about this new challenge? 28 points per week, if you get 25 and up give yourself a reward. Is 25 too steep?

Ate healthy today,,,trying to get all the water in,,,so far not bad. I will have to say my workout was cleaning more junk out of the basement,,,We pulled everything out of what will be Brandon's room...and will be laying his floor in. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...lol
Old 05-15-2006, 11:47 PM   #45  
I can dream, can't I?

Jules-Just click on the link and my albums should show up. Click on the furniture album and see what my DH has made. It might take a few seconds for the pictures to come up.

Yay! I was able to walk tonight with just a few sprinkles chilling me. I got in a little over 2 miles and hope/plan to do more tomorrow. No snacks for us tonight...so that is a start. DH usually eats ice cream almost every night. My downfall is salty snacks. We are starting on the K.I.S.S. diet tomorrow and have lost weight on it before. (The keep it simple stupid diet) Very easy to follow, so we will see what happens this time. I feel like I can do well on the eating for three or four days and then I just quit....so I am going to build that plan into the week and allow for a little something special every fourth day. If I am thinking about what I am going to have for a treat then the other days will go easier and faster. Right? I have tried NOT thinking about food, but it seems to be all I think about when I am trying to stay OP. So I might as well spend those thoughts planning a special treat.
Hey, whatever works.

Michelle- I wish it were warmer here, but not as warm as your area. I would love mid 70's all the time too. Our boys live in San Diego and they say the weather is perfect most all year.

Kathy- I hope the little one doesn't have chicken pox. Poor guy. I have a slow dial up internet too. My son keeps telling me I would love cable modem.

Grey's Anatomy fans- OMG what did you think of the 2 hour finale tonight? Had to switch back and forth between that and The Apprentice the last hour. So did Mrs. McDreamy know he had been with Meredith tonight? How many of you knew what would happen when he and Meredith went into that room? LOL

Jane- I am trying real hard to become a Domestic Goddess. Just seems my tiara keeps slipping. Can't keep it up there, the halo takes up too much space.

Marti- Can you teach me to boogie and mow the lawn? HA...what a way to get your exercise in.

My computer glitched again and I couldn't read all the posts...but I will catch up soon. Hello to everyone else.
Closed Thread