Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #46  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Hey Gayle...nice to SEE you! Your new picture looks great!

The picture is of the quilt top after it was all sewn together. I just took it to a friend of mine who is going to quilt it on her longarm quilting machine. That means that she will layer the top with batting (the fluffy stuff in the middle) and the backing fabric (it's a black, red and gold stripe) and then she will quilt (sew) all the layers together. Once she gets done with it I'll sew a binding around the outside edges and it will be all done!
Old 05-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #47  
Losing it...again!

Wait a minute...I swear there was a picture of Gayle here somewhere! Now I'm seeing flowers...what happened to Gayle?
Old 05-17-2006, 10:31 PM   #48  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Suzy, Okay...that's a bit more of a quilt than I can do. I did a couple of basic ones and then did a rail fence. My next one is going to be a log cabin quilt. THis one is supposed to be easy because you sew the pieces with the backing and the batting at the same time. I'm excited to start. I'm just a beginner. My mom has done it alot longer than me. I get my pointers from her. I'll have to see if I can get a pick of the quilt I did on here. I have it on my other computer.

So how did everyone do today? I was okay until I ate those dang animal crackers. (carb carb carb) and then it went all to pieces after that.

Out of curiousity...What do you each do for exercise and eating plans? I'm thinking about going back to weight watchers. I am going to a weight loss doctor but I haven't seen much in results and I just feel like I"m wasting their time and my money.

Chris
Old 05-17-2006, 10:33 PM   #49  
Losing it!

YEP! I had the pic of me, but it stayed tiny and I couldn't get it the right size. You thought you were losing your mind, huh??? LOL!

The pic now is a wet on wet painting I did a few years ago. I started with a blank canvas then painted in acrylics the background colors of blues, mauves, greens, then all I used to paint the entired painting was white oil paint. As I painted, it lifted the color to reveal the underneath shades. Cool, huh? I keep thinking I want to paint another one, just not enough hours in the day!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:36 PM   #50  
Losing it!

Chris, we posted at the same time. I try to follow the WW core plan...a big emphasis on TRY! LOL! I then TRY to get in some form of exercise per day such as walking or toning. Feel free to join the exercise thread. Shelley & Dee are the QUEENS of exercise and they will welcome you with open arms. Please post a pic of your quilt too!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #51  
Focus on the Process

Ahhhh....an exercise thread! I'm on my way to check it out.

Chris
Old 05-17-2006, 11:02 PM   #52  
Focus on the Process

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../babyquilt.jpg

I'm hoping it worked. If not, I'll have to try posting a pic of my quilt later

Chris
Old 05-18-2006, 12:22 AM   #53  
Losing it!

GORGEOUS CHRIS!!! I couldn't tell by the pic...what colors of fabric did you use? It looks like bright colors? You are very talented too!
Old 05-18-2006, 12:48 AM   #54  
Focus on the Process

I used very bright colors. The striped fabric reminded me of a mexican fiesta print, and I used a lime green and I a blue polke dot fabric for the rails. The border was a primary colored ABC print and the back is a pretty yellow dotted fabric. It turned out pretty good. I was trying to sell it on ebay but no one wants to buy a quilt at the tail end of spring. I'll try again in the fall. I'm going to make some more quilts though before then. I have the whole summer off from school and as soon as I get all the kids' dental appt out of the way and my regular doc. appts, then I'm free to work on it. Of course, I have to find the time to get Quickbooks going for my husband's business too...Why does all those tedious work related projects always get in the way of my fun???? LOL

Chris
Old 05-18-2006, 05:39 AM   #55  

Wow, we have some very talented people here. Chris and Suzy, your quilts are beautiful. Gayle, of course we know you are a talented artist and make beautiful things.

Cheryl-We are here for you, whatever you decide.

Chris-I try to follow WW Core, but lately more Flex. I run at least 30 miles per week as exercise.

I am so disappointed in Becky. She is saying really nasty things about Mike, since he lost his job. She thinks he can find a job by the snap of his fingers. I know she is upset because we were going to get her a car and a laptop before she goes to college. We will be getting the laptop, as soon as we can put enough money together. The car will have to wait until after Mike gets a job and my equity line is completed. They approved the equity, but that was before Mike lost his job. I have papers to sign so they can check employment, and I want to wait until he finds something.

Suzy-We have had very little rain here. It did rain Tuesday, but not nearly enough.

Dee-It's been 9 months already? I can't believe it!! You are right about the pecans being healthy, but not when you eat a cup at a time! That's probably 1000 calories and 100 fat grams! There was no sugar, salt or anything on them. They are gone now, though!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 05-18-2006 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:05 AM   #56  
Focus on the Process

Shelley, I did Flex before and liked it. I'm thinking about going back to that and saving me some money at the doctor. I did get up early this morning instead of laying in bed and did 35 min of WATP Kickboxing. I'm tired but it felt good.

Okay...HI EvERYONE! I have to go and get ready for work now. THen its off to the dentist with the girls.

CHeck back later.
chris
Old 05-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #57  

Wow it was nice to come here this morning and see all the new posts. Keep it up girls.
We had a nice get together last night with the kids. Dez was happy with all her presents. She thanks you for all the birthday wishes.
I have been binging on sugar. I have to stop eating it. I dropped one of my heart pills last week because its side effect is sugar cravings. I have never had such strong sugar cravings before. It has to stop before I put on too much weight.

Suzy that is quite an interesting story behind the quilt. Very cool. Larry’s mom has done a lot of quilting. She has a quilting machine. The part I would love to do the most is the quitting stitches. I don’t know how to sew good by machine but I love to hand stitch.
I guess you aren’t losing it after all.

Chris I journal daily and have lost my weight through ww’s flex plan. Gayle boast that I am an exercise queen but you will not find any post of my exercise. I tend to be to competitive so I stopped posting for now. When I feel that I have things under control I will post again. I swim, walk, jog, bike, work out at the gym, aqua size and lift weights.
I love your quote. I couldn’t stop laughing when I read it.
You put a lot of detain into your quilt. It looks really wonderful. It would go perfect in my basement. I have a Mexican theme going on down there.
Do your girls have braces?
Good for you getting out of bed to exercise. I am off for a walk as soon as I post this.

Gayle what method did you use to paint your picture. You did an awesome job. It looks like a lot of fun. I have been thinking about the artist in you lately but I didn’t want to ask because I figured you were to busy and I didn’t want to sadden you.

Shelley that isn’t very nice about Becky putting down Mike. I know that she is upset because this directly affects her getting her lap top and a car but it isn’t fair. I rule with a tough love method. If it was Dez and she was being really harsh and continued with the attitude I would warn her that she would be losing the privilege of getting these goods or that she would have to pay for a part of them unless she changed her attitude. I am sure that Mike is feeling bad enough already.
The pecans are good for you Shelley. Are you sure that you are eating enough when you count all the calories that you are burning when you are running?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:32 PM   #58  

Please stop!!

A new thread has been started---

See ya at #74
Old 05-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #59  
Losing it...again!

Gayle ~ I'm glad to know that I wasn't seeing things! Your painting is gorgeous! You're a very talented lady! (I still would like to see a picture of you over there though. )

Chris ~ Your quilt is beautiful! I love all the bright colors that you used in it! I made table runners for Christmas presents using that one step quilting method this past year, but I've never seen it used in a log cabin...sounds interesting!

I basically cut out a lot of the junk food I was eating and started eating healthier. I also count calories and watch portion sizes. I walk for exercise. Lately I have been thinking that I need to add something for toning and firming up...but I'm not sure what to do yet.

Shelley ~ I think I have to agree with Dee about Becky's attitude towards Mike and the whole situation that your family is in right now. It is the perfect time for her to learn that things don't always go your way in the real world and that sometimes family hardships mean that everyone in the family has to make some sacrifices.

Dee ~ I like handquilting the best too...I like to do it and I love the look of it! The underground railroad quilt is going on the bed in the spare room. My grandgirls sleep in there and play on the bed a lot, so I wanted this one machine stitched. I'm thinking that it will hold up better to the wear and tear of two bouncy little girls!

Cheryl ~ You've been on my mind a lot lately...how are things going?
Closed Thread