Old 05-02-2006, 08:44 AM   #16  

I love your forum. May I join you?
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:07 AM   #17  

CW: ABSOLUTELY! We are always looking for new ladies to join us. If you look at the first post on the thread, you will see the topics for the day, our points system, etc. So just hop right in and join in on the points. I try to get in here earlier than everyone everyday to set up the topic and do points for the previous day. Sometimes I have an early bird that beats me, but not often. Tell us a little about yourself! Where do you live in CA? We lived in San Diego years and years ago and my sister and most of her kids live in Southern CA.

I am 52, have two grown kids, Jack, who is 32 and Kelly, who is 28. I have a grandson, Thomas (my avatar) who will be 6 next month and is in kindergarten. I have been married 33 years to a scrumptious man and we live in Memphis, Tn having traveled all over when my dh spent 20 years in the Navy. He now works for the City of Memphis as an electrician. I am a stay at homer having left my job 4 years ago.

We have married ladies, singles, some with kids, some not and I am the only "nonny" (my grandson's name for me.)

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #18  

Ooh ooh! We get to do intros again? Fun Now I can be all different, right?

*Deep man-voice*
Ah Yeah. I'm a 52 year old plumber. I like tequilas and walking in the rain.....

Ok, that's enough of that. Ha ha!
I'm Lee Ann. I'm married with 2 girls (3 and 1). I play violin, do martial arts, but 95% of my time is spent Picking Up After My Kids and Husband!!!! Heh heh.

BTW ladies.. I got 3 points yesterday. Water.. yuck! I'm just going to start chugging it all at once first thing in the morning to get it over with.

-Lee Ann
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:39 AM   #19  

POINT:

Faye
LeeAnn
Old 05-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #20  

I'm Susan - 64, full time job and sole caregiver for a disabled husband. No children, but one spoiled cat. I love to read and quilt.

Ladies, my husband's bypass (left leg) is scheduled for Friday, May 12. He will be in the hospital at least 5 days. His surgeon is having surgery himself on the 11th so another surgeon from the practice will be doing the operation.
I'll be so glad to get this over.

We are changing internet providers at work, so expect some problems tomorrow and may not get to check in.

4 points for yesterday.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:15 AM   #21  

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome. I live in central california. I'm 44 years young. I've been married to my best friend for 16 years. We have two kids. My son is 23. He is a firefighter in our town. My daughter is 14, and she's a competitive cheerleader and hip hop dancer. I also have a beautiful 18 month old granddaughter. I'm now a stay home mom (after working the same job for 18 years) with a wonderful home-based as an Arbonne Indpendent Consultant. I also babysit my granddaughter about a few times a month, as firefighter hours are great and allow him to spend plenty of time with his daughter.

As far as my weight loss, I've lost and found (uuuggghhh) the same weight a million times. I'm really having a hard time changing my ugly weight gaining habits with healthy ones. Unfortunately I lost control the last year or so, and I'm now disgusted with myself for having done that. Anyway, I've decided to work on one bad habit at a time. This week is no sugar. So far for so good. When I've master that one, I'll move on the getting rid of Diet Pepsi, and drinking more water.

Susan, I will pray for you and your husband.

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome. I so look forward to making some new friends.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:18 AM   #22  

Hi everyone...see I'm still here

1 point for exercise yesterday...I'm just starting from scratch. I did weigh myself yesterday, and after a month of eating total crap--I actually only gained a few pounds (Thank goodness!). I'm back up to 212, though. Gotta get back on the wagon.

Welcome CW! I'm a stay at home mom of 3 (7,10 & 12) in Maine. I'm also a professional nonfiction writer and editor. That's a part time gig right now, but I'm working on building the business this year. I've been part of this group for --sheesh, must be 3 years now? I lost 50 pounds two years ago just by following Faye's points system and relying on the support here. SO, you can do it! I still have over 50 to lose, and that has been the hard part.

Susan, you and your husband are in my heart and mind. Take care of yourself!

Everyone else--HI!!

TTFN<
JUlie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:47 AM   #23  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. If you have a gripe, complaint, or sorrow, let's voice it today!

Susan
Faye
Julie
Carri
LeeAnn

CW: I would love to sit for my grandson some, but his other grandparents, who are both retired, live across the street so they take care of him all the time. I don't see him as much as I like, but we try to make up for it when we do see him. Look at it this way, at least you don't have to wean yourself of full sugar soda. I have done that twice and it is murder. If you like sweets etc, try substituting sugar free stuff. For example, I now use sugar free syrup on my oatmeal instead of sugar or even Splenda. It is a good oomph to my oatmeal! I know those who propose a no white diet, but I can't live life that way. Those who can are more fortunate I guess. The one bad thing at a time is a good way to go about it!

Julie: You work too hard now girl. Have you given up the skating for the summer months? I do hope your writing takes off though.

Susan: Thank goodness he is finally getting into surgery. Now, are they amputating or is this to try and save the leg with more artery replacement or whatever it was he had done before?

**Let's all be sure and include Susan and her hubby in our prayers this week and next.**

I am rolling right along again with my program. I have to say I am pretty sore between my regular daily house cleaning, my treadmill and weights workouts and the painting. I am doing the very last of the painting today then we are done with the room. It looks so nice.

Everyone have a super day!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 05-03-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:28 AM   #24  

What Julie didn't mention is that she's also a very fantastic fiction writer, too! Make sure you're in on her "proof reading" team when she DOES write more!!!

Julie- Glad to see you back! We were getting worried about you.

Susan- YAY! They're finally getting to it! Bet your man is just going to LOVE wearing the hose when they send him home. Very macho. LOL!

CW- 23 and 14? So you had built in babysitting. Some friends of mine did the same thing. Theirs are 14, 12, and 1. Their two oldest love it. *smiles*

Anyhow, I have started it. I chugged all of my water for the day first thing this morning. Now I know I have it done, anyway. And no picking on me about drinking it Throughout the day... at least I'm drinking it.

Let's see.. yesterday was so fractured.. I got 3 for sure, but I think I only drank a little water. So I'll say 3 points for me.

Wedsnesday's Woe- Oh Woe is me! I'm doing free daycare for a friend of mine in return for babysitting whenever Dave and I want to go out. She's backed out of it two weeks in a row now. First she said she was busy all Saturday morning and was so pooped out. The second/last time, she just didn't show up at all. No phone call, she says she forgot. We're only asking for a Saturday night like once every couple of months. If this keeps up, I'm going to either start charging her or stop babysitting for her.

-Lee Ann
Old 05-03-2006, 10:12 AM   #25  
It is what it is...

Morning All - had a 3 pointer yesterday AND I am finally wearing a pair of pants to work today that I have not been able to get into for a while I couldn't go eat a buffet in them but hey they are zipped

Welcome CW - I am 32 years old, married to my high school sweetheart for 12 years, no kids, one doggie Les, work at an insurance company. Hobbies include reading, watching TV, and counting calories... ha ha ... I follow the WW points system ... I have lost over 50 pounds in the last couple of years by doing that plan...got about 60 more sadly.

Susan - Hope all goes well with Dh on Friday

Julie - So glad to hear from you ... you didn't gain that much , you can get that back off easily.

AManda - Hi !!!

Lee - I also like walks in the rain, ha that was a good one ... I wouldnt put up with being taken advantage of much longer with the sitter ...
she needs to hold up her end of the bargain as well ...

Faye - Congrats on sticking to your plan, I see you have changed your weight on the signature ,,, so things are going well for you .... great job!!!

I really do not have a Weds woe which I guess is good right? Well hope you all have a great OP day !!!!

Later!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #26  

Thanks, ladies for your concern. It means a lot.

Faye, they are doing a bypass of the artery in his leg since the 5 stents they put in clogged up immediately and they don't know why. They have to bypass clear down to his ankle and the concern was there might not be enough artery left to hook into but there is. When they did the mapping, the doctor said he only has about 20% circulation in that leg at this point.

I had 4 points yesterday. I'm trying to be very careful until he goes into the hospital because the hospital has good food in the cafeteria but they also have killer macaroni and cheese that keeps crawling up onto my tray when I'm not looking. I usually get supper there and if he's allowed to eat I take it back and eat with him, otherwise eat in the cafeteria. It's that or be eating at 10 o'clock at night which I definitely don't want to do.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:27 AM   #27  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so do a little something special for yourself today.

Faye
CW:

Susan: I am so glad they are going to go in and try and fix your husband's leg. I hope all goes very well with it. If I were you and you were desperate for the mac and cheese, buy it with whatever you are having for dinner, then scrap half off into the trash before going up to see your hubby and eat dinner with him!

Carri: Yahoo for you and the pants. They will soon fit a bit more loose I am sure. Just keep up the good work.

LeeAnn: I know a lot of people who don't like to drink water. It IS best to drink it throughout the day, but if you really can't manage it, do what you can.

Have a really good day everyone.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 05-04-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #28  

Hello everyone,

I have 2 points for Tuesday, and 2 pts. for yesterday. I'm still having trouble with exercise. making every excuse I can, and before I know it, it's too late (or so I tell myself). Anyway, I hope you all have a blessed day.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #29  

Hey girls!

Let's see.. I think I got ... like 1 point today. It's been pretty bad. I didn't go off program too badly, but I definitely did. I'm up one pound because of it.

Something funny.. Tuesday I played my violin SO badly that my instructor Took It Away! Really! I came home violin-less!

Apparently my technique is good and my playing is ok, but I'm using synthetic hair in the bow (wic), my strings are about 8 years too old (also wic), and my bridge is holding my strings too high off of the instrument so I have to work harder to get the right notes (also also wic). (Sorry.. was watching Monty Python's Holy Grail today )

So I'm waiting for it to be fixed and returned to me today. I can't WAIT wo see how I do with it!

Luv ya ladies, but we're off to a party tonight (no food...thank Heavens)

-Lee Ann
Old 05-05-2006, 06:36 AM   #30  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous LBs down Friday so let's see some losses!

Faye
LeeAnn
Julie

LBS Down:

Faye (25 lbs down) X10 X10

Everyone have a super day today! Looks like our baseball game tonight is going to get rained out. This is also the beginning of Memphis in May, the big festival here that has the yearly BBQ contest and a huge music festival. People are going to be slopping in the mud for the fourth year in a row.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 05-05-2006 at 07:19 AM.