Old 04-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #16  

Good Evening, Flowers! I had bell choir at 5:00 this afternoon so now I feel like I should be heading off to bed. It has warmed up again; we had heat at school this morning and ended up opening windows once the sun came around.

The tub man did come and it took him longer to repair than he anticipated. He found some more cracks! He did say that it almost appeared that someone at the factory had sabotaged a whole section of tubs because they are having lots of tubs from this serial number series show up with cracks. Right now the tub looks brand new and it has a 5 year warranty on it. My house REEKED like airplane glue when I got home. I was glad it was a nice day so I could open windows to air it out.

"Gma" -- I haven't tried them yet, but on another thread, the gals are saying they really like the WW muffins and little cakes. They buy them at Wal-Mart but I would think other stores would also carry them. I would love to have someone else do my cooking and all I had to do was show up. I hope you can get your computers going again . . . aggravating when they don't work right.

I have a load of jeans to put in the dryer so better keep moving. Have a terrific Thursday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #17  

Good morning gals! It is cool again this morning, but supposed to warm up to mid 70's, which is fine with me!

Jean: I have had both the muffins and the cakes from WW. The cakes are teeny tiny and I don't think people expect that from looking at the box. They aren't much bigger than 2 fingers wide and only about 2.5 inches long so it isn't much of a snack for the calories. The muffins are pretty good. I have been trying to stay away from buying any kind of sweets like that as I am afraid of eating more than I should. Those Nabisco snack packs have an oreo type cookie that are thin little disks of choolate about the size of a nickel and they are nice to eat if you are craving chocolate. I really like the Nabisco 100 calorie snack packs. I had toast with sugar free jam and a scrambled egg with fresh mushrooms and a slice of lowfat cheese melted on top with a bit of hot sauce for breakfast. It was yummy. I usually eat egg beaters, but I looked and mine are expired so I had to eat a regular egg. Scrambled up with stuff added I can't tell the difference actually.

I am supposed to get Jack's office rug today and we are tackling his office starting Friday night after we get back from Lowes. I will be glad when it is all done. I imagine the pleated shades take a couple weeks to get in though and until then he will have those awful red curtains on the windows!

Well, I better vamoose. I need to clean the upstairs bathrooms today.

Have a great Thursday!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:43 PM   #18  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! My computer is acting up so if I disappear you will know why. I can tell it is getting towards the end of the week and the kids are getting antsy. We are supposed to get rain tonight and through the weekend so maybe they will settle down . . . or get worse.

"Gma" -- It will be nice get Jack's office overhauled so you can be done with the project! I hope it all goes smoothly. I've never tried Egg Beaters but I do like the 100 calorie snacks from Nabisco. The last time I looked for the little fruit thingys and couldn't find any at WM nor the 2 grocery stores. I wonder if they discontinued those.

I am going to a musical toy party tonight . . . not sure if I will buy anything because I have a feeling that things will be pricey. However, maybe I could buy one toy for each household.

Have a nice evening and a fantastic Friday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote