Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:28 PM   #1066  

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I'd love to join

Hi everyone - I need some accountability and support from friends. I just started the Fat Smash Diet on Monday - so far so good. Today was the first day I haven't had a killer headache - caffiene withdraws I'm sure.

I have about 25 - 30lbs to lose and would really enjoy the great support from this group.

I'm still learning my way around this website - where do you get the cool footers that are on most everyone's posts?? Not the smilie faces, the ones that show how much weight people have lost. I need to "jazz" up my posts.

FitinBoise
Old 01-31-2007, 10:35 PM   #1067  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

FitinBoise! Glad you're on board. I noticed that we're about the same weight with approximately the same goal. If you click on anyone's weight tracker (the footer you were asking about) it will walk you through making your tracker. Afterwards you can change your tracker by going to User CP on the top left hand corner of this page and go to Edit Signature. As you lose the weight you can just change the number in the html code instead of redoing the tracker every time. Hope this explanation isn't too confusing!
Good luck on your weight loss journey. Looking forward hearing from you again.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:48 AM   #1068  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

FitinBoise welcome to the site. Lots of good ideas and friendly support here. We all lose differently so what is this type of diet your on? Never heard of it before? If you feel like sharing.
Well girls a bit busier than I would of liked to be the last few days. Court went well and my client is all set. Thanks for your support. My newest case is also coming along I met with them again yesterday. I have her set to start a job in a week and she love the day hab I have her in. It always makes me feel good when I have accomplished something for a client and their lifes are better for it and they like it. The families are pleased and thats always a plus human service field we all know isn't so easy! But rewarding not in the pay ck but by what we stand up for.
On the scale front down .5 more. So I am on my way to going back down to where I should of stayed a bit ago. Oh well no sense in being upset just make a move to change it. I also like some S.B. recipes along with WW recipes. I used to make those wraps with lettuce too. Good idea I think to try again. Nikki its so nice to have you back. The oatmeal always helps me feel full guess its all the heaviness and fiber. I enjoyed a nice red pepper cut in half and filled with tuna, onion a little mircale whip and some walnuts on a bed of lettuce, chickpeas and a few croutons and carrots on the side for lunch. It was really good and the red peppers are so sweet. I like the Ken's lite red vinegar w/ walnuts dressing very good. So good healthy lunch yesterday and I am going to repeat it today. Tonight I am going to make some chicken and a roasted sweet potatoe and veggies for dinner. I purchased some little ice cream sandwiches for dessert I think they are by Breyers not bad. I also am going to make some sugar free jello and purchased some lite cool whip. My goal is to lose another .5 lb. this week hopefully I can do it. Saturday I have a wedding shower and it is Thia food is that high in cals like chinese can be if we aren't careful ? I will have to adjust my cals for the day maybe lite breakfast and dinner plus a healthy evening crunchy snack. Oh girls I add in to my coffee maker with the coffee grounds some ground cinnamon daily plus add it to my oatmeal. I know its suppose to lower your chol. lets hope I am darn sick of paying for meds. but the diet never really made a huge difference there as it runs in the genes. Well gotta fly Bear is into everything he's not suppose to this morning just like a toddler. He must make me burn a few calories. I plan on dress shopping next month for the wedding I would like to be down at least 4lbs. by the end of FEB. Oh support I will need you all everyone of you. When I say I gained give me a kick!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #1069  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Good Morning -

Carol way to go on being down .5

FitinBoise Welcome to the group. I too have 25/ 30 pounds to lose. I am aiming to do it by the summer. Feel free to jkump right in. What is the fat smashers diet about?

As for me .. I am very happy this morning. I made it through day 3 on South Beach and I lost 2.2 lbs so far. I also have more energy which is great. I won't change my ticker until Monday. That is my official weigh in day and I am hoping to lose 5-6 by then. I hear that is not unreasonable on this diet in the first week.

Nikki
Old 02-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #1070  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi, all--

I'm wearing workout clothes as I write this, to psych myself up to go down to the little fitness room in the hotel's basement. I went yesterday and did cardio for about 35 minutes. I'm still a bit tired but I got a good night's sleep last night and I can stop rushing around town (in the frigid cold) to meetings, since the conference started last night and goes through Friday afternoon. My eating has been okay, I need to be more careful about fatty foods (no more sausages). Also I tend to get a little dehydrated cooped up in these hermetically sealed hotels, and I don't drink as much water as I would at home.

Marie, you would have enjoyed the souvenir shop at the airport in Milwaukee--sausages, mustards, cheese curds, cheese spreads, cow-shaped cheese, chocolate cheese fudge....alas, most of my favorite Midwestern delicacies are off-limits, llike Chicago-style pizza and Garrett's fresh carmel corn. But I'm not feeling as bloated and sluggish as I usually feel on one of these trips, so it's worth it (I guess ) to make better choices.

Hi, Boise, nice to meet you! Let me know how you like the Fat Smash. That Dr. Ian is a little cutie. This is the Celebrity Fit Club book, right?

Go, Nikki, go! You're off to a great start.

And Carol, congratulations on continuing to lose.

Penny, I hope you're feeling better. I like Airborne, too. I'm not sure that it works, but I'm partial to fizzy medicines.

Okay, time to sweat. Have a great day!

judy
Old 02-02-2007, 12:10 AM   #1071  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Evening everyone!!!

FitinBoise!!! Welcome. Definitely please join us. Since Penny answered the ticker part, the smilies are easy to find, instead of using the Quick Reply, click on Go Advanced and add your smilies there. Once you know the symbol's text equivalent, you can type them in the quick reply.

Tomorrow is weighin. I've been way good so I have hope. But since it'll be Friday, it'll be a great day even if the evil scale isn't cooperative. Tomorrow is interview day and I HATE that, but still, Fridays are always good days.

I did 3 miles WATP this am. I'm still sore and stiff, but definitely getting better. Tomorrow I will post January's numbers (weight loss - if there is any) and the exercise log. It's on my USB drive on my keychain and I'm too tired to go get it.

Judy, ooooo Chicago style pizza. Yummy!!! Good for you exercising at the hotel and staying on track. Isn't it amazing how much better we feel when we don't eat junk?

Speaking of that since you all mentioned protein shakes - I added something new to my diet. One protein shake (whey) scoop daily. 1/2 at 10 in the morning and 1/2 at 3 in the afternoon. I was thinking that might help keep the munchies at bay and the metabolism up. Today it seemed to work. We'll see how tomorrow goes. And it tasted good - chocolate caramel and only 120 cals total with 21 grams protein. DS2 has the same stuff but in strawberry and I hated it.

Carol, great job on your new client. You are such a giving person. I'm so glad you can help them. And another .5 pounds - that's 1 pound from last Friday's evil scale report. Way to GO!!!!!!

Penny, your organization sounds cool. I've never been to a tea. I like iced tea but have to brew my own so it's decaf. I'm a diet pepsi and junkie. Our new co-worker is a tea person and told me about a tea shop in town. I'm thinking my tastes aren't discriminating enough. I sure hope you feel better.

Nikki, you go chickie. You're doing great. I hope the evil scale is cooperative.

Well, it's bedtime.
TTYL.
Marie
Old 02-02-2007, 07:22 AM   #1072  
fIREFLY

Nikki hey congrats isn't it cool how the SB helps with the craving so much. I had problems being on it in the past as I am a fruit eater etc/ it did get me to understand how certain foods make you feel. And I still use some of the recipes and ideas. Keep it up!
I did the scale this a.m. and still the same so I am pleased to be stable for a couple of days but hope for another loss soon.Judy I would love to be there with all the goodies it sounds like a shop I would love for gifts and myself. Judy it is called getting rid of what I let slip on due to holidays and poor choices. I am trying to be wiser this time in hopes to lose my total of 9lbs. in 5 months. It doesn't sound much to some but I tend to be a slow loser. That goal wt. would be awesome. I did grocery shop and purchased some healthy things to make. Tonight I am having shrimp and garlic with some cocktail sauce and a nice veggie. My lunches other than going out one day have been healthy. Eventually wt. has to keep coming off with better choices and movement. A coworker was walking out with me yesterday she headed for the elevator and I for the stairs she gave me a look I said sharing is caring and we did the stairs laughing away! I found some good recipes on the ww site. Penny did you do the tea last year too? I have gotten to enjoy tea more lately. I bought some pumpkin spice oh its good and sometimes I let it cool and make it into ice tea. I am taking some for lunch today. I have never been to a formal tea party sounds lovely do you serve scones? I do make those now for the last couple of years even have thought of trying them with 1/2 ww flour and 1/2 white and I add cranberries, walnuts and yogurt. Really tasty and great with tea. Its girl scout cookie time I ordered 9 boxes and the hubby 6 from the grandgirls. I will have to lock mine up in the freezer downstairs. Down fall is mint for me. I will save some for my son when he comes home. Way to go Marie and hope your feeling a bit better. I am so glad that Jan. is over it was a really crazy work month for me. I have to write 2 reports from scratch for the new clients have a few meetings here and there I have a full case load again. But a coworker is leaving and I will have to help cover her load til another MSC is hired on a bit of stress but it will end after awhile. Hope everyone will have a nice weekend. I have the wedding shower at the Lemongrass Rest. that will be my main meal for the day and I am planning it into my intake. Just don't have any idea on calories with Thai food. No other plans for the weekend I might try to walk the lake if its not to cold out. Gotta do it soon I feel the need for the walk and the beauty of it all. Eat smart, move more and have a super weekend for me its learning it isn't a free for all event. Give me strenght to concor the weekend.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #1073  

Hi Ladies-

Judy- Hope you are having a nice trip.

Marie I hope the scale cooperates. Way to go on the 3 miles of WATP

Carol Have fun at the shower. I think it is good that you know how your body loses and are willing to make a reasonable goal for yourself.

As for me the scale is down more today. I could not help but peek. It is amazing me how eating right is making it go down daily. I made it through day 4 but had some minor cravings return. I heard once you get to day 6 it's better. I did not get my usual amount of water in yesterday and I am wondering if that accounted for my hunger.

Nikki
Old 02-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #1074  
Brit Chick

Carol - Glad to hear you haven't gained - you're due for a loss so I'm rooting for you! Yes, we did do a tea & fashion show last year (in fact, this is our seventh year of doing them). We serve a very nice tea plate, I must say, with 10 items (all home made) this year including a scone with cream and strawberry jam, shortbread, chocolate profiterole, cherry cake, smoked salmon on pumpernickel and two sandwiches! We usually have about 80 guests. We have 6-8 models, each with 4 different outfits. We use our organization's heirloom bone china and linen tablecloths and one of our members is very talented at flower arrangements and makes beautiful decorations for the room and tables. It's a lot of work, but for a good cause. If you want to know the calories in Thai food, Calorieking has most kinds listed. Some are very high cal because of the coconut milk. I usually eat half a portion when we go out for Thai and take the rest home.

Marie - I'm glad your back is feeling better. I think I'll have to start having my protein shakes regularly again, I seem to lose more when I have them as a meal replacement, even though the ones I make aren't exactly low calorie. We serve Tetley tea at our teas. Most brits think "herbal" tea is a bad word but I do like Chamomile tea before bedtime. I only drink decaf in the afternoons otherwise I have trouble getting to sleep.

Nikki - You are doing great! Way to go being so consistent and sticking to your new plan.

Judy - I hope things are going well for you on your trip in cheese counry!

I weighed in the same today (188). Whew - I thought I had gained because I haven't worked out since Monday when I got dizzy and came down with this strange bug. I still feel very tired and have a bit of a sore throat and stuffy sinuses. It's been very windy here so it may have kicked up some allergens.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #1075  

Penny - Good job sounds like your body wants you to rest up.Take care of you !

Nikki
Old 02-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #1076  

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Happy Friday

Hi everyone - thanks for the support. I'm going to try to get the ticker up and running this weekend.

I also need to get a scale - ugh!! I'm not sure if I've lost this week although I think I have. I've stuck to my diet and I think I'm over the hump with the caffiene withdrawls.

I own my own business in Boise - I'm a dog trainer, petsitter and dog walker - I walk a lot which is great exercise for me.

Since I am new to this, can you tell me the best way to get back to this thread. I logged on to 3FatChicks but then it took me quite a while to get here. I know there must be an easier way. I'm so computer illiterate!!

Anyway - I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll talk soon.

Suzanne
FitinBoise
Old 02-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #1077  
Brit Chick

Suzanne - You must get plenty of exercise in your line of business! I was at Petsmart today and they had a "doggie day school" with about 20 dogs of all sizes milling about, playing with toys and having a good old sniff. It was fun to watch them - just like a bunch of kids and they were very well-behaved. I don't think I could ever give up my cup of "real" coffee in the morning, but from then on it's decaf otherwise I can't sleep.

You could bookmark the current page (usually your web browser will have a "bookmarks" section in the toolbar). I drag the web address of the current page (http: etc.) onto my favorites on the toolbar or you can drag the icon (the little chicken head) onto your desktop. I have a Mac, so I don't know if this works the same way with PC's. Maybe some of the others have a better way get back to the page. Good luck!
Old 02-03-2007, 12:00 AM   #1078  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, the scale tried to ruin my Friday as did the interviews. But I won't be deterred. I'm in a good mood regardless. I swear the scale knows what day I'm going to weigh iand it's mean. Betcha if I weighed tomorrow it would be less. My karma with the scale has never been good.

Suzanne, if you're using IE, just make it a favorite. I bookmark the forums then browse to Support Groups, then scroll the list to Daily Check In. I know you can subscribe to the group and receive emails and the such, but it didn't work great for me so I do it that way. It's a habit now so I don't change. BTW, scales are not the end all. You can just weigh in every once in a while at your drs. office (they shouldn't charge) and use your clothes as a marker. I tried the clothes route and failed miserably. My love hate relationship with the evil scale will always be in place. But some people are better without it.

Penny, I'm sending you a PM. DH and I are moving up our Portland trip to tomorrow/Sunday. I'll send my cell number to call if you want to try to get together for coffee. We're going to go to Lake Oswego Outlets (for Columbia Sportwear), the Oregon Zoo, somewhere where DH is getting auto stuff, Costco and we're staying at the Comfort Suites. Spur of the moment. I wanted to get away - probably from the mucho babysitting and the disappointment of my back not being better to go skiing. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. That should feel nice on the old back. It's about the same today.

I did 3 miles WATP again this morning before work. I upped the intensity a bit to get a little more of a workout. DGS and I met DH in town for dinner so that was nice. That's when I sprung the idea of a weekend getaway on him. And last night he told me he'll be back on days on March 5th. YEAH!!!!

Carol, good luck this weekend. You're back on the wagon and the Mr. Scale will smile on you soon (me too - just not on official weigh in day).

Judy, hope your having fun.

Nikki I'm proud of you getting on the SB track. You're doing great. Keep up with it.

Marie
Old 02-03-2007, 07:54 AM   #1079  
fIREFLY

Suzanne I have a little puppy named Bear he is going to be 13 weeks old on sunday. I love him to pieces but didn't remember how much work it is to train. We are getting there but slowly. Your job at least fits the exercise right into your day thats really cool. Glad you joined our group here and a scale for sure is something that we have a hate and love understanding for. Yah either are grateful for it one day or ready to flush it the next but its important to have. I wish I had one which told oz. somedays I swear even an oz I would count off.
Penny do you used cream cheese is that what you mean when you say cream?? I love learning new things and was just curious. Most likely a funny question huh??? Well at any rate I never ate a scone til a couple of years ago then learned to make some and enjoy them in moderation. Also make them as healthy as possible. I would love to attend a tea. But I do enjoy herbal tea and try to have at least 2 cups at work a day. It holds me over from coffee and other junk. Marie hope you don't over do it but your trip sounds just great lots of stuff to do and then soak in that hot tub you will need it. Hope you girls have an opportunity to get together that would be way cool. How long have we all been on here together now. Is it going on 3 years? We have certainly picked up good info. from one another and built some nice relationships over the net. Thank God for teck. Its sunny here today but extremely cold and more colder weather for next week. Last nights driving was really tough for folks. I was happy that my daughter decided to ride home after her late shift at the paper with someone else. I worry about her during the night driving et. I didn't do too bad yesterday did eat a little more bread than I should have and my ham was a bit salty. I saved the seafood for tonight instead ham sandwiches last night. The shower is today so I will have some oatmeal for breakfast low in cals and stick to your ribs food to hold me fuller til lunch time. Grazing at night has been better I usually plan ahead what my snack will be after dinner. If I have some chips I measure them and count them in. Sometimes I feel the desire and make sure I read the portion and don't just eat out of the bag. The 1/2 cup measuring bowl works well. Have a great day all and I am hoping to have one too![link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/179/165/174/.png[/image][/link]
Old 02-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #1080  
fIREFLY

I tried to set up my tracker but somehow failed to do it right oh well. At least I showed my dirt of the lbs. and will now get them down. Good thing at least there here but what did I do wrong?? Let me know I will attempt to fit it.
cc
Closed Thread